All-In-One updated with Mac VM

123

Re: re: [squeak-dev] All-In-One updated with Mac VM

Tobias Pape

On 05.03.2014, at 14:25, Craig Latta <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> what does 'spctl --assess -v Squeak-4.5-All-in-One\ 2.app' say?
>
>    With "Allow apps downloaded from Mac App Store" or "Allow apps
> downloaded from Mac App Store and identified developers" in the System
> Preferences, it's:
>
> ***
>
> craig@rhythm documents 34> spctl --assess -v Squeak-4.5-All-in-One\ 2.app
> Squeak-4.5-All-in-One 2.app: invalid resource directory (directory or
> signature have been modified)

Oh, I apparently put the wrong one there. (I played around with code
signing :( )
Can you please try

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14917452/Squeak-4.5-All-in-One.app.zip

now?

Best
        -Tobias

> craig@rhythm documents 35>
>
> ***
>
>    If I "Allow apps downloaded from anywhere" it's:
>
> ***
>
> craig@rhythm documents 36> spctl --assess -v Squeak-4.5-All-in-One\ 2.app
> Squeak-4.5-All-in-One 2.app: accepted
> override=security disabled
> craig@rhythm documents 37>
>
> ***
>

> -C
>
> --
> Craig Latta
> www.netjam.org/resume
> +31   6 2757 7177 (SMS ok)
> + 1 415 287 3547 (no SMS)

Re: All-In-One updated with Mac VM

Tobias Pape

On 05.03.2014, at 04:35, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If I remove the Bochs plugins, will the signature still work?

No.

Best
        -Tobias

> On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 4:36 PM, Craig Latta <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Chris--
>>
>>     Signed by "Mac Developer: Craig Latta (4QTQUN2427)", verify with
>> shell command:
>>
>>     codesign --display --verbose=4 Squeak-4.5-All-in-One.app
>>
>>     New zipfile at [1].
>>

>>     thanks!
>>
>> -C
>>
>> [1] http://tinyurl.com/ke77vol (dropbox.com)
>>
>> --
>> Craig Latta
>> www.netjam.org/resume
>> +31 6 2757 7177 (SMS ok)
>> + 1 415  287 3547 (no SMS)

signature.asc (1K) Download Attachment

Re: re: [squeak-dev] All-In-One updated with Mac VM

glenpaling
Tobias, do you have a handle on how the Info.plist is used by the VM? The version that comes with the Cog VM and the one in the All-In-On have several differences.

Glen

On 05.03.2014, at 14:43, glenpaling <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Tobias, do you have a handle on how the Info.plist is used by the VM? The
> version that comes with the Cog VM and the one in the All-In-On have several
> differences.

Jep.
In the Link I posted I adapted the AIO one with the appropriate COG infos.
Note that some of them are Only of marginal interest, they only convey
Build information (the DV… ones, IIRC)

Best
        -Tobias

signature.asc (1K) Download Attachment

Re: All-In-One updated with Mac VM

Chris Muller-3
Will someone please let me know what the final call is?  The signed
one from Craig yesterday is currently at ftp.squeak.org, do I need to
replace that with Tobias' version, or not?

thanks.

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 7:48 AM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 05.03.2014, at 14:43, glenpaling <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Tobias, do you have a handle on how the Info.plist is used by the VM? The
>> version that comes with the Cog VM and the one in the All-In-On have several
>> differences.
>
> Jep.
> In the Link I posted I adapted the AIO one with the appropriate COG infos.
> Note that some of them are Only of marginal interest, they only convey
> Build information (the DV… ones, IIRC)
>
> Best
>         -Tobias

re: All-In-One updated with Mac VM

ccrraaiigg

> Oh, I apparently put the wrong one there. (I played around with code
> signing :( ). Can you please try:
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14917452/Squeak-4.5-All-
> in-One.app.zip

***

craig@rhythm Downloads 36> spctl --assess -v Squeak-4.5-All-in-One.app
Squeak-4.5-All-in-One.app: rejected
source=no usable signature
craig@rhythm Downloads 37>

***

-C

--
Craig Latta
www.netjam.org/resume
+31   6 2757 7177 (SMS ok)
+ 1 415 287 3547 (no SMS)

re: All-In-One updated with Mac VM

ccrraaiigg

> Will someone please let me know what the final call is?  The signed
> one from Craig yesterday is currently at ftp.squeak.org, do I need to
> replace that with Tobias' version, or not?

