I18n in pharo

123

Re: I18n in pharo

Pavel Krivanek-3

Excellent Pavel. This is great.
So I do not get it. What is then not working?

The layout of the menu is wrong and everything needs to be proven with the newer versions of the dependent packages.

-- Pavel

Stef

On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 12:13 AM, Pavel Krivanek
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> A cleaner Pharo will help there.
>>
>> To be frank, I found later Pharo releases not inspiring. Bigger, bigger
>> and bigger with added code, protocol changes, and bugs at will. It is
>> becoming too complicated for a hobby use of it.
>>
>> I decided I will not finish porting DrGeo to P6 or P7, and it will likely
>> die with P3.
>

> To run DrGeo on Pharo 7 is not hard (see the screenshot) - of course it has
> some issues but they can be definitely solved. It would be pity to throw it
> away - at least you can benefit from 64-bit and faster VM.
>
> -- Pavel
>

>> Pharo should have been clean up to the bones before adding. It was the
>> initial moto, no?
>>

>> Le 10/11/2017 à 11:14, Marcus Denker a écrit :
>>>
>>> It would be nice if someone who uses it would take the lead
>>> so we can improve the default that is shipped with Pharo.
>>

>> --
>> Dr. Geo
>> http://drgeo.eu

Re: I18n in pharo

Stephane Ducasse-3
Indeed we should make sure that all the Inform:, Alert: can be
translated. Now I'm not convinced that we should use the old
SqueakTranslator.

On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 1:17 PM, Pavel Krivanek
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Excellent Pavel. This is great.
>> So I do not get it. What is then not working?
>

> The layout of the menu is wrong and everything needs to be proven with the
> newer versions of the dependent packages.
>
> -- Pavel
>

>> Stef

>> > To run DrGeo on Pharo 7 is not hard (see the screenshot) - of course it
>> > has
>> > some issues but they can be definitely solved. It would be pity to throw
>> > it
>> > away - at least you can benefit from 64-bit and faster VM.
>> >
>> > -- Pavel

Re: I18n in pharo

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2

Thanks Stef,

Spec/GT-Tools bridge by Johan Fabry is working well for me and is what has enabled Grafoscopio as, essentially, a notebook of embedded playgrounds inside a tree like document. I confident that the infrastructure will mature even more to allow more Spec+GT magic.

Soon I hope to share with the community more Grafoscopio books, which are my take on some Pharo powered books, particularly Agile Visualization.

Cheers,

Offray

On 12/11/17 07:06, Stephane Ducasse wrote:
Offray

Pavel and me have been working to clean and enhance Spec aspects. We are getting slowly but we will continue.
I want to support menu in a much better way (declarative).
Peter rewrote the Spec Interpreter and I hope that it will finish it, else we will have to do it because the code is "suboptimal".

Stef

On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 12:59 AM, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks for the diagram Aliaksei. It helps to understand the Pharo buildings blocks. Where Spec would be located there?

Cheers,

Offray

On 11/11/17 15:56, Aliaksei Syrel wrote:
Hi Hilaire,

About my perception on Pharo, from a distant POV, I see parallel/overlapping/contiguous layers like Morphic, Athens, Sparta, Bloc, Brick, Spec, GT,

Could you, please, explain in a bit more detail why do you think that Sparta, Bloc, Brick and GT are overlapping layers?

In attachment you can find a layered architecture diagram that explains how those technologies are stacked from our point of view :)
Inline images 1
Cheers,
Alex

On 11 November 2017 at 21:48, stephan <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 11-11-17 21:18, H. Hirzel wrote:
On 11/11/17, stephan <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 10-11-17 12:23, Cédrick Béler wrote:
Plus I have the impression Morphic mess is about to be solved.

There is still an awful lot of essential complexity in beautiful
graphics and typography that is not going away. Microsoft Word still
cannot layout a paragraph of text after 34 years of development

Can you point to an example of this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microtypography

Stephan

Re: I18n in pharo