Package name prefix-matching (was: modularity goals (was: The Trunk: ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1.mcz))

12

Package name prefix-matching (was: modularity goals (was: The Trunk: ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1.mcz))

Chris Muller-3
>> PS -- Since it was for aesthetic reasons, it would be better and more
>> consistent if it were named "ToolBuilder-Tests" instead of
>> "ToolBuilderTests".
>
> Sure, but then Monticello forces you to have as many packages as there are
> ToolBuilder-Foo thingies, right?  That's ok for ToolBuilder, but for Tools

I was talking about ToolBuilder-*, not Tools.  The other packages in
the family are

  ToolBuilder-Morphic
  ToolBuilder-MVC
  ToolBuilder-SUnit

Whoa!  ALL of which have no definitions!  Frank is this something you
modularized out?  So we should somehow remove these WorkingCopy's from
the trunk image.  Via some postscript perhaps?

> it doesn't fly.  It forces
> Tools-Deployment-Base, Tools-Deployment-Browser, Tools-Deployment-Debugger
> et al so one can have Tools-Deployment & Tools-Tests.  This is better
> long-term (can pattern e.g. match off Foo-Deployment) but more work up-front
> than moving Tools-Tests to ToolsTests.

I don't know whether something changed recently but...  What I
remember encountering was that clicking "Browse" on, i.e., Tools in
the MC browser would show me everything in the image that was prefixed
with "Tools", INCLUDING "Tools-Tests".

For that reason, when I decided to extract a "-Tests" package from
Magma, I had to rename the original categories (which had no suffix)
with a "-Core" suffix as well as the package.  I developed the "rename
package..." function of the MC Browser for this purpose.

Now, however, browsing "Tools" gives me only those categories starting
with "Tools-".  So, maybe something changed.

So, you're right, I would not rename ToolsTests to Tools-Tests.  But
nor would I choose the "Deployment" nomenclature if we decided to
tackle it.  Something else..

Re: Package name prefix-matching (was: modularity goals (was: The Trunk: ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1.mcz))

Eliot Miranda-2

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 4:21 PM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> PS -- Since it was for aesthetic reasons, it would be better and more
>> consistent if it were named "ToolBuilder-Tests" instead of
>> "ToolBuilderTests".
>
> Sure, but then Monticello forces you to have as many packages as there are
> ToolBuilder-Foo thingies, right?  That's ok for ToolBuilder, but for Tools

I was talking about ToolBuilder-*, not Tools.

It's an example.  ToolBuilder is easy cuz there's a package called ToolBuilder-Kernel.  Look at Tools and you'll see the more general naming issue.

 The other packages in
the family are

  ToolBuilder-Morphic
  ToolBuilder-MVC
  ToolBuilder-SUnit

Whoa!  ALL of which have no definitions!  Frank is this something you
modularized out?  So we should somehow remove these WorkingCopy's from
the trunk image.  Via some postscript perhaps?

> it doesn't fly.  It forces
> Tools-Deployment-Base, Tools-Deployment-Browser, Tools-Deployment-Debugger
> et al so one can have Tools-Deployment & Tools-Tests.  This is better
> long-term (can pattern e.g. match off Foo-Deployment) but more work up-front
> than moving Tools-Tests to ToolsTests.

I don't know whether something changed recently but...  What I
remember encountering was that clicking "Browse" on, i.e., Tools in
the MC browser would show me everything in the image that was prefixed
with "Tools", INCLUDING "Tools-Tests".

Yes.  But we're talking about splitting things into packages.  If you split, say. Tools-Browser into its own package you can't have Tools-Base, Tools-Debugger, et al in the same package.  They *all* have to go into separate packages.

For that reason, when I decided to extract a "-Tests" package from
Magma, I had to rename the original categories (which had no suffix)
with a "-Core" suffix as well as the package.  I developed the "rename
package..." function of the MC Browser for this purpose.

