web dev image, problem with testing

Jason Johnson-5
Hi all,

I am running Squeak web dev image: web07.08.1.  I have a test that
uses a class side collection variable, where I check upon entry to the
test method that the collection is empty.  Strangely enough, this
assertion failed with one of my tests (it shouldn't as all tests end
by clearing the variable).  This particular test did have some code in
it that would fail, but it was a ways after the size check.  When I
ran it through the debugger it worked to the real fail point, where I
fixed it.  After that the test worked.

So, is it possible that the tester in this image is restarting tests
that fail for some reason?  The behavior is as if the test ran to the
fail point, then restarted the method from the beginning.  And the
first time this happened, I think it did this twice before failing, as
my collection that should have been empty had 4 elements.  Twice what
that test would enter.

Thanks,
Jason

Re: web dev image, problem with testing

Damien Cassou-3
Hi Jason,

did you use a refactoring for this particular method before the
problem appeared? It seems to me that the method was not well compiled
and a bug like this existed some month ago. You might want to try
using a newer image or update the RefactoringService package.

Bye

Damien Cassou

Re: web dev image, problem with testing

Jason Johnson-5
The refactoring browser is my default, but I didn't do any
refactoring.  Just normal coding.