classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
23 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Inspector Custom Value Panes & Related

darth-cheney
Hi all,

What is the proper way to make a "custom value pane" for my objects whenever they appear inside an Inspector? For my RISCV work, I'm looking to show a morphic representation of the bitfields when a given instruction's `self` property is highlighted in the Inspector window.

As a related question, what's the best way to make a composed Morph that has StringMorphs of different fonts, sizes, and alignments? It seems like not all Fonts are available to StringMorph (TrueType ones, for example) -- is that correct?

Thanks!

--
Eric

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Inspector Custom Value Panes & Related

Christoph Thiede
Hi Eric,

for displaying graphics in an inspector, have a look at MorphInspector (screenshot) or FormInspector (pixels). Custom interactive fields are not (yet?) supported, but in theory, you could subclass Inspector and override the relevant toolbuilder methods.

Regarding to your second question - why don't you use a TextMorphs? The composition of different formatting styles applied to a string is just what makes up a Text.

Best,
Christoph

On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 12:10 AM +0200, "Eric Gade" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

What is the proper way to make a "custom value pane" for my objects whenever they appear inside an Inspector? For my RISCV work, I'm looking to show a morphic representation of the bitfields when a given instruction's `self` property is highlighted in the Inspector window.

As a related question, what's the best way to make a composed Morph that has StringMorphs of different fonts, sizes, and alignments? It seems like not all Fonts are available to StringMorph (TrueType ones, for example) -- is that correct?

Thanks!

--
Eric

Carpe Squeak!
Reply | Threaded
|

darth-cheney
Hi Christoph,

On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 7:32 PM Christoph Thiede <[hidden email]> wrote:

for displaying graphics in an inspector, have a look at MorphInspector (screenshot) or FormInspector (pixels). Custom interactive fields are not (yet?) supported, but in theory, you could subclass Inspector and override the relevant toolbuilder methods.

I can't seem to find MorphInspector in a current (5.3 here) image. Is this a separate package?

Regarding to your second question - why don't you use a TextMorphs? The composition of different formatting styles applied to a string is just what makes up a Text

Aha, yes, I think I've looked into this before. I find the whole relationship between a Text and TextStyle a bit confusing, especially where it comes to setting Fonts. It appears that there are lots of different "kinds" of Fonts, and there's a good amount of indirection so it's difficult to determine which kind of fonts (StrikeFont? TTFont?) "live" and how to see what's available and pick programmatically. Is there a good primer somewhere on Text/TextStyle? Also -- how can I disable editing of a TextMorph?

Thanks again

--
Eric

Reply | Threaded
|

Christoph Thiede

Hi Eric,

I can't seem to find MorphInspector in a current (5.3 here) image. Is this a separate package?

MorphInspector, FormInspector, and a bunch of other small new improvements to the inspector framework have arrived in the Squeak Trunk just a few months ago! See http://forum.world.st/Please-try-out-Inspector-Refactoring-td5114974.html and https://squeak.org/downloads/#current-trunk-image-2:~:text=Current-,Trunk,-Image :-)

I find the whole relationship between a Text and TextStyle a bit confusing, especially where it comes to setting Fonts. It appears that there are lots of different "kinds" of Fonts, and there's a good amount of indirection so it's difficult to determine which kind of fonts (StrikeFont? TTFont?) "live" and how to see what's available and pick programmatically. Is there a good primer somewhere on Text/TextStyle?

These are good questions others can probably answer better than I could do.
This is all I can tell you:
  1. Font rendering in Squeak is difficult and the default font (DejaVu Sans) appears to be the only one that looks kind of nice in all sizes. I almost never choose a different font.
  2. To change the font in a Text, use something like:
    'foo' asText
    addAttribute: (TextFontReference toFont: (StrikeFont
    familyName: 'Darkmap DejaVu Sans'
    pointSize: 20));
    openAsMorph

Also -- how can I disable editing of a TextMorph?

See TextMorph >> #readOnly: or also Morph >> #lock to disable any interaction.

Best,
Christoph

Von: Squeak-dev <[hidden email]> im Auftrag von Eric Gade <[hidden email]>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 2. September 2020 17:01:45
An: The general-purpose Squeak developers list
Betreff: Re: [squeak-dev] Inspector Custom Value Panes & Related

Hi Christoph,

On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 7:32 PM Christoph Thiede <[hidden email]> wrote:

Regarding to your second question - why don't you use a TextMorphs? The composition of different formatting styles applied to a string is just what makes up a Text

Aha, yes, I think I've looked into this before. I find the whole relationship between a Text and TextStyle a bit confusing, especially where it comes to setting Fonts. It appears that there are lots of different "kinds" of Fonts, and there's a good amount of indirection so it's difficult to determine which kind of fonts (StrikeFont? TTFont?) "live" and how to see what's available and pick programmatically. Is there a good primer somewhere on Text/TextStyle? Also -- how can I disable editing of a TextMorph?

Thanks again

--
Eric

Carpe Squeak!
Reply | Threaded
|

Tobias Pape
Hi

> On 02.09.2020, at 21:14, Thiede, Christoph <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Eric,
>
> > I can't seem to find MorphInspector in a current (5.3 here) image. Is this a separate package?
>
> MorphInspector, FormInspector, and a bunch of other small new improvements to the inspector framework have arrived in the Squeak Trunk just a few months ago! See http://forum.world.st/Please-try-out-Inspector-Refactoring-td5114974.html and https://squeak.org/downloads/#current-trunk-image-2:~:text=Current-,Trunk,-Image :-)
>
> > I find the whole relationship between a Text and TextStyle a bit confusing, especially where it comes to setting Fonts. It appears that there are lots of different "kinds" of Fonts, and there's a good amount of indirection so it's difficult to determine which kind of fonts (StrikeFont? TTFont?) "live" and how to see what's available and pick programmatically. Is there a good primer somewhere on Text/TextStyle?
>
> These are good questions others can probably answer better than I could do.
> This is all I can tell you:
> • Font rendering in Squeak is difficult and the default font (DejaVu Sans) appears to be the only one that looks kind of nice in all sizes. I almost never choose a different font.
> • To change the font in a Text, use something like:
> 'foo' asText
> addAttribute: (TextFontReference toFont: (StrikeFont
> familyName: 'Darkmap DejaVu Sans'
> pointSize: 20));
> openAsMorph

I'd suggest to use the TextStyle indirection, so you don't have to guess wether the font is a Strike font or a TTFont or whatever:

'foo' asText
                addAttribute: (TextFontReference toFont: ((TextStyle named: 'Darkmap DejaVu Sans') fontOfSize: 20));
                openAsMorph

If you are just after changing the font used in a TextMorph (not the text itself), I'd use

'foo' asTextMorph
                beAllFont: ((TextStyle named: 'Darkmap DejaVu Sans') fontOfSize: 20);
                openInHand

That way, the name string can be easily exchanged, such  as 'BitstreamVeraSans', or anything imported with the FontImporterTool

I think the "TextFontReference toFont:" and explicit "addAttribute:" are a bit involved; maybe something akin to Text>>#makeBoldFrom:to:/Text>>#allBold would be nice.

