Call For Design for the Seaside web site

123

Call For Design for the Seaside web site

stephane ducasse
I thought that it was worth to make a separate email.
Else we can open a subscription to gather money and pay a webdesigner...

> So I ask again: Could anybody propose a nice design (I only need
> the image, I can do the CSS
> myself) or should we try to start collecting money to pay a graphic
> designer? If nothing happens, seaside.st will simply not change ...
>
> Cheers,
> Lukas

Re: Call For Design for the Seaside web site

garduino
I've pointed recently responding to Lukas mail a site with several
good designs that can be used with a legitimate license:
http://www.oswd.org/designs/browse/

May be an option.

2007/2/25, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]>:

> I thought that it was worth to make a separate email.
> Else we can open a subscription to gather money and pay a webdesigner...
>

> > So I ask again: Could anybody propose a nice design (I only need
> > the image, I can do the CSS
> > myself) or should we try to start collecting money to pay a graphic
> > designer? If nothing happens, seaside.st will simply not change ...
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Lukas

Germán S. Arduino
http://www.arsol.biz
http://www.arsol.net

Re: Call For Design for the Seaside web site

Samuel MORELLO
Hello,

I will try to do something.
Does the structure of the site will stay the same or do you want to add new informations or else ?
Where can i send proposals ?

Thanks by advance,

Samuel

On 2/25/07, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
I thought that it was worth to make a separate email.
Else we can open a subscription to gather money and pay a webdesigner...

> So I ask again: Could anybody propose a nice design (I only need
> the image, I can do the CSS
> myself) or should we try to start collecting money to pay a graphic
> designer? If nothing happens, seaside.st will simply not change ...
>
> Cheers,
> Lukas

Samuel

Re: Call For Design for the Seaside web site

Hans N Beck-2

what should the new design express ? What should it communicate ?

cool style, elegant style, simple style, techniqual style .......

Regards

Hans

Am 25.02.2007 um 12:54 schrieb stephane ducasse:

> I thought that it was worth to make a separate email.
> Else we can open a subscription to gather money and pay a
> webdesigner...
>

>> So I ask again: Could anybody propose a nice design (I only need
>> the image, I can do the CSS
>> myself) or should we try to start collecting money to pay a graphic
>> designer? If nothing happens, seaside.st will simply not change ...
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Lukas

Re: Call For Design for the Seaside web site

Lukas Renggli
> what should the new design express ? What should it communicate ?

Web 2.0

> cool style, elegant style, simple style, techniqual style .......

All ;-)

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Call For Design for the Seaside web site

Lukas Renggli
> I will try to do something.
> Does the structure of the site will stay the same or do you want to add new
> informations or else ?
> Where can i send proposals ?

Great, send them to me, since I will migrate to the new site. Before I
do the transformation we can do a voting if we have multiple
proposals.

The structure won't be exactly the same, with Pier we have more
possibilities. I think that we will use the following components:

Seaside
Page Title
Top Level Navigation | ... | ...
Sub Level Navigation (can be empty, I guess we don't need deeper
navigation than 2 levels)
Command List (Login, Edit, ...)
Search Field

I have something in mind along: www.ruby-lang.org

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

RE: Call For Design for the Seaside web site

Sebastian Sastre-2
More that the art features, that certainly gives a touch of good taste, I
think that the Ruby's site features:

        "Try Ruby! (in your browser)",
        "Ruby in Twenty Minutes" and
        "Ruby from other languages"

        are a lesson of marketing

        cheers,

Sebastian Sastre

Patty Gadegast
I would really like to help you out, at least with a design (and
usability) proposal, but at the moment I am quite busy with my
masters project and I lack of experience in implementing this, too.
At least it would take some time. I offer you to help to evaluate the
design, but not to develop it now... I am sorry.

Patty

Am 26.02.2007 um 09:59 schrieb Hans N Beck:

> Hi,
>
> what should the new design express ? What should it communicate ?
>
> cool style, elegant style, simple style, techniqual style .......
>
> Regards
>
> Hans
>
> Am 25.02.2007 um 12:54 schrieb stephane ducasse:
>
>> I thought that it was worth to make a separate email.
>> Else we can open a subscription to gather money and pay a
>> webdesigner...
>>

>>> So I ask again: Could anybody propose a nice design (I only need
>>> the image, I can do the CSS
>>> myself) or should we try to start collecting money to pay a graphic
>>> designer? If nothing happens, seaside.st will simply not change ...
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Lukas

Re: Call For Design for the Seaside web site

Lukas Renggli
> I would really like to help you out, at least with a design (and
> usability) proposal, but at the moment I am quite busy with my
> masters project and I lack of experience in implementing this, too.
> At least it would take some time. I offer you to help to evaluate the
> design, but not to develop it now... I am sorry.

Great, thanks for your offer.