Now, however, browsing "Tools" gives me only those categories starting
with "Tools-".  So, maybe something changed.

So, you're right, I would not rename ToolsTests to Tools-Tests.  But
nor would I choose the "Deployment" nomenclature if we decided to
tackle it.  Something else..

Good short words much preferred.  Deployment is an awful mouthful.

--
best,
Eliot

Re: Package name prefix-matching (was: modularity goals (was: The Trunk: ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1.mcz))

Frank Shearar-3
n 10 December 2013 00:21, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> PS -- Since it was for aesthetic reasons, it would be better and more
>>> consistent if it were named "ToolBuilder-Tests" instead of
>>> "ToolBuilderTests".
>>
>> Sure, but then Monticello forces you to have as many packages as there are
>> ToolBuilder-Foo thingies, right?  That's ok for ToolBuilder, but for Tools
>
> I was talking about ToolBuilder-*, not Tools.  The other packages in
> the family are
>
>   ToolBuilder-Morphic
>   ToolBuilder-MVC
>   ToolBuilder-SUnit
>
> Whoa!  ALL of which have no definitions!  Frank is this something you
> modularized out?  So we should somehow remove these WorkingCopy's from
> the trunk image.  Via some postscript perhaps?

Nah, I just did the wrong thing. Worse, I even paused to think about
the package name before doing the wrong thing. The question is: how to
rename the package? It's trivial to rename the package through the UI.
But now I have a ToolBuilderTests-fbs.2. Is the right thing to do the
following?:
* rename the mcz to ToolBuilder-Tests-fbs.2
* copy that to trunk
* change the config map to reference this instead of ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1

frank

cbc

Re: Package name prefix-matching (was: modularity goals (was: The Trunk: ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1.mcz))

cbc
In general renaming mcz files is a way to mess up your day.  mcz files have an internal identifier which is independent of the file name.  What this means is that version histories will try to look up the previous version by file name but then decide that the file found isn't the right one, and refuse to do nice things.

At least,that's what I remember from trying to rename mcz files in the past.

-cbc

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 12:10 PM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
n 10 December 2013 00:21, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> PS -- Since it was for aesthetic reasons, it would be better and more
>>> consistent if it were named "ToolBuilder-Tests" instead of
>>> "ToolBuilderTests".
>>
>> Sure, but then Monticello forces you to have as many packages as there are
>> ToolBuilder-Foo thingies, right?  That's ok for ToolBuilder, but for Tools
>
> I was talking about ToolBuilder-*, not Tools.  The other packages in
> the family are
>
>   ToolBuilder-Morphic
>   ToolBuilder-MVC
>   ToolBuilder-SUnit
>
> Whoa!  ALL of which have no definitions!  Frank is this something you
> modularized out?  So we should somehow remove these WorkingCopy's from
> the trunk image.  Via some postscript perhaps?

Nah, I just did the wrong thing. Worse, I even paused to think about
the package name before doing the wrong thing. The question is: how to
rename the package? It's trivial to rename the package through the UI.
But now I have a ToolBuilderTests-fbs.2. Is the right thing to do the
following?:
* rename the mcz to ToolBuilder-Tests-fbs.2
* copy that to trunk
* change the config map to reference this instead of ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1

frank

Re: Package name prefix-matching (was: modularity goals (was: The Trunk: ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1.mcz))

Eliot Miranda-2
That won't help.  There are two files "version" & "package" in the mcz that know what the package is really called.  If you write a tool to rewrite those u may get lucky but easier is to rename in the Monticello browser or write a script to do the same in the image.

Eliot (phone)

On 10 December 2013 22:30, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
> That won't help.  There are two files "version" & "package" in the mcz that know what the package is really called.  If you write a tool to rewrite those u may get lucky but easier is to rename in the Monticello browser or write a script to do the same in the image.

