[BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo1.0-10507-rc2dev10.01.2

1234

Re: [Pharo-project] RBSpelling errors when class has Pool Dictionary - Re: [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo1.0-10507-rc2dev10.01.2

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 5:25 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I haven't such file :(

True, you are on a mac too :-)

Since two months, yes :)

Go to "Apple Mail" and type the word "Refactoring". It should be
highlighted with the spell-checker. Click on "Add to Dictionary". Then
the tests should pass.

No, sorry. I have to fix the tests. Wait.

hahahahha no problem. I am not hurry at all :)

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [Pharo-project] RBSpelling errors when class has Pool Dictionary - Re: [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo1.0-10507-rc2dev10.01.2

Lukas Renggli
>> Go to "Apple Mail" and type the word "Refactoring". It should be
>> highlighted with the spell-checker. Click on "Add to Dictionary". Then
>> the tests should pass.
>>
>> No, sorry. I have to fix the tests. Wait.
>
> hahahahha no problem. I am not hurry at all :)

I think I fixed it.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 10:24 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Go to "Apple Mail" and type the word "Refactoring". It should be
>> highlighted with the spell-checker. Click on "Add to Dictionary". Then
>> the tests should pass.
>>
>> No, sorry. I have to fix the tests. Wait.
>
> hahahahha no problem. I am not hurry at all :)

I think I fixed it.

Wiiiii :)    Only one expected failire!

351 run, 350 green :)

Thanks Lukas!!  Next Pharo image will use RB 1.2.

Cheers

Mariano

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [Pharo-project] RBSpelling errors when class has Pool Dictionary - Re: [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo1.0-10507-rc2dev10.01.2

Lukas Renggli
> Wiiiii :)    Only one expected failire!

Yeah, I don't know how to fix that one. And it probably won't be in
the near future. Maybe at some point somebody understands why it is
broken.

> Thanks Lukas!!  Next Pharo image will use RB 1.2.

RB 1.2 ?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [Pharo-project] [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo1.0-10507-rc2dev10.01.2

johnmci
Ok, I had spend a couple of hours with Michael Rueger  on the mac menu bug. But I'm not sure if he
got around to sending out any changes before he took some time off.

If someone can test this I can offer up some change sets for review. I've never been able to recreate this
here so someone else has to try.

On 2010-01-24, at 12:05 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Michael
>
> We have 1.0 (on final release cycle) and 1.1-unstable and for both we have core and dev images.
>
> 1.0 is on release period for too long now mainly because of a vicious bug due to mac menu
> that duplicated events.

John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>   Twitter:  squeaker68882

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 11:43 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Wiiiii :)    Only one expected failire!

Yeah, I don't know how to fix that one. And it probably won't be in
the near future. Maybe at some point somebody understands why it is
broken.

> Thanks Lukas!!  Next Pharo image will use RB 1.2.

RB 1.2 ?

hahahahha  sorry. I meant the 1.2 version of the ConfigurationOfRefactoringBrowser :)

Lukas

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 2:38 AM, John M McIntosh <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ok, I had spend a couple of hours with Michael Rueger  on the mac menu bug. But I'm not sure if he
got around to sending out any changes before he took some time off.

If someone can test this I can offer up some change sets for review. I've never been able to recreate this
here so someone else has to try.

Cool. If you send me changesets I can test it.

On 2010-01-24, at 12:05 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Michael
>
> We have 1.0 (on final release cycle) and 1.1-unstable and for both we have core and dev images.
>
> 1.0 is on release period for too long now mainly because of a vicious bug due to mac menu
> that duplicated events.

