[BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo1.0-10507-rc2dev10.01.2

1234

Re: [Pharo-project] [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo1.0-10507-rc2dev10.01.2

Miguel Cobá
El vie, 22-01-2010 a las 15:32 +0100, Mariano Martinez Peck escribió:

> Hi folks.  This is 1.0 RC2. Please, look at this image in a nice way
> because it is very likely that if there is no big issue, it will be
> 1.0 official. We need to release 1.0.
>
> Issues fixed:  In addition to the fixes from the PharoCore, we have:
> 1033, 1182, 1826, 1862.
>
> Big changes:
>
> - Now we use OB from Lukas Renggli repository and we have ALL TESTS
> GREEN!!!     Thanks Lukas!
> - O2 loads again in the image without breaking OB. Read the workspace
> to see how to install it. Thanks David and Alexandre!
> - We have almost (only one failing here) ALL TESTS of the PharoDev
> image in green. They are more than 8800.
>
> Smaller changes:
>
> - Fixed the problem with Metacello and OCompletion. No more overrides.
> - System -> About now shows the real Pharo name, not the core. I am
> also being "compatible" with the new SystemVersion that we have in
> 1.1  :)   Thanks Michael and Miguel!
> - I didn't left again my proxy settings. I fixed this in my build
> scripts. It should be clean  :)
> - Mercury bar is back again. If you want to disable:  Preferences
> disable: #mercuryPanel.
> - Added a lot of cleanups after creating the image, including
> condensing .changes
> - Added Refactoring-Spelling again.   Thanks Stan!
> - I wrote a ConfigurationOfNile instead of Nile-All and depends on
> Monticello dependencies.
> - New welcome workspaces. Also getting started workspace and another
> workspace explaining how to load external packages like Seaside (2.8
> and 3), Magritte, Pier, Moose, GetTools, O2, etc. Finally it is also
> added a link to the new ProfStef :)

Don't forget Magma. There is a ConfigurationOfMagma already in
MetacelloRepository.

> Do you think that with this we are able to close issue1479 ?
> - Background with Pharo picture. This was a joke. It looked nice :)
> I promise I don't put it again if you don't like. To remove it
> evaluate:
> World color: Color white.
> - Enable the preference fastDragWindowForMorphic. Sorry, but it most
> computers this works REALLY slow. If you want them back, just disable
> it.

+1

I generally use:
Preferences enable: #fastDragWindowForMorphic.
Preferences disable: #windowAnimation.
Preferences enable: #updateSavesFile.
Preferences disable: #windowAnimation.

> - When installing Seaside now doesn't ask for user and password
> ( admin/seaside ). In addition, the Seaside Control Panel is only
> isntalled if OB is installed. This means that yu can install it in
> core or dev. Thanks Dale!
> - Disable of System Update for Dev images as it is not working
> properly.

Isn't working? In the image from your link, the preference is working
correctly.

> The link is:
> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/25397/Pharo1.0-10508-rc2dev10.01.2.zip
>
> Cheers
>
> Mariano

Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: [Pharo-project] [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo1.0-10507-rc2dev10.01.2

David Röthlisberger-2

>>     Gofer new
>>         squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>>         package:'ConfigurationOfO2';
>>     load.
>>
>>     ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfO2) project version: '1.0') load: 'Dev'
>

> That gives me an error:

ah, there was an error in the dev spec group, I fixed this.

Mariano, probably it's best when you copy the loading statement above in the workspace, so
that in the dev image, people get syntax highlighting and completion when loading O2.

David

Re: [Pharo-project] [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo1.0-10507-rc2dev10.01.2

Miguel Cobá
El vie, 22-01-2010 a las 16:10 +0100, Mariano Martinez Peck escribió:

Hey Mariano, good work. the 1.0 release is almost here.

I like the image, but as the others say centered and in a white
background or a blue like the one of the image.

Cheers

--
Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: [Pharo-project] [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo1.0-10507-rc2dev10.01.2

Mariano Martinez Peck

Don't forget Magma. There is a ConfigurationOfMagma already in
MetacelloRepository.

Yes...there are a lot of projects..I even didn't put SqueakDBX/GlorpDBX.  I guess that in a future we will have Loader to do this...

I don't know. Do you think we should also include Magma? I put the projects I though were most used.

> Do you think that with this we are able to close issue1479 ?
> - Background with Pharo picture. This was a joke. It looked nice :)
> I promise I don't put it again if you don't like. To remove it
> evaluate:
> World color: Color white.
> - Enable the preference fastDragWindowForMorphic. Sorry, but it most
> computers this works REALLY slow. If you want them back, just disable
> it.

+1

I generally use:
Preferences enable: #fastDragWindowForMorphic.
Preferences disable: #windowAnimation.
Preferences enable: #updateSavesFile.
Preferences disable: #windowAnimation.

Well....that's why they are called Preferences :)
I will check them and see if they make sense.
Thanks!!

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 5:52 PM, David Röthlisberger <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>     Gofer new
>>         squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>>         package:'ConfigurationOfO2';
>>     load.
>>
>>     ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfO2) project version: '1.0') load: 'Dev'
>

> That gives me an error:

ah, there was an error in the dev spec group, I fixed this.

Mariano, probably it's best when you copy the loading statement above in the workspace, so
that in the dev image, people get syntax highlighting and completion when loading O2.

Yes, I can perfectly do it. I just didn't realize it :(

The other possiblily is you put Dev as defult..maybe this make sense? What do you think? For me it is the same...

Cheers

Mariano

David

Re: [Pharo-project] [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo1.0-10507-rc2dev10.01.2

Simon Denier-3

On 22 janv. 2010, at 16:33, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi Mariano,
>
> Nice work.
>
> Moose loads and works as expected. I also loaded O2 without problems.

And the Moose tests run fine on a linux server.

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 22 Jan 2010, at 15:32, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>
>> Hi folks.  This is 1.0 RC2. Please, look at this image in a nice way
>> because it is very likely that if there is no big issue, it will be
>> 1.0 official. We need to release 1.0.
>>
>> Issues fixed:  In addition to the fixes from the PharoCore, we have:
>> 1033, 1182, 1826, 1862.
>>
>> Big changes:
>>
>> - Now we use OB from Lukas Renggli repository and we have ALL TESTS
>> GREEN!!!     Thanks Lukas!
>> - O2 loads again in the image without breaking OB. Read the
>> workspace to see how to install it. Thanks David and Alexandre!
>> - We have almost (only one failing here) ALL TESTS of the PharoDev
>> image in green. They are more than 8800.
>>
>> Smaller changes:
>>
>> - Fixed the problem with Metacello and OCompletion. No more overrides.
>> - System -> About now shows the real Pharo name, not the core. I am
>> also being "compatible" with the new SystemVersion that we have in
>> 1.1  :)   Thanks Michael and Miguel!
>> - I didn't left again my proxy settings. I fixed this in my build
>> scripts. It should be clean  :)
>> - Mercury bar is back again. If you want to disable:  Preferences
>> disable: #mercuryPanel.
>> - Added a lot of cleanups after creating the image, including
>> condensing .changes
>> - Added Refactoring-Spelling again.   Thanks Stan!
>> - I wrote a ConfigurationOfNile instead of Nile-All and depends on
>> Monticello dependencies.
>> - New welcome workspaces. Also getting started workspace and another
>> workspace explaining how to load external packages like Seaside (2.8
>> and 3), Magritte, Pier, Moose, GetTools, O2, etc. Finally it is also
>> added a link to the new ProfStef :)
>> Do you think that with this we are able to close issue1479 ?
>> - Background with Pharo picture. This was a joke. It looked
>> nice :)    I promise I don't put it again if you don't like. To
>> remove it evaluate:
>> World color: Color white.
>> - Enable the preference fastDragWindowForMorphic. Sorry, but it most
>> computers this works REALLY slow. If you want them back, just
>> disable it.
>> - When installing Seaside now doesn't ask for user and password
>> ( admin/seaside ). In addition, the Seaside Control Panel is only
>> isntalled if OB is installed. This means that yu can install it in
>> core or dev. Thanks Dale!
>> - Disable of System Update for Dev images as it is not working
>> properly.
>>

>> The link is:  https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/25397/Pharo1.0-10508-rc2dev10.01.2.zip
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Mariano

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

 Simon

2010/1/22 Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez <[hidden email]>
El vie, 22-01-2010 a las 16:10 +0100, Mariano Martinez Peck escribió:

Hey Mariano, good work. the 1.0 release is almost here.