Best regards
        -Tobias

>
> > Also -- how can I disable editing of a TextMorph?
>
> See TextMorph >> #readOnly: or also Morph >> #lock to disable any interaction.
>
> Best,
> Christoph
> Von: Squeak-dev <[hidden email]> im Auftrag von Eric Gade <[hidden email]>
> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 2. September 2020 17:01:45
> An: The general-purpose Squeak developers list
> Betreff: Re: [squeak-dev] Inspector Custom Value Panes & Related
>  
> Hi Christoph,
>
> On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 7:32 PM Christoph Thiede <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> for displaying graphics in an inspector, have a look at MorphInspector (screenshot) or FormInspector (pixels). Custom interactive fields are not (yet?) supported, but in theory, you could subclass Inspector and override the relevant toolbuilder methods.
>
> I can't seem to find MorphInspector in a current (5.3 here) image. Is this a separate package?
>  
>
> Regarding to your second question - why don't you use a TextMorphs? The composition of different formatting styles applied to a string is just what makes up a Text
>
> Aha, yes, I think I've looked into this before. I find the whole relationship between a Text and TextStyle a bit confusing, especially where it comes to setting Fonts. It appears that there are lots of different "kinds" of Fonts, and there's a good amount of indirection so it's difficult to determine which kind of fonts (StrikeFont? TTFont?) "live" and how to see what's available and pick programmatically. Is there a good primer somewhere on Text/TextStyle? Also -- how can I disable editing of a TextMorph?
>
> Thanks again

Reply | Threaded
|

Christoph Thiede

Hi Tobias, thanks for the tips! :-)

I think the "TextFontReference toFont:" and explicit "addAttribute:" are a bit involved; maybe something akin to Text>>#makeBoldFrom:to:/Text>>#allBold would be nice.

Would you expect such a Text>>#setFont:from:to: only to add a TextFontReference or also to remove all existing TextFontReferences from the interval?

Best,
Christoph

Von: Squeak-dev <[hidden email]> im Auftrag von Tobias Pape <[hidden email]>
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 2. September 2020 22:04:38

Hi

> On 02.09.2020, at 21:14, Thiede, Christoph <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Eric,
>
> > I can't seem to find MorphInspector in a current (5.3 here) image. Is this a separate package?
>
> MorphInspector, FormInspector, and a bunch of other small new improvements to the inspector framework have arrived in the Squeak Trunk just a few months ago! See http://forum.world.st/Please-try-out-Inspector-Refactoring-td5114974.html and https://squeak.org/downloads/#current-trunk-image-2:~:text=Current-,Trunk,-Image :-)
>
> > I find the whole relationship between a Text and TextStyle a bit confusing, especially where it comes to setting Fonts. It appears that there are lots of different "kinds" of Fonts, and there's a good amount of indirection so it's difficult to determine which kind of fonts (StrikeFont? TTFont?) "live" and how to see what's available and pick programmatically. Is there a good primer somewhere on Text/TextStyle?
>
> These are good questions others can probably answer better than I could do.
> This is all I can tell you:
>        • Font rendering in Squeak is difficult and the default font (DejaVu Sans) appears to be the only one that looks kind of nice in all sizes. I almost never choose a different font.
>        • To change the font in a Text, use something like:
> 'foo' asText
> addAttribute: (TextFontReference toFont: (StrikeFont
> familyName: 'Darkmap DejaVu Sans'
> pointSize: 20));
> openAsMorph

I'd suggest to use the TextStyle indirection, so you don't have to guess wether the font is a Strike font or a TTFont or whatever:

'foo' asText
                addAttribute: (TextFontReference toFont: ((TextStyle named: 'Darkmap DejaVu Sans') fontOfSize: 20));
                openAsMorph

If you are just after changing the font used in a TextMorph (not the text itself), I'd use

'foo' asTextMorph
                beAllFont: ((TextStyle named: 'Darkmap DejaVu Sans') fontOfSize: 20);
                openInHand

That way, the name string can be easily exchanged, such  as 'BitstreamVeraSans', or anything imported with the FontImporterTool

I think the "TextFontReference toFont:" and explicit "addAttribute:" are a bit involved; maybe something akin to Text>>#makeBoldFrom:to:/Text>>#allBold would be nice.

Best regards
        -Tobias

>
> > Also -- how can I disable editing of a TextMorph?
>
> See TextMorph >> #readOnly: or also Morph >> #lock to disable any interaction.
>
> Best,
> Christoph
> Von: Squeak-dev <[hidden email]> im Auftrag von Eric Gade <[hidden email]>
> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 2. September 2020 17:01:45

> Hi Christoph,
>
> On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 7:32 PM Christoph Thiede <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> for displaying graphics in an inspector, have a look at MorphInspector (screenshot) or FormInspector (pixels). Custom interactive fields are not (yet?) supported, but in theory, you could subclass Inspector and override the relevant toolbuilder methods.
>
> I can't seem to find MorphInspector in a current (5.3 here) image. Is this a separate package?

