Squeak4.5 FreeType Plus cannot be loaded

Squeak4.5 FreeType Plus cannot be loaded

liang bing
Hi,list
Squeak4.5    FreeType Plus cannot be loaded.

i want to load Chinese font into Squeak 4.5 and use it.

Liang
I love Smalltalk

Re: Squeak4.5 FreeType Plus cannot be loaded

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Mon, 24 Feb 2014, liang bing wrote:

> Hi,list
> Squeak4.5    FreeType Plus cannot be loaded.

I think Tim made some changes to font handling, which need to be adapted
to FreeType to make it work.

Levente

> i want to load Chinese font into Squeak 4.5 and use it.
>

> Liang

Re: Squeak4.5 FreeType Plus cannot be loaded

timrowledge

On 24-02-2014, at 8:56 AM, Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Feb 2014, liang bing wrote:
>
>> Hi,list
>> Squeak4.5    FreeType Plus cannot be loaded.
>
> I think Tim made some changes to font handling, which need to be adapted to FreeType to make it work.

That’s certainly possible. When Nicolas & I did the clean-up stuff last year I think we left the FreeType stuff alone because of… some reason or other. I *think* it was a good reason rather than laziness but no promises.

tim
Oxymorons: Temporary tax increase

Re: Squeak4.5 FreeType Plus cannot be loaded

Nicolas Cellier

On 24-02-2014, at 8:56 AM, Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Feb 2014, liang bing wrote:
>
>> Hi,list
>> Squeak4.5    FreeType Plus cannot be loaded.
>
> I think Tim made some changes to font handling, which need to be adapted to FreeType to make it work.

That’s certainly possible. When Nicolas & I did the clean-up stuff last year I think we left the FreeType stuff alone because of… some reason or other. I *think* it was a good reason rather than laziness but no promises.

I can't remember, and I don't have access to it right now, but I think that I made a local copy of FreeType work.
The next problem will be where to upload this work...
Is the FreeType repository on squeaksource still maintained?

Nicolas

tim
Oxymorons: Temporary tax increase

Re: Squeak4.5 FreeType Plus cannot be loaded

Nicolas Cellier

On 24-02-2014, at 8:56 AM, Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Feb 2014, liang bing wrote:
>
>> Hi,list
>> Squeak4.5    FreeType Plus cannot be loaded.
>
> I think Tim made some changes to font handling, which need to be adapted to FreeType to make it work.

That’s certainly possible. When Nicolas & I did the clean-up stuff last year I think we left the FreeType stuff alone because of… some reason or other. I *think* it was a good reason rather than laziness but no promises.

I can't remember, and I don't have access to it right now, but I think that I made a local copy of FreeType work.
The next problem will be where to upload this work...
Is the FreeType repository on squeaksource still maintained?

Nicolas

... and I also remember that FreeType is also desperately slow because it handles (displays) one character at a time...
But let's first make it work, we'll see later how to make it fast.

Ah, I didn't even remember that I had opened http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/FreeTypePlus for that purpose...

tim
Oxymorons: Temporary tax increase

Re: Squeak4.5 FreeType Plus cannot be loaded

liang bing
Hi,

Thank your answer!

http://ss3.gemstone.com/ss/FreeTypePlus    This works fine in Squeak 4.5!

but there is a small problem in Class Locale (>>localeChanged  class side)

Squeak 4.4
localeChanged

        #(#ParagraphEditor #BitEditor #FormEditor #StandardSystemController )
                do: [:key | Smalltalk
                                at: key
                                ifPresent: [:class | class initialize]].
        PartsBin localeChanged.
        Project localeChanged.
        PaintBoxMorph localeChanged.
        ColorPickerMorph localeChanged.
        Preferences localeChanged

Squeak 4.5
localeChanged
        self class environment allBehaviorsDo: [:b | b localeChanged].

Environment class does not implement method >> allBehaviorsDo:

 Liang
I love Smalltalk