I like the image, but as the others say centered and in a white
background or a blue like the one of the image.

If you really like the idea of having a nice background like this, we will someone can take care about it. I know nothing. Just did a Proof of concept :)

Does someone want to take care of this please?

Cheers

--
Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: [Pharo-project] [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo1.0-10507-rc2dev10.01.2

Mariano Martinez Peck

I generally use:
Preferences enable: #fastDragWindowForMorphic.
Preferences disable: #windowAnimation.

ok...this two are ok in the dev image. Aren't they ?

Preferences enable: #updateSavesFile.

I am not sure what it does. But anyway, we remove the update from the dev image...so, this still make sense?

What does it saves ?  which kind of file is it ? a mcz ?

El vie, 22-01-2010 a las 18:13 +0100, Mariano Martinez Peck escribió:

>         I generally use:
>         Preferences enable: #fastDragWindowForMorphic.
>         Preferences disable: #windowAnimation.
>
> ok...this two are ok in the dev image. Aren't they ?
>
>         Preferences enable: #updateSavesFile.
>
> I am not sure what it does. But anyway, we remove the update from the
> dev image...so, this still make sense?
>
> What does it saves ?  which kind of file is it ? a mcz ?

Yes it saves the files of the update stream and as you correctly state,
it is not needed because the updat eoption is disable. :)

>         Preferences disable: #windowAnimation.
>

>         > - When installing Seaside now doesn't ask for user and
>         password
>         > ( admin/seaside ). In addition, the Seaside Control Panel is
>         only
>         > isntalled if OB is installed. This means that yu can install
>         it in
>         > core or dev. Thanks Dale!
>         > - Disable of System Update for Dev images as it is not
>         working
>         > properly.
>

>         Isn't working? In the image from your link, the preference is
>         working
>         correctly.
>
>         >
>         >
>         > The link is:
>         >
>         https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/25397/Pharo1.0-10508-rc2dev10.01.2.zip
>         >
>         > Cheers
>         >
>         > Mariano
>         >
>         >
>
>         > _______________________________________________
>         > Pharo-project mailing list
>         > [hidden email]
>         >
>         http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pharo-project
>

>         --
>         Miguel Cobá
>         http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: [Pharo-project] [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo1.0-10507-rc2dev10.01.2

Mariano Martinez Peck

2010/1/22 Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez <[hidden email]>
El vie, 22-01-2010 a las 18:13 +0100, Mariano Martinez Peck escribió:

>         I generally use:
>         Preferences enable: #fastDragWindowForMorphic.
>         Preferences disable: #windowAnimation.
>
> ok...this two are ok in the dev image. Aren't they ?
>
>         Preferences enable: #updateSavesFile.
>
> I am not sure what it does. But anyway, we remove the update from the
> dev image...so, this still make sense?
>
> What does it saves ?  which kind of file is it ? a mcz ?

Yes it saves the files of the update stream and as you correctly state,
it is not needed because the updat eoption is disable. :)

:)  Sol...in summary, you agree with the default preferences!

>         Preferences disable: #windowAnimation.
>

>         > - When installing Seaside now doesn't ask for user and
>         password
>         > ( admin/seaside ). In addition, the Seaside Control Panel is
>         only
>         > isntalled if OB is installed. This means that yu can install
>         it in
>         > core or dev. Thanks Dale!
>         > - Disable of System Update for Dev images as it is not
>         working
>         > properly.
>

>         Isn't working? In the image from your link, the preference is
>         working
>         correctly.
>
>         >
>         >
>         > The link is:
>         >
>         https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/25397/Pharo1.0-10508-rc2dev10.01.2.zip
>         >
>         > Cheers
>         >
>         > Mariano
>         >
>         >
>
>         > _______________________________________________
>         > Pharo-project mailing list
>         > [hidden email]
>         >
>         http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pharo-project
>

>         --
>         Miguel Cobá
>         http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: [Pharo-project] [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo1.0-10507-rc2dev10.01.2

Schwab,Wilhelm K
We do not need new tools to take several lines and lots of irrelevant/redundant sugar down to one line with two relevant items.  Please consider adding something like the attached to *anything* that is in the image; then load scripts will be far simpler than we are encouraging at present.

