Simulating Metacello

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
I know I can do a #record to see what Metacello would load, but I'd like to do two more queries:
* what would Metacello load if nothing specified by the configuration was loaded
* what would Metacello load if I was on platform X e.g. Pharo 2.0

How would I go about that? It would greatly ease testing configs...

Thanks.
Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Simulating Metacello

Dale Henrichs
Sean,

With the current version the the first query is not easily done. With the new version of Metacello (still in the oven) the state of the image is NOT used (instead configurations are recorded in a registry as they are loaded), so with the new version you should be able to do that query by removing the configuration from the registry (temporarily) and doing a record.

The second query should be relatively easy to do ... Allow the user to ovverride  `MetacelloPlatform current defaultPlatformAttributes` to return a different list of attrbutes ...

Dale

| I know I can do a #record to see what Metacello would load, but I'd
| like to
| do two more queries:
| * what would Metacello load if nothing specified by the configuration
| was
| loaded
| * what would Metacello load if I was on platform X e.g. Pharo 2.0
|
| How would I go about that? It would greatly ease testing configs...
|
| Thanks.
| Sean

Re: Simulating Metacello

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi. Just wanted to say a +1 to Sean questions. I was often wanting the same :)

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 8:43 PM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sean,

With the current version the the first query is not easily done. With the new version of Metacello (still in the oven) the state of the image is NOT used (instead configurations are recorded in a registry as they are loaded), so with the new version you should be able to do that query by removing the configuration from the registry (temporarily) and doing a record.

The second query should be relatively easy to do ... Allow the user to ovverride  `MetacelloPlatform current defaultPlatformAttributes` to return a different list of attrbutes ...

Dale

| I know I can do a #record to see what Metacello would load, but I'd
| like to
| do two more queries:
| * what would Metacello load if nothing specified by the configuration
| was
| loaded
| * what would Metacello load if I was on platform X e.g. Pharo 2.0
|
| How would I go about that? It would greatly ease testing configs...
|
| Thanks.
| Sean
|
| --

Mariano