As already mentioned, I only need the screenshot of the design
(preferably a layered GIMP/Photoshop file) where I can build the CSS
from. The HTML is sort of given. Of course something like "lessions
from marketing" can be put there as well, as any Seaside component can
be basically included to enhance the functionality.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Call For Design for the Seaside web site

Philippe Marschall
Hi

For comparison the websites of some python based web frameworks:
http://pylonshq.com/
http://www.djangoproject.com/
http://www.turbogears.org/

Philippe

http://jquery.com/

2007/3/10, Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]>:

> Hi
>
> For comparison the websites of some python based web frameworks:
> http://pylonshq.com/
> http://www.djangoproject.com/
> http://www.turbogears.org/
>
> Philippe
>
> 2007/2/25, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]>:
> > I thought that it was worth to make a separate email.
> > Else we can open a subscription to gather money and pay a webdesigner...
> >

> > > So I ask again: Could anybody propose a nice design (I only need
> > > the image, I can do the CSS
> > > myself) or should we try to start collecting money to pay a graphic
> > > designer? If nothing happens, seaside.st will simply not change ...
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Lukas

Re: Call For Design for the Seaside web site

Samuel MORELLO
Dear all,

As i purpose last time, i have made a proposal for the design of the
seaside site.
You can find it here: http://seaside.ouvanous.com

As it is an image for now, and the "final" result will be centered.

I took inspiration on site like philippe and lukas talked about.

This is a proposal for the homepage only.
You have four columns to present seaside aspects.
For an interior page, the first 3 columns will be merged to create a
bigger one.

Should you have any comment or idea, feel free to send it.

Regards,

Samuel

Le 10 mars 07 à 13:38, Philippe Marschall a écrit :

> http://jquery.com/
>
> 2007/3/10, Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi
>>
>> For comparison the websites of some python based web frameworks:
>> http://pylonshq.com/
>> http://www.djangoproject.com/
>> http://www.turbogears.org/
>>
>> Philippe
>>
>> 2007/2/25, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]>:
>> > I thought that it was worth to make a separate email.
>> > Else we can open a subscription to gather money and pay a
>> webdesigner...

>> graphic
>> change ...

RE: Call For Design for the Seaside web site

Sebastian Sastre-2
Dear Samuel,

        personally I found the strong fonts beign in too much soda-like
trademark style.

        I think is a chance to print some serius but fresh style in the
Seaside "trademark" perhaps moderating colors to give a less sportive
fashion.

        Take a look at this option:
http://tts-juno2.the-template-shop.com/?jos_change_template=tts-junoblue&Ite
mid=1 is not expensive and do not require maintenance only admin the
contents.

        Adittionally joomla provides us of an out of the box FAQ, blog and
search facilities and web content admin interface.

        my 2 cents,

Sebastian Sastre

Smalltalk :)

Could you use the seaside logo to see how it would fit?

Else this is cool

Stef

>>> http://www.djangoproject.com/
>>> http://www.turbogears.org/
>>>
>>> Philippe

>>> webdesigner...

>>> graphic
>>> change ...

Re: Call For Design for the Seaside web site

Lukas Renggli
> Could you use the seaside logo to see how it would fit?

Maybe you could put a tiny white seastar as the dot of the i in
Seaside? I think that would look quite nice. Most Web 2.0 logos are
the product name in bold fonts, mostly with a subtle tweak somewhere
... Sebastian, if you want I can give you the vector shape.

No other people want to comment on the design? No other proposals? If
not, I will transform it to the new site as soon as possible ...

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Call For Design for the Seaside web site

Lukas Renggli
> > Could you use the seaside logo to see how it would fit?
>
> Maybe you could put a tiny white seastar as the dot of the i in
> Seaside? I think that would look quite nice. Most Web 2.0 logos are
> the product name in bold fonts, mostly with a subtle tweak somewhere
> ... Sebastian, if you want I can give you the vector shape.

I have something along the attached file in mind. It is a bit tricky
to do on the existing template bitmap, but I guess one can see how it
is supposed to look like.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Picture 1.png (21K) Download Attachment

Re: Call For Design for the Seaside web site

Blake-5
On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 00:01:39 -0800, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>> > Could you use the seaside logo to see how it would fit?
>>
>> Maybe you could put a tiny white seastar as the dot of the i in
>> Seaside? I think that would look quite nice. Most Web 2.0 logos are
>> the product name in bold fonts, mostly with a subtle tweak somewhere
>> ... Sebastian, if you want I can give you the vector shape.
>
> I have something along the attached file in mind. It is a bit tricky
> to do on the existing template bitmap, but I guess one can see how it
> is supposed to look like.
>
> Lukas

Heheheheh. It looks like "Seaside" brightens your whites and keeps your
colors from running, even in warm water!

Re: Call For Design for the Seaside web site

Jason Johnson-3
Haha.  That is exactly what I was thinking!

Blake wrote:

>>> Maybe you could put a tiny white seastar as the dot of the i in
>>> Seaside? I think that would look quite nice. Most Web 2.0 logos are
>>> the product name in bold fonts, mostly with a subtle tweak somewhere
>>> ... Sebastian, if you want I can give you the vector shape.
>>
>> I have something along the attached file in mind. It is a bit tricky
>> to do on the existing template bitmap, but I guess one can see how it
>> is supposed to look like.
>>
>> Lukas
>>

> Heheheheh. It looks like "Seaside" brightens your whites and keeps
> your colors from running, even in warm water!

Re: Call For Design for the Seaside web site

Daryl Richter-3
+1

--
Daryl
http://itsallsemantics.com

"2 + 2 = 5, for sufficiently large values of 2."
    -- Ron Jeffries

Re: Call For Design for the Seaside web site

Hans N Beck-2

what about a starfish which could be rotated as a menu chooser ? What about on the fly change of different coasts style (for different aspects?) Carribian coast  with fine sand, grey atlantic coast, cold nord sea etc.... All to demonstrate on-the-fly style change, a "living" Website. What about some light animated waves...... This all as a further development of the current style......

Regards

Hans