I did that. Right click, rename package, then save. That results in a
ToolBuilderTests-fbs.2 with the correct changes (as in the system
categories have been changed). But I suspect that having a package
"ToolBuilder-Tests" in mczs named "ToolBuilderTests" will wreak havoc
with developers and tools alike.

One option is to roll back time, and
* revert to the pre-split ToolBuilder-Kernel,
* delete the ToolBuilderTests mczs from trunk,
* resplit with the correct name,
* adjust the config

Except. Except that Levente issued a new config map, so we have at
least two config maps containing "ToolBuilderTests", so deleting mczs
is a really bad idea.

frank

frank

> Eliot (phone)

>>> I was talking about ToolBuilder-*, not Tools.  The other packages in
>>> the family are
>>>
>>>  ToolBuilder-Morphic
>>>  ToolBuilder-MVC
>>>  ToolBuilder-SUnit
>>>
>>> Whoa!  ALL of which have no definitions!  Frank is this something you
>>> modularized out?  So we should somehow remove these WorkingCopy's from
>>> the trunk image.  Via some postscript perhaps?
>>
>> Nah, I just did the wrong thing. Worse, I even paused to think about
>> the package name before doing the wrong thing. The question is: how to
>> rename the package? It's trivial to rename the package through the UI.
>> But now I have a ToolBuilderTests-fbs.2. Is the right thing to do the
>> following?:
>> * rename the mcz to ToolBuilder-Tests-fbs.2
>> * copy that to trunk
>> * change the config map to reference this instead of ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1
>>
>> frank

Re: Package name prefix-matching (was: modularity goals (was: The Trunk: ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1.mcz))

Nicolas Cellier
In extreme situation, we can overwrite a mcm update map...

2013/12/10 Frank Shearar <[hidden email]>
On 10 December 2013 22:30, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
> That won't help.  There are two files "version" & "package" in the mcz that know what the package is really called.  If you write a tool to rewrite those u may get lucky but easier is to rename in the Monticello browser or write a script to do the same in the image.

I did that. Right click, rename package, then save. That results in a
ToolBuilderTests-fbs.2 with the correct changes (as in the system
categories have been changed). But I suspect that having a package
"ToolBuilder-Tests" in mczs named "ToolBuilderTests" will wreak havoc
with developers and tools alike.

One option is to roll back time, and
* revert to the pre-split ToolBuilder-Kernel,
* delete the ToolBuilderTests mczs from trunk,
* resplit with the correct name,
* adjust the config

Except. Except that Levente issued a new config map, so we have at
least two config maps containing "ToolBuilderTests", so deleting mczs
is a really bad idea.

frank

frank

> Eliot (phone)

>>> I was talking about ToolBuilder-*, not Tools.  The other packages in
>>> the family are
>>>
>>>  ToolBuilder-Morphic
>>>  ToolBuilder-MVC
>>>  ToolBuilder-SUnit
>>>
>>> Whoa!  ALL of which have no definitions!  Frank is this something you
>>> modularized out?  So we should somehow remove these WorkingCopy's from
>>> the trunk image.  Via some postscript perhaps?
>>
>> Nah, I just did the wrong thing. Worse, I even paused to think about
>> the package name before doing the wrong thing. The question is: how to
>> rename the package? It's trivial to rename the package through the UI.
>> But now I have a ToolBuilderTests-fbs.2. Is the right thing to do the
>> following?:
>> * rename the mcz to ToolBuilder-Tests-fbs.2
>> * copy that to trunk
>> * change the config map to reference this instead of ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1
>>
>> frank

Re: Package name prefix-matching (was: modularity goals (was: The Trunk: ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1.mcz))

Chris Muller-4
Since there is no ancestry yet, you can remove the ancestry and start over:

- Delete working copy ToolBuilderTests.
- Add ToolBuilderTests back (+Package button).  Ancestry is now clean.
- Use the rename function from the menu to rename ToolBuilderTests to
ToolBuilder-Tests.
- Save ToolBuilder-Tests-fbs.1.
- delete ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1 from the repository.