     Tobias' version has no usable signature, mine does.

-C

--
Craig Latta
www.netjam.org/resume
+31   6 2757 7177 (SMS ok)
+ 1 415 287 3547 (no SMS)

re: All-In-One updated with Mac VM

Chris Cunnington-3
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14917452/Squeak-4.5-All-in-One.app.zip

This one also opens to an image on Mavericks.

Chris

On 05.03.2014, at 19:57, Craig Latta <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Oh, I apparently put the wrong one there. (I played around with code
>> signing :( ). Can you please try:
>>
>> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14917452/Squeak-4.5-All-
>> in-One.app.zip
>
> ***
>
> craig@rhythm Downloads 36> spctl --assess -v Squeak-4.5-All-in-One.app
> Squeak-4.5-All-in-One.app: rejected
> source=no usable signature
> craig@rhythm Downloads 37>
>
> ***
Craig, I didn't want to imply that mine was signed :(
would you do that?

Best
        -Tobias

signature.asc (1K) Download Attachment

Re: All-In-One updated with Mac VM

glenpaling
Chris Muller-3 wrote

I think we're waiting for Craig to sign and upload Tobias' new version.

re: All-In-One updated with Mac VM

ccrraaiigg

> I think we're waiting for Craig to sign and upload Tobias' new
> version.

     At [1]. Wow, what a mess this stuff still is. No hope in hell of
getting the right certificates in order unless you use the latest Xcode
(e.g., Apple's "developer certificate portal" website is a useless pile
of shit). And even then it's buried in Xcode's lousy preferences UI. And
then no documentation about how to use the certs. I trust the right
people were fired, but no one has replaced them yet...

     You're welcome. :)

-C

***

craig@rhythm Downloads 54> codesign --deep -s "Developer ID Application:
Craig Latta (RJ7UR445N4)" Squeak-4.5-All-in-One.app
craig@rhythm Downloads 55> spctl --assess -v Squeak-4.5-All-in-One.app
Squeak-4.5-All-in-One.app: accepted
source=Developer ID

***

[1] http://tinyurl.com/ke77vol (dropbox.com)

--
Craig Latta
www.netjam.org/resume
+31   6 2757 7177 (SMS ok)
+ 1 415 287 3547 (no SMS)

Re: re: [squeak-dev] All-In-One updated with Mac VM

Eliot Miranda-2

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 5:43 AM, glenpaling <[hidden email]> wrote:
Tobias, do you have a handle on how the Info.plist is used by the VM? The
version that comes with the Cog VM and the one in the All-In-On have several
differences.

One must use the one that comes with Cog.  All sorts of things can break (character encodings, amount of free memory, icons, etc).

Glen

best,
Eliot

Re: All-In-One updated with Mac VM

Tobias Pape
[inline]

--
Tobias Pape
sent from a mobile device

Am 05.03.2014 um 22:50 schrieb Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]>:

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 5:43 AM, glenpaling <[hidden email]> wrote:
Tobias, do you have a handle on how the Info.plist is used by the VM? The
version that comes with the Cog VM and the one in the All-In-On have several
differences.

One must use the one that comes with Cog.  All sorts of things can break (character encodings, amount of free memory, icons, etc).

characer ecodings?.

Glen

best,
Eliot

Re: re: All-In-One updated with Mac VM

glenpaling
ccrraaiigg wrote
> I think we're waiting for Craig to sign and upload Tobias' new
> version.

     At [1]. Wow, what a mess this stuff still is. No hope in hell of
getting the right certificates in order unless you use the latest Xcode
(e.g., Apple's "developer certificate portal" website is a useless pile
of shit). And even then it's buried in Xcode's lousy preferences UI. And
then no documentation about how to use the certs. I trust the right
people were fired, but no one has replaced them yet...

