ConfigurationOfXyz MC Repository Group

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
I'm experiencing a small inconvenience, but I'm not sure from where to attack it...

Here's the scenario:
1. I load a ConfigurationOfXyz from a non-canonical repo e.g. MetaRepoForPharo40
2. I edit the config in Versionner
3. I try to commit it via Versionner, but the config is associated with MetaRepoForPharo40 only and the project's other packages are associated with the canonical repo only. Not finding a common location, Kommitter only lists the package cache as a commit location.

I'm thinking the config should be associated to both the repo from where it was loaded and also the projects main repo. Does that make sense? If so, where/when should that get done?
Cheers,
Sean

Re: ConfigurationOfXyz MC Repository Group

Dale Henrichs-3
Well Sean, this sounds like a tools issue ...

Metacello does not care where the ConfigurationOf came from. By design
the ConfigurationOf may be loaded from anywhere ...

Since the "home repo" of a project can change from version to version,
I'm not sure that a tool can always guess right as to the home repo of
the ConfigurationOf ...

With git/github repos on top of FileTree, the BaselineOf is always
loaded from the project repo, so this particular problem doesn't exist
when using BaselinOf ...

Dale