xmlrpc

ching
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right mailing list but it is a newbie question and I suppose it is safe to post it here. I am trying to understand xmlrpc and I have loaded the classes that deal with this.

What I would like to accomplish is to post to my wordpress blog using xmlrpc but there are no examples regarding this. Can anyone help out?

Thanks in advance,

Ching

Re: xmlrpc

David Mitchell-10
I'm not familiar with the classes that you loaded for xmlrpc? Was it a
package on squeaksource?

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 9:22 AM, Ching de la Serna<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm not sure if this is the right mailing list but it is a newbie question
> and I suppose it is safe to post it here. I am trying to understand xmlrpc
> and I have loaded the classes that deal with this.
> What I would like to accomplish is to post to my wordpress blog using xmlrpc
> but there are no examples regarding this. Can anyone help out?
> Thanks in advance,
> Ching

Re: xmlrpc

ching
Hi David,

I loaded the package from SqueakMap including YAXO, Kom and Spy-maf from squeaksource.

ching

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 10:36 PM, David Mitchell <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm not familiar with the classes that you loaded for xmlrpc? Was it a
package on squeaksource?

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 9:22 AM, Ching de la Serna<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm not sure if this is the right mailing list but it is a newbie question
> and I suppose it is safe to post it here. I am trying to understand xmlrpc
> and I have loaded the classes that deal with this.
> What I would like to accomplish is to post to my wordpress blog using xmlrpc
> but there are no examples regarding this. Can anyone help out?
> Thanks in advance,
> Ching

Re: xmlrpc

David T. Lewis
On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 10:22:24PM +0800, Ching de la Serna wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm not sure if this is the right mailing list but it is a newbie question
> and I suppose it is safe to post it here. I am trying to understand xmlrpc
> and I have loaded the classes that deal with this.
>
> What I would like to accomplish is to post to my wordpress blog using xmlrpc
> but there are no examples regarding this. Can anyone help out?

Hello Ching,

I do not know the answer to your question, but I suggest that ask
on the squeak-dev list. There are more people on that list who have
experience with topics like this, and no one will mind if it is a
newbie question :)

Dave

Re: xmlrpc

ching
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the suggestion. I think it is time for me to get into the squeak-dev list.

Cheers,

Ching

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 8:08 AM, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 10:22:24PM +0800, Ching de la Serna wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm not sure if this is the right mailing list but it is a newbie question
> and I suppose it is safe to post it here. I am trying to understand xmlrpc
> and I have loaded the classes that deal with this.
>
> What I would like to accomplish is to post to my wordpress blog using xmlrpc
> but there are no examples regarding this. Can anyone help out?

Hello Ching,

I do not know the answer to your question, but I suggest that ask
on the squeak-dev list. There are more people on that list who have
experience with topics like this, and no one will mind if it is a
newbie question :)

Dave

Re: xmlrpc

Cesar Lesc
Hi Ching, i recomend you to use the Monticello browser and download de latest version from squeaksource

XMLRPC-Server-maf.14 will be fine.

César.

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 7:18 PM, Ching de la Serna <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the suggestion. I think it is time for me to get into the squeak-dev list.

Cheers,

Ching

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 8:08 AM, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 10:22:24PM +0800, Ching de la Serna wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm not sure if this is the right mailing list but it is a newbie question
> and I suppose it is safe to post it here. I am trying to understand xmlrpc
> and I have loaded the classes that deal with this.
>
> What I would like to accomplish is to post to my wordpress blog using xmlrpc
> but there are no examples regarding this. Can anyone help out?

Hello Ching,

I do not know the answer to your question, but I suggest that ask
on the squeak-dev list. There are more people on that list who have
experience with topics like this, and no one will mind if it is a
newbie question :)

Dave

Re: xmlrpc

ching
Hi Cesar,

I loaded the package as you suggested. Just to be on the safe side, I loaded everything starting with XMLRPC-Server-maf..10 and hit a snag on XMLRPC-Server-maf.13 but XMLRPC-Server-maf.14 loaded fine.