>
> Regarding to your second question - why don't you use a TextMorphs? The composition of different formatting styles applied to a string is just what makes up a Text
>
> Aha, yes, I think I've looked into this before. I find the whole relationship between a Text and TextStyle a bit confusing, especially where it comes to setting Fonts. It appears that there are lots of different "kinds" of Fonts, and there's a good amount of indirection so it's difficult to determine which kind of fonts (StrikeFont? TTFont?) "live" and how to see what's available and pick programmatically. Is there a good primer somewhere on Text/TextStyle? Also -- how can I disable editing of a TextMorph?
>
> Thanks again

Carpe Squeak!
Reply | Threaded
|

Tobias Pape

> On 02.09.2020, at 23:29, Thiede, Christoph <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Tobias, thanks for the tips! :-)
>
> > I think the "TextFontReference toFont:" and explicit "addAttribute:" are a bit involved; maybe something akin to Text>>#makeBoldFrom:to:/Text>>#allBold would be nice.
>
> Would you expect such a Text>>#setFont:from:to: only to add a TextFontReference or also to remove all existing TextFontReferences from the interval?
>

I'd be wary of using #set... because exactly that expectation happens.
Vocabulary is cumbersome, tho.
see TextMorph's _be_AllFont, Text's _make_Bold and the attributes only ever add.

Also, I don't see how two font refs can ever be stacked, it makes not much sense, no?
Coalescing the runs would probably take care of chopping up the different font runs, but that's beneath the cover.

That said, I liked the Seaside/Magritte-wording with beSomething on their brushes or models respectively…

Best regards
        -Tobias

> Best,
> Christoph
> Von: Squeak-dev <[hidden email]> im Auftrag von Tobias Pape <[hidden email]>
> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 2. September 2020 22:04:38
>  
> Hi
>
> > On 02.09.2020, at 21:14, Thiede, Christoph <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Eric,
> >
> > > I can't seem to find MorphInspector in a current (5.3 here) image. Is this a separate package?
> >
> > MorphInspector, FormInspector, and a bunch of other small new improvements to the inspector framework have arrived in the Squeak Trunk just a few months ago! Seehttp://forum.world.st/Please-try-out-Inspector-Refactoring-td5114974.html andhttps://squeak.org/downloads/#current-trunk-image-2:~:text=Current-,Trunk,-Image :-)
> >
> > > I find the whole relationship between a Text and TextStyle a bit confusing, especially where it comes to setting Fonts. It appears that there are lots of different "kinds" of Fonts, and there's a good amount of indirection so it's difficult to determine which kind of fonts (StrikeFont? TTFont?) "live" and how to see what's available and pick programmatically. Is there a good primer somewhere on Text/TextStyle?
> >
> > These are good questions others can probably answer better than I could do.
> > This is all I can tell you:
> >        • Font rendering in Squeak is difficult and the default font (DejaVu Sans) appears to be the only one that looks kind of nice in all sizes. I almost never choose a different font.
> >        • To change the font in a Text, use something like:
> > 'foo' asText
> > addAttribute: (TextFontReference toFont: (StrikeFont
> > familyName: 'Darkmap DejaVu Sans'
> > pointSize: 20));
> > openAsMorph
>
> I'd suggest to use the TextStyle indirection, so you don't have to guess wether the font is a Strike font or a TTFont or whatever:
>
>         'foo' asText
>                 addAttribute: (TextFontReference toFont: ((TextStyle named: 'Darkmap DejaVu Sans') fontOfSize: 20));
>                 openAsMorph
>
>
> If you are just after changing the font used in a TextMorph (not the text itself), I'd use
>
>         'foo' asTextMorph
>                 beAllFont: ((TextStyle named: 'Darkmap DejaVu Sans') fontOfSize: 20);
>                 openInHand
>
>
> That way, the name string can be easily exchanged, such  as 'BitstreamVeraSans', or anything imported with the FontImporterTool
>
> I think the "TextFontReference toFont:" and explicit "addAttribute:" are a bit involved; maybe something akin to Text>>#makeBoldFrom:to:/Text>>#allBold would be nice.
>
>
> Best regards
>         -Tobias
>
>
> >
> > > Also -- how can I disable editing of a TextMorph?
> >
> > See TextMorph >> #readOnly: or also Morph >> #lock to disable any interaction.
> >
> > Best,
> > Christoph
> > Von: Squeak-dev <[hidden email]> im Auftrag von Eric Gade <[hidden email]>
> > Gesendet: Mittwoch, 2. September 2020 17:01:45
> > An: The general-purpose Squeak developers list
> > Betreff: Re: [squeak-dev] Inspector Custom Value Panes & Related
> >  
> > Hi Christoph,
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 7:32 PM Christoph Thiede <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > for displaying graphics in an inspector, have a look at MorphInspector (screenshot) or FormInspector (pixels). Custom interactive fields are not (yet?) supported, but in theory, you could subclass Inspector and override the relevant toolbuilder methods.
> >
> >  
> >
> > Regarding to your second question - why don't you use a TextMorphs? The composition of different formatting styles applied to a string is just what makes up a Text
> >
> > Aha, yes, I think I've looked into this before. I find the whole relationship between a Text and TextStyle a bit confusing, especially where it comes to setting Fonts. It appears that there are lots of different "kinds" of Fonts, and there's a good amount of indirection so it's difficult to determine which kind of fonts (StrikeFont? TTFont?) "live" and how to see what's available and pick programmatically. Is there a good primer somewhere on Text/TextStyle? Also -- how can I disable editing of a TextMorph?
> >
> > Thanks again

Reply | Threaded
|

marcel.taeumel
In reply to this post by darth-cheney
Hi Eric.

What is the proper way to make a "custom value pane" for my objects whenever they appear inside an Inspector?

Unfortunately, the current inspector framework has no such extension point. You can, however, prepare a custom inspector for your domain objects. See MorphInspector as an example. 

Best,
Marcel

Am 02.09.2020 00:10:56 schrieb Eric Gade <[hidden email]>:

Hi all,

Thanks!

--
Eric

Reply | Threaded
|

Karl Ramberg
Here is a change set that adds HaloHandle for font change to StringMorph

Best,
Karl

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 9:56 AM Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Eric.

What is the proper way to make a "custom value pane" for my objects whenever they appear inside an Inspector?

Unfortunately, the current inspector framework has no such extension point. You can, however, prepare a custom inspector for your domain objects. See MorphInspector as an example. 

Best,
Marcel

Hi all,

Thanks!

