Info on Smalltalk DSLs or Metaprogramming...

1 ... 5678910

Re: Thoughts from an outsider

keith1y
J J wrote:

> This cancerous, destructive idea of "self documenting code" is a big
> barrior to people
> new to the language, and I would be willing to bet that is the main
> reason it isn't taking
> off faster.
+100

> I can tell you I have done various projects in various languages to
> get a feel for it, and
> never before have I felt like I could do so much so fast, and yet not
> been able to do
> very much at all.  Why?  Because the state of documentation right now
> is almost
> impenetrable.  Anything I do, I feel like it is probably already there
> in some system
> that I don't know about and have no way to find out about.
>
> The main documentation right now, as far as I can tell, seems to be
> the mailing list.
>
> "self documenting code" as a source of documentation is simply not
> valid.  I am pretty
> surprised that such an obvious statement has so much resistance.
>
> If source code is the documentation then the bar for becomming
> productive in the
> language is the amount of time it takes you to absorb the entire
> Smalltalk class heirarchy
> from the browser.  And if you download a new system, then you have to
> read through
> every line of source code from that system.  And that isn't enough,
> simply reading the
> code isn't enough.  You have to wrap your brain around *why* it does
> what it does.
> Otherwise any change you do is probably not going to be helpful.
Any system that has not been documented may as well have not been
written at all, and I said that on the seaside list years ago.

I myself looked at seaside right from the beginning and was never able
to get my head around it. Actually it is not that difficult, but because
of lack of documentation, I lost 2 years of possible using seaside. And
on numerous occasions I have dropped using squeak for exactly the same
reason. I might have spent 5 more years in the squeak camp if there were
any documentation for morphic, but as yet I still cant get anything
basic working to the standard that I would like.

Keith

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html

Re: Thoughts from an outsider

stéphane ducasse-2

> I myself looked at seaside right from the beginning and was never
> able to get my head around it. Actually it is not that difficult,
> but because of lack of documentation, I lost 2 years of possible
> using seaside. And on numerous occasions I have dropped using
> squeak for exactly the same reason. I might have spent 5 more years
> in the squeak camp if there were any documentation for morphic, but
> as yet I still cant get anything basic working to the standard that
> I would like.

But you can also help writing class comments or writing tests on what
you learn.
There is no magic and "you should write documentation" it does not work.
I would love to have better documentation for Squeak but

Re: Thoughts from an outsider

tblanchard

On Aug 31, 2006, at 3:10 AM, Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> Rich Warren puso en su mail :
>
>>  I like my mac. I like my mac apps.
>
>> I wish Smalltalk could be
>> part of that environment.
>
> For Mac exist F-Script, if you still don't have, go for it.
> And you could have some more Smalltalk way to deal with the system.
>
> For Squeak, you could program for having any look and function as
> you wish.
>
> Jim Benson do his Zurgle a long time ago....maybe is time someone
> look at
> his job and resurrect ?

There is also the Objective-C bridge.

-Todd Blanchard

Re: Thoughts from an outsider

timrowledge

On 4-Sep-06, at 10:44 PM, Rich Warren wrote:

> Just to bring this full circle. Now that I've been using Squeak for
> a while, I've grown used to it's UI. I find that using QuickSilver,
> I can still pop out of a full-screen Squeak session with just a few
> keystrokes,
I don't understand why you would choose to use Squeak fullscreen if
you want to feel connected with your OS; it seems like a strategy
almost guaranteed to make the worst of squeaks' use of a single
window. I don't think I've used fullscreen form since 1989 - and
before then it was simply impossible to do otherwise because my OS
simply didn't have other windows!

tim
For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.

RE: Thoughts from an outsider

Ramon Leon-5
> This cancerous, destructive idea of "self documenting code"
> is a big barrior to people new to the language, and I would
> be willing to bet that is the main reason it isn't taking off faster.

Dude, seriously, chill with the negative language, it isn't cancerous, stop
insulting the other side.  You can ask for more docs without being
insulting.

> I can tell you I have done various projects in various
> languages to get a feel for it, and never before have I felt
> like I could do so much so fast, and yet not been able to do
> very much at all.  Why?  Because the state of documentation
> right now is almost impenetrable.  Anything I do, I feel like
> it is probably already there in some system that I don't know
> about and have no way to find out about.