I am still trying to figure out how to use the package. I have this and hit an exception 'sayHello not found'. I checked my xmlrpc server and there is a function sayHello($args)

url _ Url absoluteFromText: 'http://myBlog.com/xmlrpc.php'.
proxy _ XMLRPCProxy new url: url.
        r _ invokeMethod: 'sayHello' withArgs: #().

I am not sure as to the correct usage of the package. The closest thing I can think of to test the server is XMLRPCProxy >> invokeMethod. Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks,

Ching

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 11:09 AM, César Lesc <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ching, i recomend you to use the Monticello browser and download de latest version from squeaksource

XMLRPC-Server-maf.14 will be fine.

César.

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 7:18 PM, Ching de la Serna <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the suggestion. I think it is time for me to get into the squeak-dev list.

Cheers,

Ching

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 8:08 AM, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 10:22:24PM +0800, Ching de la Serna wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm not sure if this is the right mailing list but it is a newbie question
> and I suppose it is safe to post it here. I am trying to understand xmlrpc
> and I have loaded the classes that deal with this.
>
> What I would like to accomplish is to post to my wordpress blog using xmlrpc
> but there are no examples regarding this. Can anyone help out?

Hello Ching,

I do not know the answer to your question, but I suggest that ask
on the squeak-dev list. There are more people on that list who have
experience with topics like this, and no one will mind if it is a
newbie question :)

Dave

Re: xmlrpc

Cesar Lesc
this sample code work fine for me (you can try it in a workspace)

url := Url absoluteFromText: 'http://xmlrpc-c.sourceforge.net/api/sample.php'.
proxy := XMLRPCProxy new url: url.
r := proxy invokeMethod: 'sample.sumAndDifference' withArgs: #(5 3).

the result r should be

a Dictionary('difference'->2 'sum'->8 )

beware with some proxy between you and the xmlrpc server, i had to disable my proxy (and restart squeak) for this example to work.

Cheers

César.

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 12:43 AM, Ching de la Serna <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Cesar,

I loaded the package as you suggested. Just to be on the safe side, I loaded everything starting with XMLRPC-Server-maf..10 and hit a snag on XMLRPC-Server-maf.13 but XMLRPC-Server-maf.14 loaded fine.

I am still trying to figure out how to use the package. I have this and hit an exception 'sayHello not found'. I checked my xmlrpc server and there is a function sayHello($args)

url _ Url absoluteFromText: 'http://myBlog.com/xmlrpc.php'.
proxy _ XMLRPCProxy new url: url.
        r _ invokeMethod: 'sayHello' withArgs: #().

I am not sure as to the correct usage of the package. The closest thing I can think of to test the server is XMLRPCProxy >> invokeMethod. Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks,

Ching

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 11:09 AM, César Lesc <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ching, i recomend you to use the Monticello browser and download de latest version from squeaksource

XMLRPC-Server-maf.14 will be fine.

César.

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 7:18 PM, Ching de la Serna <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the suggestion. I think it is time for me to get into the squeak-dev list.

Cheers,

Ching

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 8:08 AM, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 10:22:24PM +0800, Ching de la Serna wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm not sure if this is the right mailing list but it is a newbie question
> and I suppose it is safe to post it here. I am trying to understand xmlrpc
> and I have loaded the classes that deal with this.
>
> What I would like to accomplish is to post to my wordpress blog using xmlrpc
> but there are no examples regarding this. Can anyone help out?

Hello Ching,

I do not know the answer to your question, but I suggest that ask
on the squeak-dev list. There are more people on that list who have
experience with topics like this, and no one will mind if it is a
newbie question :)

Dave

Re: xmlrpc

ching
Hi Cesar,

Thanks for the help. It worked like a charm. Now, on to Wordpress API. I am beginning to see the interacting parts.

Ching