--
Eric

FontHandleForStringMorph.1.cs (3K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
|

Christoph Thiede
In reply to this post by Tobias Pape

Hi Tobias,

Also, I don't see how two font refs can ever be stacked, it makes not much sense, no?

That was exactly my point. 'foo' asText beAllFont: font1; beAllFont: font2 does not make any sense, of course, but when a text is passed from somewhere else, you may not know which formatting has already been applied to it ...

Best,

Christoph

Von: Squeak-dev <[hidden email]> im Auftrag von Tobias Pape <[hidden email]>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 3. September 2020 00:13:24

> On 02.09.2020, at 23:29, Thiede, Christoph <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Tobias, thanks for the tips! :-)
>
> > I think the "TextFontReference toFont:" and explicit "addAttribute:" are a bit involved; maybe something akin to Text>>#makeBoldFrom:to:/Text>>#allBold would be nice.
>
> Would you expect such a Text>>#setFont:from:to: only to add a TextFontReference or also to remove all existing TextFontReferences from the interval?
>

I'd be wary of using #set... because exactly that expectation happens.
Vocabulary is cumbersome, tho.
see TextMorph's _be_AllFont, Text's _make_Bold and the attributes only ever add.

Coalescing the runs would probably take care of chopping up the different font runs, but that's beneath the cover.

That said, I liked the Seaside/Magritte-wording with beSomething on their brushes or models respectively…

Best regards
        -Tobias

> Best,
> Christoph
> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 2. September 2020 22:04:38

> Hi
>
> > On 02.09.2020, at 21:14, Thiede, Christoph <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Eric,
> >
> > > I can't seem to find MorphInspector in a current (5.3 here) image. Is this a separate package?
> >
> > MorphInspector, FormInspector, and a bunch of other small new improvements to the inspector framework have arrived in the Squeak Trunk just a few months ago! Seehttp://forum.world.st/Please-try-out-Inspector-Refactoring-td5114974.html andhttps://squeak.org/downloads/#current-trunk-image-2:~:text=Current-,Trunk,-Image :-)
> >
> > > I find the whole relationship between a Text and TextStyle a bit confusing, especially where it comes to setting Fonts. It appears that there are lots of different "kinds" of Fonts, and there's a good amount of indirection so it's difficult to determine which kind of fonts (StrikeFont? TTFont?) "live" and how to see what's available and pick programmatically. Is there a good primer somewhere on Text/TextStyle?
> >
> > These are good questions others can probably answer better than I could do.
> > This is all I can tell you:
> >        • Font rendering in Squeak is difficult and the default font (DejaVu Sans) appears to be the only one that looks kind of nice in all sizes. I almost never choose a different font.
> >        • To change the font in a Text, use something like:
> > 'foo' asText
> > addAttribute: (TextFontReference toFont: (StrikeFont
> > familyName: 'Darkmap DejaVu Sans'
> > pointSize: 20));
> > openAsMorph
>
> I'd suggest to use the TextStyle indirection, so you don't have to guess wether the font is a Strike font or a TTFont or whatever:
>
>         'foo' asText
>                 addAttribute: (TextFontReference toFont: ((TextStyle named: 'Darkmap DejaVu Sans') fontOfSize: 20));
>                 openAsMorph
>
>
> If you are just after changing the font used in a TextMorph (not the text itself), I'd use
>
>         'foo' asTextMorph
>                 beAllFont: ((TextStyle named: 'Darkmap DejaVu Sans') fontOfSize: 20);
>                 openInHand
>
>
> That way, the name string can be easily exchanged, such  as 'BitstreamVeraSans', or anything imported with the FontImporterTool
>
> I think the "TextFontReference toFont:" and explicit "addAttribute:" are a bit involved; maybe something akin to Text>>#makeBoldFrom:to:/Text>>#allBold would be nice.
>
>
> Best regards
>         -Tobias
>
>
> >
> > > Also -- how can I disable editing of a TextMorph?
> >
> > See TextMorph >> #readOnly: or also Morph >> #lock to disable any interaction.
> >
> > Best,
> > Christoph
> > Von: Squeak-dev <[hidden email]> im Auftrag von Eric Gade <[hidden email]>
> > Gesendet: Mittwoch, 2. September 2020 17:01:45
> > 
> > Hi Christoph,
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 7:32 PM Christoph Thiede <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > for displaying graphics in an inspector, have a look at MorphInspector (screenshot) or FormInspector (pixels). Custom interactive fields are not (yet?) supported, but in theory, you could subclass Inspector and override the relevant toolbuilder methods.
> >
> > 
> >
> > Regarding to your second question - why don't you use a TextMorphs? The composition of different formatting styles applied to a string is just what makes up a Text
> >
> > Aha, yes, I think I've looked into this before. I find the whole relationship between a Text and TextStyle a bit confusing, especially where it comes to setting Fonts. It appears that there are lots of different "kinds" of Fonts, and there's a good amount of indirection so it's difficult to determine which kind of fonts (StrikeFont? TTFont?) "live" and how to see what's available and pick programmatically. Is there a good primer somewhere on Text/TextStyle? Also -- how can I disable editing of a TextMorph?
> >
> > Thanks again

Carpe Squeak!
Reply | Threaded
|

Tobias Pape
Hi
> On 03.09.2020, at 15:04, Thiede, Christoph <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Tobias,
>
> > Also, I don't see how two font refs can ever be stacked, it makes not much sense, no?
>
> That was exactly my point. 'foo' asText beAllFont: font1; beAllFont: font2 does not make any sense, of course, but when a text is passed from somewhere else, you may not know which formatting has already been applied to it ...