OK, I get it, you aren't comfortable with Smalltalk as a self documenting
system.  There are other places to get info, try the Swiki
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/Squeak, or any of the various mailing lists.

> The main documentation right now, as far as I can tell, seems
> to be the mailing list.
>
> "self documenting code" as a source of documentation is
> simply not valid.  I am pretty surprised that such an obvious
> statement has so much resistance.

It is valid, you just don't like it, or don't get it.  OK, just because it
doesn't work well for you doesn't mean it doesn't work well for others.  As
far as I'm concerned Squeak is the best documented system I've ever seen,
because I read the Class Name, methods names, browse example code, read the
unit tests, ask a question or two on a mailing list if I'm stuck, and away I
go.  I find it far easier to learn how to do something new in squeak than in
say .Net, or Ruby, where I don't have easy access to the code directly from
the development environment.

> If source code is the documentation then the bar for
> becomming productive in the language is the amount of time it
> takes you to absorb the entire Smalltalk class heirarchy from
> the browser.  And if you download a new system, then you have
> to read through every line of source code from that system.
> And that isn't enough, simply reading the code isn't enough.
> You have to wrap your brain around *why* it does what it does.
> Otherwise any change you do is probably not going to be helpful.

Yes, you have to grasp the basics of the Smalltalk class hierarchy, once,
but once you get it, you'll get very productive very fast.  It's not like
you have to do this for each program.

> As an example, I downloaded 3.8 from the web site and started
> trying to run a cool 3d example I saw on one of the
> tutorials.  Everything worked fine until I tried to bring up
> a viewer for my fish so I can make it move and stuff.  It
> brought up a debugger because the "costume" message wasn't understood.
>
> I took your advice and went all around trying to understand
> the code.  In the end it looks like maybe the
> "WonderlandActor" class might have been a subclass of Morph
> at some point and isn't anymore.  Maybe it changed to a
> composite patern.  So I tried to see if there was a reference
> to something I could forward the message too.  But I didn't
> see any morph's in his instance variables, so at this point what?
>
> All I can do is post a message on a mailing list.  I don't
> know who changed what or why, I don't know how it was suppost
> to work and I have no clue where I would look for some kind
> of documentation.

Yes, this happens, but documentation won't help this, this is more likely
you bumping into a bug, all this code is so Alpha this happens all the time.
Yes it's frustrating, but this is the kind of thing the mailing lists are
for.  Buggy code isn't exactly newbie friendly, I do sympathize.

> I spent at least an hour tracking through this and came up
> empty handed.
> That is bad
> enough for playing around, but in business that would mean
> not using what ever component it was and writing our own from
> scratch.  And if we have to write everything from scrath then
> we are not getting the efficiency from the language.

In business, I doubt you'd be using Morphic, Morphic is an experimental
system, hardly anything I'd be writing biz apps with.  Squeak's main use for
biz system's, I'd think, would be web apps, where Seaside is useful.  For
desktop apps, Squeak isn't what you need, Visual Works or Dolphin would be
more appropriate.

> Smalltalk has some good momentum right now because of what
> various folks
> have done with
> Seaside and the subsystems based on it (Pier and co.).  But
> momentum doesn't
> mean anything
> unless you can sucessfully turn it into something else before
> you lose it.
>
> All the other languages will steal everything you have.

Great, as Ruby has shown, stealing from Smalltalk works, and makes
everyone's life easier, and brings more interest to the Smalltalk community.
I'm not worried about Smalltalk's future, it looks quite solid to me, it was
good enough to hook me in a very short time, I'm sure it'll be the same for
many others.

> Anything good,
> revolutionary, etc. will
> be recreated in those languages and then they don't feel the need for
> Smalltalk anymore.  It
> happened with Steve Jobs in the beginning, it happened with
> Java when it
> started and it will
> happen with Seaside eventually.
>
> And I am not just throwing out insults, I intend to help fix
> the problem.
> But first the problem
> must be identified and acknowledged (no one will work to fix
> something they
> feel is not broken),
> then possible solutions have to be explored.