     You're welcome. :)

-C

***

craig@rhythm Downloads 54> codesign --deep -s "Developer ID Application:
Craig Latta (RJ7UR445N4)" Squeak-4.5-All-in-One.app
craig@rhythm Downloads 55> spctl --assess -v Squeak-4.5-All-in-One.app
Squeak-4.5-All-in-One.app: accepted
source=Developer ID

***

[1] http://tinyurl.com/ke77vol (dropbox.com)

--
Craig Latta
www.netjam.org/resume
+31   6 2757 7177 (SMS ok)
+ 1 415 287 3547 (no SMS)
With my security settings set to "Allow apps downloaded from: Mac App Store and identified developers". The All-In-One launches. It warns that the program was downloaded from the internet and do I want to continue. Once acknowledged the Squeak launches! Anyone else?

Re: Wow, I agree, it was more than I could sort out.

You're Thank You!

Glen Paling

Re: re: All-In-One updated with Mac VM

glenpaling
glenpaling wrote
ccrraaiigg wrote
> I think we're waiting for Craig to sign and upload Tobias' new
> version.

     At [1].

snip

[1] http://tinyurl.com/ke77vol (dropbox.com)

--
Craig Latta
www.netjam.org/resume
+31   6 2757 7177 (SMS ok)
+ 1 415 287 3547 (no SMS)
 snip
Test result are the same 13 failures as before:

Image
-----
/Users/glenpaling/Downloads/Squeak-4.5-All-in-One-2.app/Contents/Resources/Squeak4.5-13680.image
Squeak4.5
latest update: #13680
Current Change Set: Unnamed1
Image format 6505 (32 bit)

Virtual Machine
---------------
/Users/glenpaling/Downloads/Squeak-4.5-All-in-One-2.app/Contents/MacOS/Squeak
Croquet Closure Cog VM [CoInterpreter VMMaker.oscog-eem.331] 4.5
Mac OS X built on Aug 22 2013 10:08:05 Compiler: 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5666) (dot 3)
platform sources revision VM: r2776 http://www.squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/branches/Cog Plugins: r2545 http://squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/trunk/platforms/Cross/plugins
CoInterpreter VMMaker.oscog-eem.331 uuid: 37d2e4b0-2f37-4e2d-8313-c63637785e59 Aug 22 2013
StackToRegisterMappingCogit VMMaker.oscog-eem.333 uuid: 84da9cb8-7f30-4cb7-b4fb-239a11f63b54 Aug 22 2013

SUnit Results
-------------
3488 run, 3452 passes, 23 expected failures, 13 failures, 0 errors, 0 unexpected passes

Failed Tests
------------
(CompiledMethodTest selector: #testMethodClass) debug.
(ExceptionTests selector: #testHandlerFromAction) debug.
(LocaleTest selector: #testLocaleChanged) debug.
(MCEnvironmentLoadTest selector: #testLoadIntoEnvironment) debug.
(MCPackageTest selector: #testUnload) debug.
(MultiByteFileStreamTest selector: #testLineEndingChunk) debug.
(ReleaseTest selector: #testNoObsoleteClasses) debug.
(ReleaseTest selector: #testSuperSubclassReferences) debug.
(SocketTest selector: #testSocketReuse) debug.
(SocketTest selector: #testUDP) debug.
(TextAttributesScanningTest selector: #testPluggableTextAttribute) debug.
(TextAttributesScanningTest selector: #testTextFontReferenceTTC) debug.
(TileMorphTest selector: #testSoundTile) debug.

Re: All-In-One updated with Mac VM

Eliot Miranda-2

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 2:30 PM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
[inline]

--
Tobias Pape
sent from a mobile device

Am 05.03.2014 um 22:50 schrieb Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]>:

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 5:43 AM, glenpaling <[hidden email]> wrote:
Tobias, do you have a handle on how the Info.plist is used by the VM? The
version that comes with the Cog VM and the one in the All-In-On have several
differences.

One must use the one that comes with Cog.  All sorts of things can break (character encodings, amount of free memory, icons, etc).

characer ecodings?.

    <key>SqueakEncodingType</key>
    <string>UTF-8</string>

IIRC this controls things like the default encoding used when opening a file, the encoding used in the paste buffer, etc.

Glen

best,
Eliot

--
best,
Eliot

Am 06.03.2014 um 00:55 schrieb Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]>:

[...]

Ah, now I remember.

I compared both plists side by side,  but the only
grave differences I found where the developer infos
(that is, compiler etc.) and names.