That is true. But if you want to change the font, there's only so much you can do.
If you want just change an upright font to an italic one, the FontReference will not work in any case.
The TextFontChange attribute is seemingly intended for that, but it only understands "Font array indices" which is most unhelpful :D

Best regards
        -Tobias

>
> Best,
> Christoph
>
> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 3. September 2020 00:13:24
>  
>
> > On 02.09.2020, at 23:29, Thiede, Christoph <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Tobias, thanks for the tips! :-)
> >
> > > I think the "TextFontReference toFont:" and explicit "addAttribute:" are a bit involved; maybe something akin to Text>>#makeBoldFrom:to:/Text>>#allBold would be nice.
> >
> > Would you expect such a Text>>#setFont:from:to: only to add a TextFontReference or also to remove all existing TextFontReferences from the interval?
> >
>
> I'd be wary of using #set... because exactly that expectation happens.
> Vocabulary is cumbersome, tho.
> see TextMorph's _be_AllFont, Text's _make_Bold and the attributes only ever add.
>
> Also, I don't see how two font refs can ever be stacked, it makes not much sense, no?
> Coalescing the runs would probably take care of chopping up the different font runs, but that's beneath the cover.
>
> That said, I liked the Seaside/Magritte-wording with beSomething on their brushes or models respectively…
>
> Best regards
>         -Tobias
>
> > Best,
> > Christoph
> > Von: Squeak-dev <[hidden email]> im Auftrag von Tobias Pape <[hidden email]>
> > Gesendet: Mittwoch, 2. September 2020 22:04:38
> >  
> > Hi
> >
> > > On 02.09.2020, at 21:14, Thiede, Christoph <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Eric,
> > >
> > > > I can't seem to find MorphInspector in a current (5.3 here) image. Is this a separate package?
> > >
> > > MorphInspector, FormInspector, and a bunch of other small new improvements to the inspector framework have arrived in the Squeak Trunk just a few months ago! Seehttp://forum.world.st/Please-try-out-Inspector-Refactoring-td5114974.html andhttps://squeak.org/downloads/#current-trunk-image-2:~:text=Current-,Trunk,-Image :-)
> > >
> > > > I find the whole relationship between a Text and TextStyle a bit confusing, especially where it comes to setting Fonts. It appears that there are lots of different "kinds" of Fonts, and there's a good amount of indirection so it's difficult to determine which kind of fonts (StrikeFont? TTFont?) "live" and how to see what's available and pick programmatically. Is there a good primer somewhere on Text/TextStyle?
> > >
> > > These are good questions others can probably answer better than I could do.
> > > This is all I can tell you:
> > >        • Font rendering in Squeak is difficult and the default font (DejaVu Sans) appears to be the only one that looks kind of nice in all sizes. I almost never choose a different font.
> > >        • To change the font in a Text, use something like:
> > > 'foo' asText
> > > addAttribute: (TextFontReference toFont: (StrikeFont
> > > familyName: 'Darkmap DejaVu Sans'
> > > pointSize: 20));
> > > openAsMorph
> >
> > I'd suggest to use the TextStyle indirection, so you don't have to guess wether the font is a Strike font or a TTFont or whatever:
> >
> >         'foo' asText
> >                 addAttribute: (TextFontReference toFont: ((TextStyle named: 'Darkmap DejaVu Sans') fontOfSize: 20));
> >                 openAsMorph
> >
> >
> > If you are just after changing the font used in a TextMorph (not the text itself), I'd use
> >
> >         'foo' asTextMorph
> >                 beAllFont: ((TextStyle named: 'Darkmap DejaVu Sans') fontOfSize: 20);
> >                 openInHand
> >
> >
> > That way, the name string can be easily exchanged, such  as 'BitstreamVeraSans', or anything imported with the FontImporterTool
> >
> >
> >
> > Best regards
> >         -Tobias
> >
> >
> > >
> > > > Also -- how can I disable editing of a TextMorph?
> > >
> > > See TextMorph >> #readOnly: or also Morph >> #lock to disable any interaction.
> > >
> > > Best,
> > > Christoph
> > > Von: Squeak-dev <[hidden email]> im Auftrag von Eric Gade <[hidden email]>
> > > Gesendet: Mittwoch, 2. September 2020 17:01:45
> > > An: The general-purpose Squeak developers list
> > > Betreff: Re: [squeak-dev] Inspector Custom Value Panes & Related
> > >  
> > > Hi Christoph,
> > >
> > > On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 7:32 PM Christoph Thiede <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > for displaying graphics in an inspector, have a look at MorphInspector (screenshot) or FormInspector (pixels). Custom interactive fields are not (yet?) supported, but in theory, you could subclass Inspector and override the relevant toolbuilder methods.
> > >
> > >  
> > >
> > > Regarding to your second question - why don't you use a TextMorphs? The composition of different formatting styles applied to a string is just what makes up a Text
> > >
> > > Aha, yes, I think I've looked into this before. I find the whole relationship between a Text and TextStyle a bit confusing, especially where it comes to setting Fonts. It appears that there are lots of different "kinds" of Fonts, and there's a good amount of indirection so it's difficult to determine which kind of fonts (StrikeFont? TTFont?) "live" and how to see what's available and pick programmatically. Is there a good primer somewhere on Text/TextStyle? Also -- how can I disable editing of a TextMorph?
> > >
> > > Thanks again

Reply | Threaded
|

marcel.taeumel
Plus, TextFontReference is a rather fixed pointer to a specific font and size, which breaks when using Squeak's notion of High-DPI with bigger fonts in general. TextFontChange works better with its index. And so does TextEmphasis for italic.

Best,
Marcel

Am 03.09.2020 15:53:35 schrieb Tobias Pape <[hidden email]>:

Hi
> On 03.09.2020, at 15:04, Thiede, Christoph wrote:
>
> Hi Tobias,
>
> > Also, I don't see how two font refs can ever be stacked, it makes not much sense, no?
>
> That was exactly my point. 'foo' asText beAllFont: font1; beAllFont: font2 does not make any sense, of course, but when a text is passed from somewhere else, you may not know which formatting has already been applied to it ...