Great, I'd rather see people contributing, you don't need to convince
everyone that something is broke, you simply need to get like minded people
to help your cause.  You could probably do this better by not using negative
language (cancer, lying, fooling ourselves) and insulting those who
disagree.

RE: Info on Smalltalk DSLs or Metaprogramming...

Ramon Leon-5
> The original example I gave didn't use any setters--not in
> the conventional sense. For example, body() could simply call
> toString() on anything passed in, concatenating the string
> from multiple arguments. It could then append "<body>" to the
> front and "</body>"
> to the end. Then it would append the whole string to the
> current document.

I was talking about attributes to the tag, ie..

To be able to set attributes on tags, you need setters that return self and
you need functions that return tag objects

html(body(h1("Hello")).style("bla").class("Bla"))

html(body(h1("Hello")).style("bla"))

> On the other hand, interpreted DSL and non-interpreted code
> is not a continuum. There is a clear line between the two
> cases. Something is either designed to interpret external
> strings, or it isn't. There's no ambiguity.
> Secondly, interpreted DSLs require different techniques than
> bottom- up DSLs. As far as I know, C, C++ and Java cannot
> natively evaluate arbitrary strings the way Ruby and
> Smalltalk can. In those languages, you cannot even write code
> to interpret external strings without building a parser of
> some sort (thus creating an external DSL). Even in Smalltalk
> and Ruby, evaluating strings requires (at minimum) an
> additional method call. More importantly, you have to decide
> what context you are evaluating the string in.
>
> There are also other decisions that need to be made when
> building an interpreting DS that don't have to be made (or
> cannot be made) when simply building a bottom-up DSL. For
> example, how do you handle EOL symbols? Most Ruby DSLs
> interpret a line at a time, treating each line as a separate
> command. On the other hand, you could interpret the whole
> text as a chunk and treat EOLs just like any other white space.
>
> As you can see, even if you're just repurposing the host
> language, building an interpreting DSL  requires an
> additional layer of tricks, tips and techniques that are not
> required for bottom-up DSLs.
>
> Finally, there's the underlying reason behind why you're
> using the technique. Bottom-up DSLs are simply a tool for
> developers.
> Interpreting DSLS can also simplify the development task for
> developers; however, they also give end-users tools to change
> the application's behavior after it has been deployed. So,
> interpreted DSLs can solve a much broader range of problems
> than bottom-up DSLs.
>
> All of this (unambiguous meaning, clearly different set of
> techniques, and broader range of intentions) are reasons why
> I prefer to limit the term DSL to interpreted DSLs. To my
> mind, there seems to be obvious ambiguity between what is a
> bottom-up DSL and what isn't (as exemplified by the "every
> significantly complex..." quote).
> Bottom-up DSLs don't require any specialized
> techniques--you're simply creating useful methods, classes
> and operators. And Bottom-up DSLS are simply another type of
> source code--they don't add any additional value outside
> development (here I'm including maintenance and
> testing--basically everything that's done in-house).
>
> Bottom line is, my definition would make DSLs more obviously
> different from other, more mundane programming techniques.
>
> -Rich-

I understand you reasoning, I appreciate the discussion, it's always good to
see how others think, I just don't agree on your redefinition of the word,
and will have to invoke Laynes Law.

I don't see much further to discuss, you want to call a language a DSL.  We
disagree on fundamental definitions.  You want DSL to hinge on
interpretation or not, it's not a position I can agree with.  IMHO, you
should drop the DS, and just call what you're talking about a language.
Yes, likely a domain specific language, but I'm simply not going to agree on
making everything that's not interpreted "not" a DSL.  Then entire Lisp and
Smalltalk community have been calling their style of programming building
DSL's for far too long to suddenly change the definition and exclude them
because you feel it's too ambiguous.

I did enjoy the discussion, I just don't see where it can go from here.

- Ramon Leon

RE: Thoughts from an outsider

J J-6
>From: "Ramon Leon" <[hidden email]>
>To: "'The general-purpose Squeak developers
>list'"<[hidden email]>
>Subject: RE: Thoughts from an outsider
>Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 09:27:48 -0700
>
>Great, I'd rather see people contributing, you don't need to convince
>everyone that something is broke, you simply need to get like minded people
>to help your cause.  You could probably do this better by not using
>negative
>language (cancer, lying, fooling ourselves) and insulting those who
>disagree.