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 2:10 PM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Sure, but then Monticello forces you to have as many packages as there are
>>> ToolBuilder-Foo thingies, right?  That's ok for ToolBuilder, but for Tools
>>
>> I was talking about ToolBuilder-*, not Tools.  The other packages in
>> the family are
>>
>>   ToolBuilder-Morphic
>>   ToolBuilder-MVC
>>   ToolBuilder-SUnit
>>
>> Whoa!  ALL of which have no definitions!  Frank is this something you
>> modularized out?  So we should somehow remove these WorkingCopy's from
>> the trunk image.  Via some postscript perhaps?
>
> Nah, I just did the wrong thing. Worse, I even paused to think about
> the package name before doing the wrong thing. The question is: how to
> rename the package? It's trivial to rename the package through the UI.
> But now I have a ToolBuilderTests-fbs.2. Is the right thing to do the
> following?:
> * rename the mcz to ToolBuilder-Tests-fbs.2
> * copy that to trunk
> * change the config map to reference this instead of ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1
>
> frank

Re: Package name prefix-matching (was: modularity goals (was: The Trunk: ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1.mcz))

Chris Muller-4
- delete ToolBuilderTests-fbs.2  too, since you have its code in the new -1.

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 8:17 PM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Since there is no ancestry yet, you can remove the ancestry and start over:
>
> - Delete working copy ToolBuilderTests.
> - Add ToolBuilderTests back (+Package button).  Ancestry is now clean.
> - Use the rename function from the menu to rename ToolBuilderTests to
> ToolBuilder-Tests.
> - Save ToolBuilder-Tests-fbs.1.
> - delete ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1 from the repository.

>>> I was talking about ToolBuilder-*, not Tools.  The other packages in
>>> the family are
>>>
>>>   ToolBuilder-Morphic
>>>   ToolBuilder-MVC
>>>   ToolBuilder-SUnit
>>>
>>> Whoa!  ALL of which have no definitions!  Frank is this something you
>>> modularized out?  So we should somehow remove these WorkingCopy's from
>>> the trunk image.  Via some postscript perhaps?
>>
>> Nah, I just did the wrong thing. Worse, I even paused to think about
>> the package name before doing the wrong thing. The question is: how to
>> rename the package? It's trivial to rename the package through the UI.
>> But now I have a ToolBuilderTests-fbs.2. Is the right thing to do the
>> following?:
>> * rename the mcz to ToolBuilder-Tests-fbs.2
>> * copy that to trunk
>> * change the config map to reference this instead of ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1
>>
>> frank

Re: Package name prefix-matching (was: modularity goals (was: The Trunk: ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1.mcz))

Frank Shearar-3
Thanks, Chris. I've prepped the changes, and I'll push them tonight.

frank

On 11 December 2013 02:19, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> - delete ToolBuilderTests-fbs.2  too, since you have its code in the new -1.
>
> On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 8:17 PM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Since there is no ancestry yet, you can remove the ancestry and start over:
>>
>> - Delete working copy ToolBuilderTests.
>> - Add ToolBuilderTests back (+Package button).  Ancestry is now clean.
>> - Use the rename function from the menu to rename ToolBuilderTests to
>> ToolBuilder-Tests.
>> - Save ToolBuilder-Tests-fbs.1.
>> - delete ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1 from the repository.