Bill

Re: [Pharo-project] [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo1.0-10507-rc2dev10.01.2

don't put magma
there was a list of tools that we wanted in the dev image.

The dev image should be convenient for coding after people should load what they want.

El vie, 22-01-2010 a las 22:14 +0100, Stéphane Ducasse escribió:
> don't put magma
> there was a list of tools that we wanted in the dev image.

Not loaded in the image, but only the snippet to load it in the welcome
workspace. As an example of the packages available to load. :)

Cheers

> The dev image should be convenient for coding after people should load what they want.
>

> On Jan 22, 2010, at 5:58 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>

> > Don't forget Magma. There is a ConfigurationOfMagma already in
> > MetacelloRepository.
> >

> > Yes...there are a lot of projects..I even didn't put SqueakDBX/GlorpDBX.  I guess that in a future we will have Loader to do this...
> >
> > I don't know. Do you think we should also include Magma? I put the projects I though were most used.
> >

> > > Do you think that with this we are able to close issue1479 ?
> > > - Background with Pharo picture. This was a joke. It looked nice :)
> > > I promise I don't put it again if you don't like. To remove it
> > > evaluate:
> > > World color: Color white.
> > > - Enable the preference fastDragWindowForMorphic. Sorry, but it most
> > > computers this works REALLY slow. If you want them back, just disable
> > > it.
> >
> > +1
> >
> > I generally use:
> > Preferences enable: #fastDragWindowForMorphic.
> > Preferences disable: #windowAnimation.
> > Preferences enable: #updateSavesFile.
> > Preferences disable: #windowAnimation.
> >

> > Well....that's why they are called Preferences :)
> > I will check them and see if they make sense.
> > Thanks!!
> >

> > > - When installing Seaside now doesn't ask for user and password
> > > ( admin/seaside ). In addition, the Seaside Control Panel is only
> > > isntalled if OB is installed. This means that yu can install it in
> > > core or dev. Thanks Dale!
> > > - Disable of System Update for Dev images as it is not working
> > > properly.
> >
> > Isn't working? In the image from your link, the preference is working
> > correctly.
> >

> > > The link is:
> > > https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/25397/Pharo1.0-10508-rc2dev10.01.2.zip
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > >
> > > Mariano

> > --
> > Miguel Cobá
> > http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: [Pharo-project] [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo1.0-10507-rc2dev10.01.2

Ramiro Diaz Trepat-2
What about the NetNameResolver issues ?

Re: [Pharo-project] [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo1.0-10507-rc2dev10.01.2

Alexandre Bergel
Thanks Mariano for this image.
I like the background.

Am I the only one to prefer rounded windows instead of straight corners?

Cheers,
Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: [Pharo-project] [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo1.0-10507-rc2dev10.01.2

Miguel Cobá

> The link is:
> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/25397/Pharo1.0-10508-rc2dev10.01.2.zip

Just a minor thing. Shouldn't the name be:

Pharo-1.0-10508-rc2dev10.01.2.zip

in order to match the PharoCore name format:

PharoCore-1.0-10508-rc2.zip

Format:

(Pharo|PharoCore)-version-update-tag

Cheers

--
Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: [Pharo-project] [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo1.0-10507-rc2dev10.01.2

hi ramiro

this is not that we do not want to fix them :)
First we wan to finish/release 1.0
then after we need help for all kinds of things so that we can make time on the difficult
ones.

Stef

On Jan 23, 2010, at 3:36 AM, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> Thanks Mariano for this image.
> I like the background.
>
> Am I the only one to prefer rounded windows instead of straight corners?

= slower

2010/1/23 Ramiro Diaz Trepat <[hidden email]>
What about the NetNameResolver issues ?

I don't know, but are you aware of these:

Can you check if it is the same problem and update the issues as required ?

Cheers

Mariano