Installation on Centos 7 report

12

Installation on Centos 7 report

BrunoBB
Hi,

Reporting some issues:

Server Installation (only this minor issue)
Problem
Delta RPMs disabled because /usr/bin/applydeltarpm not installed

Solution
yum install -y deltarpm

Client Installation (almost done but createClient failed):
The 32-bit libraries required by Pharo have not been installed on this system. :: downloadSmalltalkClient -v Pharo3.0 -d /c/Users/Usuario/GsDevKit_home//dev/clients/tode1
Error on or near line 113 :: createPharoTodeClient -v Pharo3.0 tode1 :: createPharoTodeClient -v Pharo3.0 tode1
Error on or near line 105 :: createClient tode1 :: createClient tode1
Error on or near line 147 :: createClient tode1 :: createClient tode1

Regards,
Bruno

Re: Installation on Centos 7 report

GLASS mailing list

On 6/17/16 9:18 AM, BrunoBB via Glass wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Reporting some issues:
>
> Server Installation (only this minor issue)
> Problem
> Delta RPMs disabled because /usr/bin/applydeltarpm not installed
>
> Solution
> yum install -y deltarpm
I don't understand this requirement ... could you give me a bit more
information about the deltarpm lib? What error is it resolving?

> Client Installation (almost done but createClient failed):
> The 32-bit libraries required by Pharo have not been installed on this
> system. :: downloadSmalltalkClient -v Pharo3.0 -d
> /c/Users/Usuario/GsDevKit_home//dev/clients/tode1
> Error on or near line 113 :: createPharoTodeClient -v Pharo3.0 tode1 ::
> createPharoTodeClient -v Pharo3.0 tode1
> Error on or near line 105 :: createClient tode1 :: createClient tode1
> Error on or near line 147 :: createClient tode1 :: createClient tode1

The "The 32-bit libraries..." error is generated by the
downloadSmalltalkClient script when the following command errors out:

   ./pharo --help --vm-display-null

The assumption was that an error at this point would be because of
missing libraries ...

To run the command (and see the real error):

   cd $GS_HOME/dev/clients/tode1
   ./pharo --help --vm-display-null

and then let me know what the result of those commands are ...

Thanks!

Dale

> Regards,
> Bruno

Re: Installation on Centos 7 report

BrunoBB
Dale,

/********************************************************/
I don't understand this requirement ... could you give me a bit more
information about the deltarpm lib? What error is it resolving?
/********************************************************/
At some point the server installation stop with:
Delta RPMs disabled because /usr/bin/applydeltarpm not installed

After executing:
yum install -y deltarpm
The problem was fixed.

/**************************************************************/
   cd $GS_HOME/dev/clients/tode1
   ./pharo --help --vm-display-null
/**************************************************************/
The command pop up the attached Windows but it does not shown anything.
(see the attached image)
pharo-error-01.jpg

regards,
bruno

On 6/17/16 11:13 AM, BrunoBB via Glass wrote:

> Dale,
>
> /********************************************************/
> I don't understand this requirement ... could you give me a bit more
> information about the deltarpm lib? What error is it resolving?
> /********************************************************/
> At some point the server installation stop with:
> Delta RPMs disabled because /usr/bin/applydeltarpm not installed
>
> After executing:
> yum install -y deltarpm
> The problem was fixed.
Okey dokey, I'll  add it the install script ...

> /**************************************************************/
>     cd $GS_HOME/dev/clients/tode1
>     ./pharo --help --vm-display-null
> /**************************************************************/
> The command pop up the attached Windows but it does not shown anything.
> (see the attached image)
> pharo-error-01.jpg <http://forum.world.st/file/n4901512/pharo-error-01.jpg>

This looks like the error we see on windows IIRC I wasn't able to find a
solution to that problem and it appeared to be "a known problem" for
windows.

As I think about this, the ./pharo script is supposed to run a headless
pharo anyway, so the  --vm-display-null may be the culprit in your case...

What happens when you do:

    cd $GS_HOME/dev/clients/tode1
    ./pharo --help

Dale

On 6/17/16 12:00 PM, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> On 6/17/16 11:13 AM, BrunoBB via Glass wrote:
>> Dale,
>>
>> /********************************************************/
>> I don't understand this requirement ... could you give me a bit more
>> information about the deltarpm lib? What error is it resolving?
>> /********************************************************/
>> At some point the server installation stop with:
>> Delta RPMs disabled because /usr/bin/applydeltarpm not installed
>>
>> After executing:
>> yum install -y deltarpm
>> The problem was fixed.
> Okey dokey, I'll  add it the install script ...
>>
>> /**************************************************************/
>>     cd $GS_HOME/dev/clients/tode1
>>     ./pharo --help --vm-display-null
>> /**************************************************************/
>> The command pop up the attached Windows but it does not shown anything.
>> (see the attached image)
>> pharo-error-01.jpg
>> <http://forum.world.st/file/n4901512/pharo-error-01.jpg>
>>
> This looks like the error we see on windows IIRC I wasn't able to find
> a solution to that problem and it appeared to be "a known problem" for
> windows.
>
> As I think about this, the ./pharo script is supposed to run a
> headless pharo anyway, so the  --vm-display-null may be the culprit in
> your case...
>
> What happens when you do:
>
>    cd $GS_HOME/dev/clients/tode1
>    ./pharo --help