That is true. But if you want to change the font, there's only so much you can do.
If you want just change an upright font to an italic one, the FontReference will not work in any case.
The TextFontChange attribute is seemingly intended for that, but it only understands "Font array indices" which is most unhelpful :D

Best regards
-Tobias

>
> Best,
> Christoph
>
> Von: Squeak-dev im Auftrag von Tobias Pape
>
>
> > On 02.09.2020, at 23:29, Thiede, Christoph wrote:
> >
> >
> > > I think the "TextFontReference toFont:" and explicit "addAttribute:" are a bit involved; maybe something akin to Text>>#makeBoldFrom:to:/Text>>#allBold would be nice.
> >
> > Would you expect such a Text>>#setFont:from:to: only to add a TextFontReference or also to remove all existing TextFontReferences from the interval?
> >
>
> see TextMorph's _be_AllFont, Text's _make_Bold and the attributes only ever add.
>
> Also, I don't see how two font refs can ever be stacked, it makes not much sense, no?
> Coalescing the runs would probably take care of chopping up the different font runs, but that's beneath the cover.
>
> That said, I liked the Seaside/Magritte-wording with beSomething on their brushes or models respectively…
>
> Best regards
> -Tobias
>
> > Best,
> > Christoph
> > Von: Squeak-dev im Auftrag von Tobias Pape
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > > On 02.09.2020, at 21:14, Thiede, Christoph wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Eric,
> > >
> > > > I can't seem to find MorphInspector in a current (5.3 here) image. Is this a separate package?
> > >
> > > MorphInspector, FormInspector, and a bunch of other small new improvements to the inspector framework have arrived in the Squeak Trunk just a few months ago! Seehttp://forum.world.st/Please-try-out-Inspector-Refactoring-td5114974.html andhttps://squeak.org/downloads/#current-trunk-image-2:~:text=Current-,Trunk,-Image :-)
> > >
> > > > I find the whole relationship between a Text and TextStyle a bit confusing, especially where it comes to setting Fonts. It appears that there are lots of different "kinds" of Fonts, and there's a good amount of indirection so it's difficult to determine which kind of fonts (StrikeFont? TTFont?) "live" and how to see what's available and pick programmatically. Is there a good primer somewhere on Text/TextStyle?
> > >
> > > These are good questions others can probably answer better than I could do.
> > > • Font rendering in Squeak is difficult and the default font (DejaVu Sans) appears to be the only one that looks kind of nice in all sizes. I almost never choose a different font.
> > > • To change the font in a Text, use something like:
> > > 'foo' asText
> > > openAsMorph
> >
> > I'd suggest to use the TextStyle indirection, so you don't have to guess wether the font is a Strike font or a TTFont or whatever:
> >
> > 'foo' asText
> > addAttribute: (TextFontReference toFont: ((TextStyle named: 'Darkmap DejaVu Sans') fontOfSize: 20));
> > openAsMorph
> >
> >
> > If you are just after changing the font used in a TextMorph (not the text itself), I'd use
> >
> > 'foo' asTextMorph
> > beAllFont: ((TextStyle named: 'Darkmap DejaVu Sans') fontOfSize: 20);
> > openInHand
> >
> >
> > That way, the name string can be easily exchanged, such as 'BitstreamVeraSans', or anything imported with the FontImporterTool
> >
> >
> >
> > Best regards
> > -Tobias
> >
> >
> > >
> > >
> > > See TextMorph >> #readOnly: or also Morph >> #lock to disable any interaction.
> > >
> > > Best,
> > > Christoph
> > > Von: Squeak-dev im Auftrag von Eric Gade
> > >
> > > Hi Christoph,
> > >
> > > On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 7:32 PM Christoph Thiede wrote:
> > >
> > > for displaying graphics in an inspector, have a look at MorphInspector (screenshot) or FormInspector (pixels). Custom interactive fields are not (yet?) supported, but in theory, you could subclass Inspector and override the relevant toolbuilder methods.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Regarding to your second question - why don't you use a TextMorphs? The composition of different formatting styles applied to a string is just what makes up a Text
> > >
> > > Aha, yes, I think I've looked into this before. I find the whole relationship between a Text and TextStyle a bit confusing, especially where it comes to setting Fonts. It appears that there are lots of different "kinds" of Fonts, and there's a good amount of indirection so it's difficult to determine which kind of fonts (StrikeFont? TTFont?) "live" and how to see what's available and pick programmatically. Is there a good primer somewhere on Text/TextStyle? Also -- how can I disable editing of a TextMorph?
> > >
> > > Thanks again

Reply | Threaded
|

Christoph Thiede

Hi all, Hi Tobias,

does the attached changeset match your expectations? :-)

Best,

Christoph

Von: Squeak-dev <[hidden email]> im Auftrag von Taeumel, Marcel
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 3. September 2020 15:56:49
An: squeak-dev

Plus, TextFontReference is a rather fixed pointer to a specific font and size, which breaks when using Squeak's notion of High-DPI with bigger fonts in general. TextFontChange works better with its index. And so does TextEmphasis for italic.

Best,
Marcel

Am 03.09.2020 15:53:35 schrieb Tobias Pape <[hidden email]>:

Hi
> On 03.09.2020, at 15:04, Thiede, Christoph wrote:
>
> Hi Tobias,
>
>

Best regards
-Tobias

>
> Best,
> Christoph
>
> Von: Squeak-dev im Auftrag von Tobias Pape
>
>
> > On 02.09.2020, at 23:29, Thiede, Christoph wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
> Best regards
> -Tobias
>
> > Best,
> > Christoph
> > Von: Squeak-dev im Auftrag von Tobias Pape
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > > On 02.09.2020, at 21:14, Thiede, Christoph wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Eric,
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > • Font rendering in Squeak is difficult and the default font (DejaVu Sans) appears to be the only one that looks kind of nice in all sizes. I almost never choose a different font.
> > > • To change the font in a Text, use something like:
> > > 'foo' asText
> > > openAsMorph
> >
> >
> > 'foo' asText
> > addAttribute: (TextFontReference toFont: ((TextStyle named: 'Darkmap DejaVu Sans') fontOfSize: 20));
> > openAsMorph
> >
> >
> >
> > 'foo' asTextMorph
> > beAllFont: ((TextStyle named: 'Darkmap DejaVu Sans') fontOfSize: 20);
> > openInHand
> >
> >
> > That way, the name string can be easily exchanged, such as 'BitstreamVeraSans', or anything imported with the FontImporterTool
> >
> >
> >
> > Best regards
> > -Tobias
> >
> >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Best,
> > > Christoph
> > > Von: Squeak-dev im Auftrag von Eric Gade
> > >
> > > Hi Christoph,
> > >
> > > On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 7:32 PM Christoph Thiede wrote:
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Thanks again

Text-emphasis.1.cs (1K) Download Attachment
Carpe Squeak!
Reply | Threaded
|

Christoph Thiede
In reply to this post by Karl Ramberg

Hi Karl,

I'm sorry your proposal is lost a bit - I think it's a nice addition! It does not look exactly like the TextMorph dialog, but I actually prefer "one dialog that fits it all" over the three separate handles for a TextMorph (that do not even all appear to work properly at the moment.) I think we should get this merged! :-)

Best,

Christoph

Von: Squeak-dev <[hidden email]> im Auftrag von karl ramberg <[hidden email]>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 3. September 2020 13:28:41

Best,
Karl

Hi Eric.