I have been insulting false ideas, not people.  It seems to me that you have
been
the one bringing out the "well Im sure it's not friendly to newbies", and
"you just dont
get it".

Anyway, this is a pointless discussion.  I appologize to the list for
carrying it on so long.

Source code in smalltalk, just as in the free software world does document
exactly what
is happening.  But that is all.  It is certainly not what the vast majority
of developers and
users are looking for when they want documentation.

RE: Thoughts from an outsider

Ramon Leon-5
> Anyway, this is a pointless discussion.  I apologize to the
> list for carrying it on so long.

Agreed, ditto.

Re: Documentation project (was: Thoughts from an outsider)

J J-6
>From: stéphane ducasse <[hidden email]>
>To: The general-purpose Squeak developers
>list<[hidden email]>
>Subject: Re: Thoughts from an outsider
>Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 16:25:26 +0200
>

>>I myself looked at seaside right from the beginning and was never  able to
>>get my head around it. Actually it is not that difficult,  but because of
>>lack of documentation, I lost 2 years of possible  using seaside. And on
>>numerous occasions I have dropped using  squeak for exactly the same
>>reason. I might have spent 5 more years  in the squeak camp if there were
>>any documentation for morphic, but  as yet I still cant get anything basic
>>working to the standard that  I would like.
>
>But you can also help writing class comments or writing tests on what  you
>learn.
>There is no magic and "you should write documentation" it does not work.
>I would love to have better documentation for Squeak but

Well, I was wondering if you guys had any kind of documentation team or
project, but I guess if there was someone would have spoken up by now.

So is anyone interested in starting such a team?  I will contribute what I
can
in my spare time.  I know no one *wants* to write documentation, but it will
be a good way to learn the systems.

So what we will need will is:
1) A main web site to host it on (can we use squeak.org for this?  how does
one get started
         adding documentation there?)
2) Some kind of reference manaul like this:
http://caml.inria.fr/pub/docs/manual-ocaml/index.html
       (does something close exist already?  I have been through many
'getting started guide's
       but most actually said 'not complete' before you got into the more
compliated subjects
       like meta programming and meta classes)
3) A list of projects to document.  I don't even know what is out there that
people need to
       get work done.  It seems to be so all over the place at the moment.
4) We are going to need some people that just sit on the various mailing
lists and sumarize
       what is going on.  If I am writing the documentation on Pier or
Seaside, those things are
       moving targets.  If I try to sit on the list and make changes for
every announcement I
       wont ever release anything.  So we need a person or persons to sit on
the list and provide
       me or who ever is doing the documentation with a weekly or monthly,
or whatever works,
       summary of what changes have happened so we can control it more.

And maybe someone else can think of more things.  As a first cut I don't
want to try to make
UML diagrams or anything like that.  Just getting some nice reference
manuals out there in a
central place that new people can find it will be a good first cut.

Re: Documentation project (was: Thoughts from an outsider)

Edgar J. De Cleene
See what Simon have on http://joyful.com/JoyfulSystems.

Also exists http://www.xs4all.nl/~maartens/ , look for Squeak

The principal site, something unorganized , is
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/

Also exists a great number of specialized sites with his own "community"

When you have "Squeak for dummies" or "Learn Squeak in ten days" book what
lets you meet the beautiful ladies Fame and Fortune, send notice to this
list. :=)

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!
http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas

Re: Documentation project (was: Thoughts from an outsider)

J J-6
I relize there is a possibility to write a book on all this and maybe get
rich, but I would
rather write the book for free, make smalltalk more well known/lucrative and
then
write 10 books to get rich off of. :)

On 5-Sep-06, at 1:06 PM, J J wrote:

> I relize there is a possibility to write a book on all this and
> maybe get rich, but I would
> rather write the book for free, make smalltalk more well known/
> lucrative and then
> write 10 books to get rich off of. :)

We-ell, writing a book on squeak doesn't seem to be a particularly
good way to get rich. Been there (at least in part, a group of us
collaboratively wrote the 'nu-blu' book) got the $200 cheque.... I
had much more success getting rich writing Smalltalk than writing
about Smalltalk.