I'm also interested in the result of:

    cd $GS_HOME/dev/clients/tode1
    ./pharo --help --nodisplay

Dale

Re: Installation on Centos 7 report

BrunoBB
Dale,

Both commands:
./pharo --help
./pharo --help --nodisplay

Pop ups the same window (the image is attached to a previous post)

Regards,
Bruno

Re: Installation on Centos 7 report

GLASS mailing list
OKay then that means that the default pharo script for running
"headless" does not work on CentOS which is a bit surprising ...

What do the following do (which ones if any succeed):

   ./pharo-vm/Pharo.app/Contents/MacOS/Pharo --help --nodisplay

   ./pharo-vm/Pharo.app/Contents/MacOS/Pharo --nodisplay --help

   ./pharo-vm/Pharo.app/Contents/MacOS/Pharo --headless --nodisplay --help

   ./pharo --nodisplay --help

On 6/17/16 11:36 AM, BrunoBB via Glass wrote:

> Dale,
>
> Both commands:
> ./pharo --help
> ./pharo --help --nodisplay
>
> Pop ups the same window (the image is attached to a previous post)
>
> Regards,
> Bruno

Re: Installation on Centos 7 report

GLASS mailing list
I realized that I sent you the path for the mac ... please look at the
./pharo script and use the appropriate vm path ... presumably
`pharo-vm/pharo` ...

Sorry about that ...

Dale

On 6/17/16 12:25 PM, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> OKay then that means that the default pharo script for running
> "headless" does not work on CentOS which is a bit surprising ...
>
> What do the following do (which ones if any succeed):
>
>   ./pharo-vm/Pharo.app/Contents/MacOS/Pharo --help --nodisplay
>
>   ./pharo-vm/Pharo.app/Contents/MacOS/Pharo --nodisplay --help
>
>   ./pharo-vm/Pharo.app/Contents/MacOS/Pharo --headless --nodisplay --help
>
>   ./pharo --nodisplay --help
>
>   ./pharo --headless --nodisplay --help
>
> Dale
>
> On 6/17/16 11:36 AM, BrunoBB via Glass wrote:
>> Dale,
>>
>> Both commands:
>> ./pharo --help
>> ./pharo --help --nodisplay
>>
>> Pop ups the same window (the image is attached to a previous post)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Bruno

Re: Installation on Centos 7 report

BrunoBB
Dale,

$ ./pharo-vm/Pharo.app/Contents/MacOS/Pharo --help --nodisplay
bash: ./pharo-vm/Pharo.app/Contents/MacOS/Pharo: No such file or directory

I think there is no directory "/pharo-vm/Pharo.app/Contents/MacOS/Pharo"

regards,
Bruno

PS all executions in the command line:
Usuario@localserver MINGW64 ~/GsDevKit_home/dev/clients/tode1 (master)
$ ./pharo-vm/Pharo.app/Contents/MacOS/Pharo --help --nodisplay

Usuario@localserver MINGW64 ~/GsDevKit_home/dev/clients/tode1 (master)
$ ./pharo-vm/Pharo.app/Contents/MacOS/Pharo --help --nodisplay
bash: ./pharo-vm/Pharo.app/Contents/MacOS/Pharo: No such file or directory

Usuario@localserver MINGW64 ~/GsDevKit_home/dev/clients/tode1 (master)
$ ./Pharo --help --nodisplay

Usuario@localserver MINGW64 ~/GsDevKit_home/dev/clients/tode1 (master)
$ Pharo --headless --nodisplay --help
bash: Pharo: command not found

Usuario@localserver MINGW64 ~/GsDevKit_home/dev/clients/tode1 (master)
$ ./Pharo --headless --nodisplay --help
Unknown option encountered!

Usuario@localserver MINGW64 ~/GsDevKit_home/dev/clients/tode1 (master)
$ ./Pharo --nodisplay --help
Unknown option encountered!

