where does source.squeak.org get its title?

where does source.squeak.org get its title?

Chris Muller-4
Can anyone please help me figure where the heck SqueakSource gets its
title text?  (see picture)

This is the last thing needed to upgrade our code repository server.
Months of work is completed, but I'm stuck at this last step for the
last couple of days.

In our production source.squeak.org image, there is one ByteString
instance with the value 'Squeak Development' but when I chasePointers
its an empty list..

Sigh... Seaside magic.  Completely opaque!!  Can anyone give me a pointer?

Squeak-Development-Green.png (64K) Download Attachment

Re: where does source.squeak.org get its title?

marcel.taeumel
Chris Muller-4 wrote
Can anyone please help me figure where the heck SqueakSource gets its
title text?  (see picture)

This is the last thing needed to upgrade our code repository server.
Months of work is completed, but I'm stuck at this last step for the
last couple of days.

In our production source.squeak.org image, there is one ByteString
instance with the value 'Squeak Development' but when I chasePointers
its an empty list..

Sigh... Seaside magic.  Completely opaque!!  Can anyone give me a pointer?
Hi Chris,

this is a pre-rendered picture, right? At least on the rendered Website... Maybe you are looking for a resource, a form?

Best,
Marcel

Squeak-Development-Green.png (64K) <http://forum.world.st/attachment/4912504/0/Squeak-Development-Green.png>

Re: where does source.squeak.org get its title?

Chris Muller-3
I think I finally found it...    SSFrame class>>#formLogo.

Whew!  Maybe..  this is the standard blue "SqueakSource" banner..

And, yes, its a Form.

Thanks.

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 11:58 AM, marcel.taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Chris Muller-4 wrote
>> Can anyone please help me figure where the heck SqueakSource gets its
>> title text?  (see picture)
>>
>> This is the last thing needed to upgrade our code repository server.
>> Months of work is completed, but I'm stuck at this last step for the
>> last couple of days.
>>
>> In our production source.squeak.org image, there is one ByteString
>> instance with the value 'Squeak Development' but when I chasePointers
>> its an empty list..
>>
>> Sigh... Seaside magic.  Completely opaque!!  Can anyone give me a pointer?
>> Hi Chris,
>>
>> this is a pre-rendered picture, right? At least on the rendered Website...
>> Maybe you are looking for a resource, a form?
>>
>> Best,
>> Marcel
>>

>> Squeak-Development-Green.png (64K)
>> &lt;http://forum.world.st/attachment/4912504/0/Squeak-Development-Green.png&gt;

Re: where does source.squeak.org get its title?

David T. Lewis
On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 01:30:21PM -0500, Chris Muller wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 11:58 AM, marcel.taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Chris Muller-4 wrote
> >> Can anyone please help me figure where the heck SqueakSource gets its
> >> title text?  (see picture)
> >>
> >> This is the last thing needed to upgrade our code repository server.
> >> Months of work is completed, but I'm stuck at this last step for the
> >> last couple of days.
> >>
> >> In our production source.squeak.org image, there is one ByteString
> >> instance with the value 'Squeak Development' but when I chasePointers
> >> its an empty list..
> >>
> >> Sigh... Seaside magic.  Completely opaque!!  Can anyone give me a pointer?
> >> Hi Chris,
> >>
> >> this is a pre-rendered picture, right? At least on the rendered Website...
> >> Maybe you are looking for a resource, a form?
> >>
> >> Best,
> >> Marcel
> >>

> >> Squeak-Development-Green.png (64K)
> >> &lt;http://forum.world.st/attachment/4912504/0/Squeak-Development-Green.png&gt;
> >

> I think I finally found it...    SSFrame class>>#formLogo.
>
> Whew!  Maybe..  this is the standard blue "SqueakSource" banner..
>
> And, yes, its a Form.
>
> Thanks.

Hi Chris,

I see you already found the answer, but for what it's worth, here is a
copy of the workspace that I left in the squeaksource.com image as a
reminder of how to change the logo. This is from the time when I imported
the squeaksource.com repository from its ancient 3.11 based image into a
copy of the (then) latest and greatest source.squeak.org image so that
both would be running on the same image and squeaksource versions. After
I did that I had to change the logo back to the squeaksource.com logo
(pretty much the reverse of the problem you had here).

The squeaksource.com image has a number of workspaces like this to keep
track of how it came to be. Whenever we update the source.squeak.org and
squeaksource.com images to some newer version of the image and VM, those
workspaces will hopefully provide some background to help with the update.

Dave

Update the page header logo.text (750 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: where does source.squeak.org get its title?

Chris Cunnington-4

I think this is meant to be addressed in the web browser.
source.squeak.org/config >> login >> Config page >> files >> Configure >> SSFooLibrary >> configure >> Logo.jpg or mimeLogo.jpg.
Links for "remove", "rename", "write to disk", "close", "choose file" and "add".

Chris