Glen

best,
Eliot

--
best,
Eliot

On 05.03.2014, at 22:31, Craig Latta <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> I think we're waiting for Craig to sign and upload Tobias' new
>> version.
>
>    At [1]. Wow, what a mess this stuff still is. No hope in hell of
> getting the right certificates in order unless you use the latest Xcode
> (e.g., Apple's "developer certificate portal" website is a useless pile
> of shit). And even then it's buried in Xcode's lousy preferences UI. And
> then no documentation about how to use the certs. I trust the right
> people were fired, but no one has replaced them yet...
>
>    You're welcome. :)

Thank you indeed!

> -C
>
> ***
>
> craig@rhythm Downloads 54> codesign --deep -s "Developer ID Application:
> Craig Latta (RJ7UR445N4)" Squeak-4.5-All-in-One.app
> craig@rhythm Downloads 55> spctl --assess -v Squeak-4.5-All-in-One.app
> Squeak-4.5-All-in-One.app: accepted
> source=Developer ID
>
> ***
>
> [1] http://tinyurl.com/ke77vol (dropbox.com)
>
> --
> Craig Latta
> www.netjam.org/resume
> +31   6 2757 7177 (SMS ok)
> + 1 415 287 3547 (no SMS)

Re: All-In-One updated with Mac VM

Chris Muller-3
Okay, thanks Craig and Tobias and Glen and Eliot!

Craig's last signed one he got from Tobias is now uploaded to Squeak's ftp.

So, is 4.5 officially done now?  Can we announce?

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 2:21 AM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 05.03.2014, at 22:31, Craig Latta <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>> I think we're waiting for Craig to sign and upload Tobias' new
>>> version.
>>
>>    At [1]. Wow, what a mess this stuff still is. No hope in hell of
>> getting the right certificates in order unless you use the latest Xcode
>> (e.g., Apple's "developer certificate portal" website is a useless pile
>> of shit). And even then it's buried in Xcode's lousy preferences UI. And
>> then no documentation about how to use the certs. I trust the right
>> people were fired, but no one has replaced them yet...
>>
>>    You're welcome. :)
>
> Thank you indeed!
>

>> -C
>>
>> ***
>>
>> craig@rhythm Downloads 54> codesign --deep -s "Developer ID Application:
>> Craig Latta (RJ7UR445N4)" Squeak-4.5-All-in-One.app
>> craig@rhythm Downloads 55> spctl --assess -v Squeak-4.5-All-in-One.app
>> Squeak-4.5-All-in-One.app: accepted
>> source=Developer ID
>>
>> ***
>>
>> [1] http://tinyurl.com/ke77vol (dropbox.com)
>>
>> --
>> Craig Latta
>> www.netjam.org/resume
>> +31 6 2757 7177 (SMS ok)
>> + 1 415        287 3547 (no SMS)

Re: All-In-One updated with Mac VM

douglas mcpherson
Anybody else like the green Squeak icon from Eliot's distributions? Or is that OS X only?

Out of curiosity, is this the first time we will ship Cog/JIT as the standard out-of-the box VM? For the all-in-one, are all the three major platforms now Cog/JIT?

Thanks,
Doug

On Mar 6, 2014, at 00:21 , Tobias Pape wrote:

> On 05.03.2014, at 22:31, Craig Latta <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>> I think we're waiting for Craig to sign and upload Tobias' new
>>> version.
>>
>>   At [1]. Wow, what a mess this stuff still is. No hope in hell of
>> getting the right certificates in order unless you use the latest Xcode
>> (e.g., Apple's "developer certificate portal" website is a useless pile
>> of shit). And even then it's buried in Xcode's lousy preferences UI. And
>> then no documentation about how to use the certs. I trust the right
>> people were fired, but no one has replaced them yet...
>>
>>   You're welcome. :)
>
> Thank you indeed!
>

>> -C
>>
>> ***
>>
>> craig@rhythm Downloads 54> codesign --deep -s "Developer ID Application:
>> Craig Latta (RJ7UR445N4)" Squeak-4.5-All-in-One.app
>> craig@rhythm Downloads 55> spctl --assess -v Squeak-4.5-All-in-One.app
>> Squeak-4.5-All-in-One.app: accepted
>> source=Developer ID
>>
>> ***