>>> Nah, I just did the wrong thing. Worse, I even paused to think about
>>> the package name before doing the wrong thing. The question is: how to
>>> rename the package? It's trivial to rename the package through the UI.
>>> But now I have a ToolBuilderTests-fbs.2. Is the right thing to do the
>>> following?:
>>> * rename the mcz to ToolBuilder-Tests-fbs.2
>>> * copy that to trunk
>>> * change the config map to reference this instead of ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1
>>>
>>> frank

Re: Package name prefix-matching (was: modularity goals (was: The Trunk: ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1.mcz))

Frank Shearar-3
OK, I think I've done the right thing - mind giving it a check?

frank

On 11 December 2013 11:20, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks, Chris. I've prepped the changes, and I'll push them tonight.
>
> frank
>
> On 11 December 2013 02:19, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> - delete ToolBuilderTests-fbs.2  too, since you have its code in the new -1.
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 8:17 PM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Since there is no ancestry yet, you can remove the ancestry and start over:
>>>
>>> - Delete working copy ToolBuilderTests.
>>> - Add ToolBuilderTests back (+Package button).  Ancestry is now clean.
>>> - Use the rename function from the menu to rename ToolBuilderTests to
>>> ToolBuilder-Tests.
>>> - Save ToolBuilder-Tests-fbs.1.
>>> - delete ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1 from the repository.

Re: Package name prefix-matching (was: modularity goals (was: The Trunk: ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1.mcz))

Frank Shearar-3
Despite the lack of a ToolBuilderTests, and the presence of a
ToolBuilder-Tests package, Monticello Browser tells me that I have a
ToolBuilderTests, not a ToolBuilder-Tests.

frank

On 11 December 2013 20:56, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> OK, I think I've done the right thing - mind giving it a check?
>
> frank
>
> On 11 December 2013 11:20, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Thanks, Chris. I've prepped the changes, and I'll push them tonight.
>>
>> frank
>>
>> On 11 December 2013 02:19, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> - delete ToolBuilderTests-fbs.2  too, since you have its code in the new -1.

Re: Package name prefix-matching (was: modularity goals (was: The Trunk: ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1.mcz))

Chris Muller-3
I have ToolBuilder-Tests after updating from trunk.  I unloaded ToolBuilderTests.

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 12:37 PM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Despite the lack of a ToolBuilderTests, and the presence of a
ToolBuilder-Tests package, Monticello Browser tells me that I have a
ToolBuilderTests, not a ToolBuilder-Tests.

frank

On 11 December 2013 20:56, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> OK, I think I've done the right thing - mind giving it a check?
>
> frank
>
> On 11 December 2013 11:20, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Thanks, Chris. I've prepped the changes, and I'll push them tonight.
>>
>> frank
>>
>> On 11 December 2013 02:19, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> - delete ToolBuilderTests-fbs.2  too, since you have its code in the new -1.

Re: Package name prefix-matching (was: modularity goals (was: The Trunk: ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1.mcz))

Frank Shearar-3
Ah, but that unloading was manual?

frank

On 12 December 2013 19:16, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have ToolBuilder-Tests after updating from trunk.  I unloaded
> ToolBuilderTests.
>

> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 12:37 PM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Despite the lack of a ToolBuilderTests, and the presence of a
>> ToolBuilder-Tests package, Monticello Browser tells me that I have a
>> ToolBuilderTests, not a ToolBuilder-Tests.
>>
>> frank
>>
>> On 11 December 2013 20:56, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > OK, I think I've done the right thing - mind giving it a check?
>> >
>> > frank

Re: Package name prefix-matching (was: modularity goals (was: The Trunk: ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1.mcz))

Chris Muller-3
So?

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ah, but that unloading was manual?

frank

On 12 December 2013 19:16, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have ToolBuilder-Tests after updating from trunk.  I unloaded
> ToolBuilderTests.
>

> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 12:37 PM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Despite the lack of a ToolBuilderTests, and the presence of a
>> ToolBuilder-Tests package, Monticello Browser tells me that I have a
>> ToolBuilderTests, not a ToolBuilder-Tests.
>>
>> frank
>>
>> On 11 December 2013 20:56, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > OK, I think I've done the right thing - mind giving it a check?
>> >
>> > frank

Re: Package name prefix-matching (was: modularity goals (was: The Trunk: ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1.mcz))

Chris Muller-3
Updating from the lastest alpha image, which is how we'll produce release image, will never get ToolBuilderTests.