Best,
Marcel

Hi all,

Thanks!

--
Eric

Carpe Squeak!
Reply | Threaded
|

Karl Ramberg

On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 8:16 AM Thiede, Christoph <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Karl,

I'm sorry your proposal is lost a bit - I think it's a nice addition! It does not look exactly like the TextMorph dialog, but I actually prefer "one dialog that fits it all" over the three separate handles for a TextMorph (that do not even all appear to work properly at the moment.) I think we should get this merged! :-)

My change just adds handle support to the already existing  StringMorph>>changeFont

The three TextMorph handles are not optimal and could be refactored into one handle.

I made another change  to FontChooserTool where I added a button to apply text changes to the partition of text selected or a bulk change to all text in the pane. With this change I also enabled the emphasis pane to FontChooserTool.  

bild.png

Best,
Karl

Best,

Christoph

Best,
Karl

Hi Eric.

Best,
Marcel

Hi all,

Thanks!

--
Eric

Reply | Threaded
|

Font Handles (was: Inspector Custom Value Panes & Related)

Christoph Thiede

Great ideas! I never get the right handle on the first try, merging them sounds very reasonable. :-)

Hm ... doesn't the existence of such an "Apply" button impede Morphic's liveness? Why not just apply all changes as soon as a font/style has been selected? You could replace the buttons by a checkbox "selection only".

Best,

Christoph

Gesendet: Dienstag, 8. September 2020 21:49 Uhr

Hi Karl,

My change just adds handle support to the already existing  StringMorph>>changeFont

The three TextMorph handles are not optimal and could be refactored into one handle.

I made another change  to FontChooserTool where I added a button to apply text changes to the partition of text selected or a bulk change to all text in the pane. With this change I also enabled the emphasis pane to FontChooserTool.  

bild.png

Best,
Karl

Best,

Christoph

Best,
Karl

Hi Eric.

Best,
Marcel

Hi all,

Thanks!

--
Eric

Carpe Squeak!
Reply | Threaded
|

Tobias Pape
In reply to this post by Christoph Thiede
Hi

> On 08.09.2020, at 08:09, Thiede, Christoph <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all, Hi Tobias,
>
> does the attached changeset match your expectations? :-)

Looks promising.
I'd like some input from others wether the #be*-API on Text works, as it currently lives on TextMorph.

Other than that, go ahead.

