wxSqueak

SmallSqueak
Greetings,

    I am trying to use wxSqueak (0.4.1) without any references
    to Morphic and ran into the following issues:

A/-

    1/- 'wxSqueak Demo' window was opened.
    2/- wxSqueak was then "save and quit".
    3/- wxSqueak was restarted, it's state was not preserved
    ('wxSqueak Demo' window was not open)

    How can I make it happen.

B/-

    1/- A non-morphic System Browser was open
    (via  wxSqueak Demo/Other Samples/SqueakDevTools)
    2/- wxSqueak was then "save and quit"
    3/- There was a MNU, please see attach SqueakDebug.zip

    How can I avoid this MNU.

C/-

    1/- A non-morphic System Browser was open
    (via  wxSqueak Demo/Other Samples/SqueakDevTools)
    2/- All flaps, morphs on the root Squeak window were destroyed.
    3/- There is still the root world on the root window.

    Can this root world be destroyed programmatically ?

    I understand that there are improvements in splitting Morphic
    in Squeak 3.9. Will wxSqueak support Squeak 3.9?

    Thanks for your help.

    Cheers,

    SmallSqueak

SqueakDebug.zip (2K) Download Attachment

Re: wxSqueak

Rob Gayvert
Saving wx windows in the image is flaky in 0.4.1, and only applies to
windows created using the MVP framework; e.g., WxBrowserPresenter, but
not WxDemoFrame. At startup, WxTopLevelPresenter attempts to restore
windows whose XRC content was stored. As for (C), are you asking whether
the main Squeak window can be closed? At present this isn't possible in
the normal development environment, but as a runtime option you can run
headless.

The next version (0.5) will be based on Squeak 3.9 and wxWidgets 2.6.3.

.. Rob

SmallSqueak wrote:

> Greetings,
>
>     I am trying to use wxSqueak (0.4.1) without any references
>     to Morphic and ran into the following issues:
>
> A/-
>
>     1/- 'wxSqueak Demo' window was opened.
>     2/- wxSqueak was then "save and quit".
>     3/- wxSqueak was restarted, it's state was not preserved
>     ('wxSqueak Demo' window was not open)
>
>     How can I make it happen.
>
> B/-
>
>     1/- A non-morphic System Browser was open
>     (via  wxSqueak Demo/Other Samples/SqueakDevTools)
>     2/- wxSqueak was then "save and quit"
>     3/- There was a MNU, please see attach SqueakDebug.zip
>
>     How can I avoid this MNU.
>
> C/-
>
>     1/- A non-morphic System Browser was open
>     (via  wxSqueak Demo/Other Samples/SqueakDevTools)
>     2/- All flaps, morphs on the root Squeak window were destroyed.
>     3/- There is still the root world on the root window.
>
>     Can this root world be destroyed programmatically ?
>
>     I understand that there are improvements in splitting Morphic
>     in Squeak 3.9. Will wxSqueak support Squeak 3.9?
>
>     Thanks for your help.
>

>     Cheers,
>
>     SmallSqueak

Re: wxSqueak

SmallSqueak
Rob Gayvert wrote:

> As for (C), are you asking whether
> the main Squeak window can be closed?
> At present this isn't possible in the normal development environment,
> but as a runtime option you can run headless.

    I am referring to the top world morph occupying the whole root
    window and reponding to the mouse clicks.

> Saving wx windows in the image is flaky in 0.4.1, and only applies to
> windows created using the MVP framework; e.g., WxBrowserPresenter, but
> not WxDemoFrame. At startup, WxTopLevelPresenter attempts to restore
> windows whose XRC content was stored.
>
> The next version (0.5) will be based on Squeak 3.9 and wxWidgets 2.6.3.

    I am looking forward to wxSqueak 0.5.

    My goal is to have wxSqueak starting up with just a System Browser
    in wxWindow, no morphic windows at all.

    BTW, do you have a timeline for wxSqueak 0.5?

    Thanks for making wxSqueak available.

    Cheers,

    SmallSqueak

> SmallSqueak wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> >     I am trying to use wxSqueak (0.4.1) without any references
> >     to Morphic and ran into the following issues:
> >
> > A/-
> >
> >     1/- 'wxSqueak Demo' window was opened.
> >     2/- wxSqueak was then "save and quit".
> >     3/- wxSqueak was restarted, it's state was not preserved
> >     ('wxSqueak Demo' window was not open)
> >
> >     How can I make it happen.
> >
> > B/-
> >
> >     1/- A non-morphic System Browser was open
> >     (via  wxSqueak Demo/Other Samples/SqueakDevTools)
> >     2/- wxSqueak was then "save and quit"
> >     3/- There was a MNU, please see attach SqueakDebug.zip
> >
> >     How can I avoid this MNU.
> >
> > C/-
> >
> >     1/- A non-morphic System Browser was open
> >     (via  wxSqueak Demo/Other Samples/SqueakDevTools)
> >     2/- All flaps, morphs on the root Squeak window were destroyed.
> >     3/- There is still the root world on the root window.
> >
> >     Can this root world be destroyed programmatically ?
> >
> >     I understand that there are improvements in splitting Morphic
> >     in Squeak 3.9. Will wxSqueak support Squeak 3.9?
> >
> >     Thanks for your help.
> >

> >     Cheers,
> >
> >     SmallSqueak

Re: wxSqueak

Rob Gayvert
SmallSqueak wrote:
>     My goal is to have wxSqueak starting up with just a System Browser
>     in wxWindow, no morphic windows at all.

I'll look at adding methods to open/close the Squeak window.

>     BTW, do you have a timeline for wxSqueak 0.5?

I'm shooting for later next month.

.. Rob

Re: wxSqueak

SmallSqueak
Rob Gayvert wrote:

> >     My goal is to have wxSqueak starting up with just a System Browser
> >     in wxWindow, no morphic windows at all.
>
> I'll look at adding methods to open/close the Squeak window.

    This is very coool.

    Are other browsers like Refactoring Browser, MudPie Browser...
    still available for use when the main Squeak window is closed?

> >     BTW, do you have a timeline for wxSqueak 0.5?
>
> I'm shooting for later next month.

    Thanks a bunch.

    Cheers,

    SmallSqueak.

Re: wxSqueak

Rob Gayvert
SmallSqueak wrote:

>     Are other browsers like Refactoring Browser, MudPie Browser...
>     still available for use when the main Squeak window is closed?

If they're constructed using ToolBuilder, they should work. Otherwise, no.

ToolBuilder (Re: wxSqueak)

SmallSqueak

> >     Are other browsers like Refactoring Browser, MudPie Browser...
> >     still available for use when the main Squeak window is closed?
>
> If they're constructed using ToolBuilder, they should work. Otherwise, no.

    I thought that, by now, all Squeak tools should be ToolBuilder
compliant.

    Am I wrong?

    Cheers,

    SmallSqueak.

RE: wxSqueak

SmallSqueak
Hi Rob,

        I am getting this:

                error C2065: 'wxDisplay' : undeclared identifier

        while compiling wxPlugin, did I miss something?

        Cheers,

        SmallSqueak

Re: ToolBuilder (Re: wxSqueak)

stéphane ducasse-2
nothing magic like that happened because nobody did it.
But yes this would be idea.

Stef