Usuario@localserver MINGW64 ~/GsDevKit_home/dev/clients/tode1 (master)
$ ./pharo-vm/Pharo.app/Contents/MacOS/Pharo --help --nodisplay
bash: ./pharo-vm/Pharo.app/Contents/MacOS/Pharo: No such file or directory

Usuario@localserver MINGW64 ~/GsDevKit_home/dev/clients/tode1 (master)
$ ./pharo-vm/Pharo.app/Contents/MacOS/Pharo --help --nodisplay

Re: Installation on Centos 7 report

BrunoBB
Dale,

Here is the report (it seems there is a conflict with "HP Simple Pass" of my notebook machine):

./pharo-vm/pharo --help --nodisplay
(same window pop up)

$ ./pharo-vm/pharo --nodisplay --help
Unknown option encountered!
(also open notebook touchpad window "HP Simple Pass")

$ ./pharo-vm/pharo --headless --nodisplay --help
Unknown option encountered!
(also open notebook touchpad window "HP Simple Pass")

./pharo --nodisplay --help
Unknown option encountered!
(also open notebook touchpad window "HP Simple Pass")

$ ./pharo --headless --nodisplay --help
Unknown option encountered!
(also open notebook touchpad window "HP Simple Pass")

Re: Installation on Centos 7 report

BrunoBB
Dale,

After uninstalling "HP SimplePass" from my notebook the same error:
$ ./pharo-vm/pharo --nodisplay --help
Unknown option encountered!

The same with other commands...

Regards,
Bruno

Re: Installation on Centos 7 report

GLASS mailing list
Are you running Centos or windows ... if you are running windows, then
we may not be out of the woods with the Windows patches and I would like
to know what the result of `uname -sm` is ...

... and now that I am looking at the windows code, it looked like a
missed a spot for the 64 bit _windows_ patch ...

Dale

On 6/17/16 12:29 PM, BrunoBB via Glass wrote:

> Dale,
>
> After uninstalling "HP SimplePass" from my notebook the same error:
> $ ./pharo-vm/pharo --nodisplay --help
> Unknown option encountered!
>
> The same with other commands...
>
> Regards,
> Bruno

Re: Installation on Centos 7 report

BrunoBB
Dale,

Yes i'm running Centos on Windows 8 with VMWare Player.

$ uname -sm
MINGW64_NT-6.2 x86_64

Regards,
Bruno

Re: Installation on Centos 7 report

GLASS mailing list
... and you are trying to install the client on your windows machine or
in the centos vm?

On 6/17/16 12:43 PM, BrunoBB via Glass wrote:

> Dale,
>
> Yes i'm running Centos on Windows 8 with VMWare Player.
>
> $ uname -sm
> MINGW64_NT-6.2 x86_64
>
> Regards,
> Bruno

Re: Installation on Centos 7 report

GLASS mailing list
I've just committed aditional fix for Issue #126[1] --- that should fix
the pharo client download errors for Windows ... please update your
checkout on the windows client and try again:

   updateGsDevKit -g

   deleteClient tode1

   createClient tode1

Let me know if you hit additional problems on your windows client as
there may indeed be more spots that I've missed ...

I'm sorry but I spent most of the morning thinking that you were having
trouble installing a client on CentOS instead of Windows ... sorry for
wasting your time...

Dale

[1]
https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/commit/72b3ccbe6fc7c826e014d657897d3fd8ed68645f

On 6/17/16 12:43 PM, BrunoBB via Glass wrote:

> Dale,
>
> Yes i'm running Centos on Windows 8 with VMWare Player.
>
> $ uname -sm
> MINGW64_NT-6.2 x86_64
>
> Regards,
> Bruno

Re: Installation on Centos 7 report

GLASS mailing list
Bruno,

I've added `yum install -y deltarp` to the os install prereqs script ...
if you could test this on a virgin centos vm and let me know if that
works for you that would really be helpful.

Dale

[1]
https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/commit/ec42f736fd1a4149314d0aba608be6d66cb4820b

/***************************************************************************/
... and you are trying to install the client on your windows machine or
in the centos vm?
/***************************************************************************/

The Centos server is headless (no gui). The client has to run on the Windows machine.

Regards,
Bruno

Re: Installation on Centos 7 report

GLASS mailing list
I understand that ... now ... I didn't know that you were doing that at
the time ... in fact very early on I recognized that the problem was
similar to a problem that I'd seen on windows before, but since you were
"installing a client on CentOs" I treated it as a separate problem ..

BTW, I recognized that I had added the ` yum -y install deltarpm`
without a `sudo` in front ... I've fixed that now ...

Dale

On 6/17/16 1:54 PM, BrunoBB via Glass wrote:

> Dale,
>
> /***************************************************************************/
> ... and you are trying to install the client on your windows machine or
> in the centos vm?
> /***************************************************************************/
>
> The Centos server is headless (no gui). The client has to run on the Windows
> machine.
>
> Regards,
> Bruno

Re: Installation on Centos 7 report

BrunoBB
Dale,

It seems that your script fixed the issue:
   updateGsDevKit -g

   deleteClient tode1

   createClient tode1

I can open the tODE image although "Tools" and "Windows" on tODE main menu are disabled.

regards
bruno

Re: Installation on Centos 7 report

BrunoBB
I can open the tODE image although "Tools" and "Windows" on tODE main menu are disabled.

Forgot this question...

It happend that i do NOT finished all steps  :(

I have to finish the steps first !

Regards,
Bruno
12