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ah, but that unloading was manual?

frank

On 12 December 2013 19:16, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have ToolBuilder-Tests after updating from trunk.  I unloaded
> ToolBuilderTests.
>

> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 12:37 PM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Despite the lack of a ToolBuilderTests, and the presence of a
>> ToolBuilder-Tests package, Monticello Browser tells me that I have a
>> ToolBuilderTests, not a ToolBuilder-Tests.
>>
>> frank
>>
>> On 11 December 2013 20:56, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > OK, I think I've done the right thing - mind giving it a check?
>> >
>> > frank

Re: Package name prefix-matching (was: modularity goals (was: The Trunk: ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1.mcz))

Frank Shearar-3
No. Updating from the latest alpha image is what I did, and definitely
does have ToolBuilderTests. Look in the manifest of the latest
SqueakTrunk build
(http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/667/console):

<snip>
2013-12-12T02:46:47.668000014+01:00: ToolBuilderTests (fbs.1)
2013-12-12T02:46:47.668000015+01:00: Tools (nice.508)
2013-12-12T02:46:47.668000016+01:00: ToolsTests (fbs.67)
<snip>

frank

On 12 December 2013 19:48, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Updating from the lastest alpha image, which is how we'll produce release
> image, will never get ToolBuilderTests.
>

> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Ah, but that unloading was manual?
>>
>> frank
>>
>> On 12 December 2013 19:16, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > I have ToolBuilder-Tests after updating from trunk.  I unloaded
>> > ToolBuilderTests.
>> >

>> > On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 12:37 PM, Frank Shearar
>> > <[hidden email]>

Re: Package name prefix-matching (was: modularity goals (was: The Trunk: ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1.mcz))

Chris Muller-4
update-fbs.270

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> No. Updating from the latest alpha image is what I did, and definitely
> does have ToolBuilderTests. Look in the manifest of the latest
> SqueakTrunk build
> (http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/667/console):
>
> <snip>
> 2013-12-12T02:46:47.668000014+01:00: ToolBuilderTests (fbs.1)
> 2013-12-12T02:46:47.668000015+01:00: Tools (nice.508)
> 2013-12-12T02:46:47.668000016+01:00: ToolsTests (fbs.67)
> <snip>
>
> frank
>
> On 12 December 2013 19:48, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Updating from the lastest alpha image, which is how we'll produce release
>> image, will never get ToolBuilderTests.
>>

>> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Ah, but that unloading was manual?
>>>
>>> frank

Re: Package name prefix-matching (was: modularity goals (was: The Trunk: ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1.mcz))

Frank Shearar-3
I have no idea what you mean. Yes, the config map exists, and I know
very well why the package is in the image. What I _don't_ know is how
to fix the problem. Bear in mind that the latest config map is 272!

Do I add a postscript to ToolBuilder-Tests that unregisters ToolBuilderTests?

frank

On 12 December 2013 20:42, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> update-fbs.270
>
> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> No. Updating from the latest alpha image is what I did, and definitely
>> does have ToolBuilderTests. Look in the manifest of the latest
>> SqueakTrunk build
>> (http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/667/console):
>>
>> <snip>
>> 2013-12-12T02:46:47.668000014+01:00: ToolBuilderTests (fbs.1)
>> 2013-12-12T02:46:47.668000015+01:00: Tools (nice.508)
>> 2013-12-12T02:46:47.668000016+01:00: ToolsTests (fbs.67)
>> <snip>
>>
>> frank
>>
>> On 12 December 2013 19:48, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Updating from the lastest alpha image, which is how we'll produce release
>>> image, will never get ToolBuilderTests.

Re: Package name prefix-matching (was: modularity goals (was: The Trunk: ToolBuilderTests-fbs.1.mcz))

Chris Muller-4
I guess I meant that when we're in such a messed-up alpha state
anyway, there's no harm in simply correcting it in update-fbs.270.

12