The key problem with any sort of traditional doc for a system like
Squeak is that by the time you have written the outline it is so out
of date that you have no chance of ever catching up. This is why I'd
like to see some sort of image based doc-tool; at least it would have
some hope of being up to date. I *don't* think that merely
aggregating class and method comments is anywhere near enough.  Nor
do I know exactly what *would* be enough, sadly. I am pretty sure
that it needs to combine a way of presenting the raison d'être of the
code, the reasoning behind the design, the known limits and tradeoffs
and invariants expected and the tests, examples, demos and even the
method and class commentary.

tim
Strange OpCodes: HSJ: Hop, Skip and Jump

Re: Documentation project (was: Thoughts from an outsider)

J J-6

Oh, and thank you for the leads, I will look into it first thing in the
morning.

Any more information out there?  And anyone else interested in helping write
this
stuff?  People new to smalltalk would be the best for this probably, since
this
lets us make a very big contribution fairly quickly.

>From: "Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene" <[hidden email]>
>To: squeakdev <[hidden email]>
>Subject: Re: Documentation project (was: Thoughts from an outsider)
>Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 16:41:47 -0300
>
>See what Simon have on http://joyful.com/JoyfulSystems.
>
>Also exists http://www.xs4all.nl/~maartens/ , look for Squeak
>
>The principal site, something unorganized , is
>http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/
>
>Also exists a great number of specialized sites with his own "community"
>
>When you have "Squeak for dummies" or "Learn Squeak in ten days" book what
>lets you meet the beautiful ladies Fame and Fortune, send notice to this
>list. :=)

>Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
>Todo lo que querías saber, y lo que ni imaginabas,
>está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
>¡Probalo ya!
>http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas

Re: Documentation project (was: Thoughts from an outsider)

Edgar J. De Cleene
J J puso en su mail :

> People new to smalltalk would be the best for this probably, since
> this
> lets us make a very big contribution fairly quickly.
If you could find a Spanish speaking person , (a child is better), we have
some begginners info and site in:
http://wiki.gnulinex.org/squeakros (Swiki in Spain)
http://ar.geocities.com/edgardec2001/Welcome.html (Beginners tutorials ,
most in Spanish)
ftp://[hidden email]/
password: elpelotero  (on approximate 09:00 to 20:00 GMT, dig and take what
you like, at your own risk)

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!
http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas

Re: Documentation project (was: Thoughts from an outsider)

J J-6
Klaus,

I don't seem to be able to send you emails from here.  But I wanted to say
thanks.  And you
brought up a good point:

We will also need documentation reviewers to make sure the doc we write is
correct and
promoting best practices.  It looks like I have one volenteer.  Anyone else?
:)

>From: "J J" <[hidden email]>
>To: [hidden email]
>Subject: Re: Documentation project (was: Thoughts from an outsider)
>Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 20:21:56 +0000
>

>Oh, and thank you for the leads, I will look into it first thing in the
>morning.
>
>Any more information out there?  And anyone else interested in helping
>write this
>stuff?  People new to smalltalk would be the best for this probably, since
>this
>lets us make a very big contribution fairly quickly.
>
>>From: "Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene" <[hidden email]>
>>To: squeakdev <[hidden email]>
>>Subject: Re: Documentation project (was: Thoughts from an outsider)
>>Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 16:41:47 -0300
>>
>>See what Simon have on http://joyful.com/JoyfulSystems.
>>
>>Also exists http://www.xs4all.nl/~maartens/ , look for Squeak
>>
>>The principal site, something unorganized , is
>>http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/
>>
>>Also exists a great number of specialized sites with his own "community"
>>
>>When you have "Squeak for dummies" or "Learn Squeak in ten days" book what
>>lets you meet the beautiful ladies Fame and Fortune, send notice to this
>>list. :=)

>>Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
>>Todo lo que querías saber, y lo que ni imaginabas,
>>está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
>>¡Probalo ya!
>>http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas

Re: Documentation project (was: Thoughts from an outsider)

J J-6
>From: tim Rowledge <[hidden email]>
>To: The general-purpose Squeak developers
>list<[hidden email]>
>Subject: Re: Documentation project (was: Thoughts from an outsider)
>Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 13:20:18 -0700
>
>The key problem with any sort of traditional doc for a system like  Squeak
>is that by the time you have written the outline it is so out  of date that
>you have no chance of ever catching up. This is why I'd  like to see some
>sort of image based doc-tool; at least it would have  some hope of being up
>to date. I *don't* think that merely  aggregating class and method comments
>is anywhere near enough.  Nor  do I know exactly what *would* be enough,
>sadly. I am pretty sure  that it needs to combine a way of presenting the
>raison d'être of the  code, the reasoning behind the design, the known
>limits and tradeoffs  and invariants expected and the tests, examples,
>demos and even the  method and class commentary.

I know that is true for some of the projects, but all of squeak?  It seems
to me
like squeak, while moving, is stable.

And I think smalltalk should do to everyone else what they have done to
smalltalk
for so long.  We should steal vigorously from them. :)  There are lots of
great
documents out there on many other languages.  I plan to use those documents
as
a template of what works and what people expect.  So that way I don't have
come up with the outline from scratch, and that traditionally is what takes
me
the most time. :)

>tim
>--
>tim Rowledge; [hidden email]; http://www.rowledge.org/tim
>Strange OpCodes: HSJ: Hop, Skip and Jump

Re: literate programming examples (Re: Thoughts from an outsider)

Masashi UMEZAWA-2

>From the author's point of view, Dandelion is basically a tool for generating
inter-operable meta models in various formats. HTML output was actually
just an sample, though I added some frills.

For just browsing Smalltalk code, I think SystemBrowser is better.

The advantage of Dandelion is abstraction. For example, it stores
analyzed code info in a repository. The analyzed data is independent of the
current code and it can be retrieved later for further analysis.

[:masashi | ^umezawa]

Re: Thoughts from an outsider

Masashi UMEZAWA-2

Sorry for the late reply. I was disconnected from the net for a while.
(long trip to Prague (ESUG)).

I think Dandelion is in a sort of stable state. Although I have a few
things that I would like to add, the priority is not so high for me.
(But if there are real demands, I would do the action).

What I'm thinking are:

- The new release should be a MCZ based SAR file
- Support of analysis of MCZ packages
- Embed auto generated class graphs in html output
- Add code metrics analysis and CSV output

[:masashi | ^umezawa]

Re: Thoughts from an outsider

J J-6

Well I hope you had a great trip!  Those things you suggest sound good to
me.  And thanks
for your contributions. :)

>From: "Masashi UMEZAWA" <[hidden email]>
>To: "The general-purpose Squeak developers
>list"<[hidden email]>
>Subject: Re: Thoughts from an outsider
>Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 16:54:10 +0900
>
>Hi,
>
>Sorry for the late reply. I was disconnected from the net for a while.
>(long trip to Prague (ESUG)).
>
>I think Dandelion is in a sort of stable state. Although I have a few
>things that I would like to add, the priority is not so high for me.
>(But if there are real demands, I would do the action).
>
>What I'm thinking are:
>
>- The new release should be a MCZ based SAR file
>- Support of analysis of MCZ packages
>- Embed auto generated class graphs in html output
>- Add code metrics analysis and CSV output
>
>2006/9/3, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]>:
>>Am 02.09.2006 um 12:30 schrieb J J:
>>
>> > I must say, this sounds promissing I think.  I don't know how you
>> > guys are
>> > finding this stuff. :)
>>
>>Well, some of us are around for ages and can still remember stuff ;)
>>
>> > The last update seems to be from 2004, is this a project without an
>> > owner atm?
>>
>>Masashi Umezawa is still around AFAIK, but like most Japanese
>>developers he is not active on squeak-dev. You might want to drop him
>>a mail.

>--
>[:masashi | ^umezawa]

Re: Documentation project (was: Thoughts from an outsider)

J J-6
I intend to learn spanish some day.  But let me get german down first. :)

And I want to get all the documentation centralized in one place so everyone
can find it.  It would be great if a spanish speaker went to squeak and they
just automatically see all those spanish documents by default.  But of
course
they need to be on the main site too for all the multi-lingual people.