Best regards
        -Tobias

>
> Best,
> Christoph
> Von: Squeak-dev <[hidden email]> im Auftrag von Taeumel, Marcel
> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 3. September 2020 15:56:49
> An: squeak-dev
>  
> Plus, TextFontReference is a rather fixed pointer to a specific font and size, which breaks when using Squeak's notion of High-DPI with bigger fonts in general. TextFontChange works better with its index. And so does TextEmphasis for italic.
>
> Best,
> Marcel
>> Am 03.09.2020 15:53:35 schrieb Tobias Pape <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi
>> > On 03.09.2020, at 15:04, Thiede, Christoph wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi Tobias,
>> >
>> > > Also, I don't see how two font refs can ever be stacked, it makes not much sense, no?
>> >
>> > That was exactly my point. 'foo' asText beAllFont: font1; beAllFont: font2 does not make any sense, of course, but when a text is passed from somewhere else, you may not know which formatting has already been applied to it ...
>>
>> That is true. But if you want to change the font, there's only so much you can do.
>> If you want just change an upright font to an italic one, the FontReference will not work in any case.
>> The TextFontChange attribute is seemingly intended for that, but it only understands "Font array indices" which is most unhelpful :D
>>
>> Best regards
>> -Tobias
>>
>>
>> >
>> > Best,
>> > Christoph
>> >
>> > Von: Squeak-dev im Auftrag von Tobias Pape
>> > Gesendet: Donnerstag, 3. September 2020 00:13:24
>> > An: The general-purpose Squeak developers list
>> > Betreff: Re: [squeak-dev] Inspector Custom Value Panes & Related
>> >
>> >
>> > > On 02.09.2020, at 23:29, Thiede, Christoph wrote:
>> > >
>> > > Hi Tobias, thanks for the tips! :-)
>> > >
>> > > > I think the "TextFontReference toFont:" and explicit "addAttribute:" are a bit involved; maybe something akin to Text>>#makeBoldFrom:to:/Text>>#allBold would be nice.
>> > >
>> > > Would you expect such a Text>>#setFont:from:to: only to add a TextFontReference or also to remove all existing TextFontReferences from the interval?
>> > >
>> >
>> > I'd be wary of using #set... because exactly that expectation happens.
>> > Vocabulary is cumbersome, tho.
>> > see TextMorph's _be_AllFont, Text's _make_Bold and the attributes only ever add.
>> >
>> > Also, I don't see how two font refs can ever be stacked, it makes not much sense, no?
>> > Coalescing the runs would probably take care of chopping up the different font runs, but that's beneath the cover.
>> >
>> > That said, I liked the Seaside/Magritte-wording with beSomething on their brushes or models respectively…
>> >
>> > Best regards
>> > -Tobias
>> >
>> > > Best,
>> > > Christoph
>> > > Von: Squeak-dev im Auftrag von Tobias Pape
>> > > Gesendet: Mittwoch, 2. September 2020 22:04:38
>> > > An: The general-purpose Squeak developers list
>> > > Betreff: Re: [squeak-dev] Inspector Custom Value Panes & Related
>> > >
>> > > Hi
>> > >
>> > > > On 02.09.2020, at 21:14, Thiede, Christoph wrote:
>> > > >
>> > > > Hi Eric,
>> > > >
>> > > > > I can't seem to find MorphInspector in a current (5.3 here) image. Is this a separate package?
>> > > >
>> > > > MorphInspector, FormInspector, and a bunch of other small new improvements to the inspector framework have arrived in the Squeak Trunk just a few months ago! Seehttp://forum.world.st/Please-try-out-Inspector-Refactoring-td5114974.html andhttps://squeak.org/downloads/#current-trunk-image-2:~:text=Current-,Trunk,-Image :-)
>> > > >
>> > > > > I find the whole relationship between a Text and TextStyle a bit confusing, especially where it comes to setting Fonts. It appears that there are lots of different "kinds" of Fonts, and there's a good amount of indirection so it's difficult to determine which kind of fonts (StrikeFont? TTFont?) "live" and how to see what's available and pick programmatically. Is there a good primer somewhere on Text/TextStyle?
>> > > >
>> > > > These are good questions others can probably answer better than I could do.
>> > > > This is all I can tell you:
>> > > > • Font rendering in Squeak is difficult and the default font (DejaVu Sans) appears to be the only one that looks kind of nice in all sizes. I almost never choose a different font.
>> > > > • To change the font in a Text, use something like:
>> > > > 'foo' asText
>> > > > addAttribute: (TextFontReference toFont: (StrikeFont
>> > > > familyName: 'Darkmap DejaVu Sans'
>> > > > pointSize: 20));
>> > > > openAsMorph
>> > >
>> > > I'd suggest to use the TextStyle indirection, so you don't have to guess wether the font is a Strike font or a TTFont or whatever:
>> > >
>> > > 'foo' asText
>> > > addAttribute: (TextFontReference toFont: ((TextStyle named: 'Darkmap DejaVu Sans') fontOfSize: 20));
>> > > openAsMorph
>> > >
>> > >
>> > > If you are just after changing the font used in a TextMorph (not the text itself), I'd use
>> > >
>> > > 'foo' asTextMorph
>> > > beAllFont: ((TextStyle named: 'Darkmap DejaVu Sans') fontOfSize: 20);
>> > > openInHand
>> > >
>> > >
>> > > That way, the name string can be easily exchanged, such as 'BitstreamVeraSans', or anything imported with the FontImporterTool
>> > >
>> > > I think the "TextFontReference toFont:" and explicit "addAttribute:" are a bit involved; maybe something akin to Text>>#makeBoldFrom:to:/Text>>#allBold would be nice.
>> > >
>> > >
>> > > Best regards
>> > > -Tobias
>> > >
>> > >
>> > > >
>> > > > > Also -- how can I disable editing of a TextMorph?
>> > > >
>> > > > See TextMorph >> #readOnly: or also Morph >> #lock to disable any interaction.
>> > > >
>> > > > Best,
>> > > > Christoph
>> > > > Von: Squeak-dev im Auftrag von Eric Gade
>> > > > Gesendet: Mittwoch, 2. September 2020 17:01:45
>> > > > An: The general-purpose Squeak developers list
>> > > > Betreff: Re: [squeak-dev] Inspector Custom Value Panes & Related
>> > > >
>> > > > Hi Christoph,
>> > > >
>> > > > On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 7:32 PM Christoph Thiede wrote:
>> > > >
>> > > > for displaying graphics in an inspector, have a look at MorphInspector (screenshot) or FormInspector (pixels). Custom interactive fields are not (yet?) supported, but in theory, you could subclass Inspector and override the relevant toolbuilder methods.
>> > > >
>> > > > I can't seem to find MorphInspector in a current (5.3 here) image. Is this a separate package?
>> > > >
>> > > >
>> > > > Regarding to your second question - why don't you use a TextMorphs? The composition of different formatting styles applied to a string is just what makes up a Text
>> > > >
>> > > > Aha, yes, I think I've looked into this before. I find the whole relationship between a Text and TextStyle a bit confusing, especially where it comes to setting Fonts. It appears that there are lots of different "kinds" of Fonts, and there's a good amount of indirection so it's difficult to determine which kind of fonts (StrikeFont? TTFont?) "live" and how to see what's available and pick programmatically. Is there a good primer somewhere on Text/TextStyle? Also -- how can I disable editing of a TextMorph?
>> > > >
>> > > > Thanks again
>>
>>
>>
>

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Font Handles (was: Inspector Custom Value Panes & Related)

Karl Ramberg
In reply to this post by Christoph Thiede
Hi,
I tested using PluggableCheckBoxMorph but that widget is unwieldy.
I'm not sure how to add a label to it.
The widget seem to expect the model eg. FontChooserTool to perform the label ?

PluggableCheckBoxMorph>>on: anObject getState: getStateSel action: actionSel label: labelSel menu: menuSel
self label: (self model perform: labelSel).

I'm not sure how that is supposed to work...

There is no other use of the widget in the image I can look at either.

Best,
Karl

On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 9:57 PM Thiede, Christoph <[hidden email]> wrote:

Great ideas! I never get the right handle on the first try, merging them sounds very reasonable. :-)

Hm ... doesn't the existence of such an "Apply" button impede Morphic's liveness? Why not just apply all changes as soon as a font/style has been selected? You could replace the buttons by a checkbox "selection only".

Best,

Christoph

Hi Karl,

bild.png

Best,
Karl

Best,

Christoph

Best,
Karl

Hi Eric.

Best,
Marcel

Hi all,

Thanks!

--
Eric

Reply | Threaded
|

Karl Ramberg
Figured this out...
Best,
Karl

On Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 10:41 AM karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

PluggableCheckBoxMorph>>on: anObject getState: getStateSel action: actionSel label: labelSel menu: menuSel

Best,
Karl

Best,

Christoph

Hi Karl,

bild.png

Best,
Karl

Best,

Christoph

Best,
Karl

Hi Eric.

Best,
Marcel

Hi all,

Thanks!

--
Eric

Reply | Threaded
|

marcel.taeumel
Hi Karl.

We might want to merge the behavior of those:

PluggableCheckBoxMorph
ThreePhaseButtonMorph class >> #checkBox

Best,
Marcel

Am 26.09.2020 19:20:10 schrieb karl ramberg <[hidden email]>:

Figured this out...
Best,
Karl

On Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 10:41 AM karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Best,
Karl

Best,

Christoph

Hi Karl,

bild.png

Best,
Karl

Best,

Christoph

Best,
Karl

Hi Eric.

Best,
Marcel

Hi all,

Thanks!

--
Eric