John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>   Twitter:  squeaker68882

Re: [Pharo-project] [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo1.0-10507-rc2dev10.01.2

> Ok, I had spend a couple of hours with Michael Rueger  on the mac menu bug. But I'm not sure if he
> got around to sending out any changes before he took some time off.
>
> If someone can test this I can offer up some change sets for review. I've never been able to recreate this
> here so someone else has to try.

please send.
We removed the mac menu for 1.0 but we would like to have it in 1.1

Re: [Pharo-project] RBSpelling errors when class has Pool Dictionary - Re: [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo1.0-10507-rc2dev10.01.2

Stan Shepherd
Lukas Renggli wrote
'rong' is in the dictionary as a correct word thus it is correct. ...
OK, when I use a different misspelling those tests pass.
> 'IT' 'OK and 'don't' are all flagged - don't is not flagged. Is this your
> preferred behaviour?

They are all not flagged on my machine. Neither with the internal nor
with the mac spelling.
Still flagged here. Seem to be extra ' characters in the check strings.
See search strings screen print on Flickr
...Stan

Re: [Pharo-project] RBSpelling errors when class has Pool Dictionary - Re: [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo1.0-10507-rc2dev10.01.2

Lukas Renggli
>> They are all not flagged on my machine. Neither with the internal nor
>> with the mac spelling.
>>
> Still flagged here. Seem to be extra ' characters in the check strings.
> See  http://www.flickr.com/photos/8185994@N03/4303501422/sizes/o/ search
> strings screen print on Flickr

The words you show are simply not in the dictionary:

- These words I don't know, but I am not a native speaker:

   ftmch
   drepehs

- The implementation excepts to have natural language in comments, not
code. Thus this is not split:

 goodVariable

- I don't know about apostrophes at the end of the word. Should they be removed?

   methods''
   don't'
   RB'
   IT'
   OK'

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [Pharo-project] RBSpelling errors when class has Pool Dictionary - Re: [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo1.0-10507-rc2dev10.01.2

Stan Shepherd
Lukas Renggli wrote
The words you show are simply not in the dictionary:

- These words I don't know, but I am not a native speaker:

   ftmch
   drepehs
Intentional misspellings, which are correctly flagged (first was a character on the BBC show 'The Young Ones, second is my surname backwards    :)   )
Lukas Renggli wrote
- The implementation excepts to have natural language in comments, not
code. Thus this is not split:

 goodVariable
OK. I put those in the class comments because the browser creates the comment for you by default, like:
A RBLiteralValuesSpellingRule is xxxxxxxxx.

Instance Variables
        matcher:

matcher
        - xxxxx
So it is your call whether you want class comments to be able to have the variable names in.

- I don't know about apostrophes at the end of the word. Should they be removed?

   methods''
   don't'
   RB'
   IT'
   OK'
Again, your call as to whether you want people to be able to use in class comments something like:

To test, enter into a workspace:
'This is what you need to type'

or,

The valid entries are: 'yes', 'no','maybe'

There is the edge case of possessive plural apostrophes like:

The methods' categories

which is grammatically correct but most people can probably live without.

Stan

Re: [Pharo-project] RBSpelling errors when class has Pool Dictionary - Re: [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo1.0-10507-rc2dev10.01.2

Lukas Renggli
> OK. I put those in the class comments because the browser creates the
> comment for you by default, like:
> A RBLiteralValuesSpellingRule is xxxxxxxxx.
>
> Instance Variables
>        matcher:
>
> matcher
>        - xxxxx
> So it is your call whether you want class comments to be able to have the
> variable names in.

Ahh true, I just never used that kind of class comment. But in this
case we should probably do a camel case normalization for the class
comment too. Thanks for pointing out.

>> - I don't know about apostrophes at the end of the word. Should they be
>> removed?
>>
>>    methods''
>>    don't'
>>    RB'
>>    IT'
>>    OK'
>>

> Again, your call as to whether you want people to be able to use in class
> comments something like:
>
> To test, enter into a workspace:
> 'This is what you need to type'
>
> or,
>
> The valid entries are: 'yes', 'no','maybe'
>
> There is the edge case of possessive plural apostrophes like:
>
> The methods' categories
>
> which is grammatically correct but most people can probably live without.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I am convinced that they need to be trimmed.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch