Squeaksource.com swiki formatting ?

timrowledge
I’ve been updating the project page for the WeatherStation project (latest release now available for your weather-obsessing pleasure!) and made the brave decision to edit the attached swiki to include the Python and Arduino code for some of the sensors.

For reasons I don’t get, the <code> tags don’t stop the comment lines starting with $# from getting listified, nor the formatting {0:0.2f} from being smilified. Does anyone know how to work around that?

Swiki page in question at http://www.squeaksource.com/@Ut-0Uqn7YfXwOgK9/FNflYLS5

tim
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Re: Squeaksource.com swiki formatting ?

Levente Uzonyi
On Sat, 1 Apr 2017, tim Rowledge wrote:

> I’ve been updating the project page for the WeatherStation project (latest release now available for your weather-obsessing pleasure!) and made the brave decision to edit the attached swiki to include the Python and Arduino code for some of the sensors.
>
> For reasons I don’t get, the <code> tags don’t stop the comment lines starting with $# from getting listified, nor the formatting {0:0.2f} from being smilified. Does anyone know how to work around that?
>
> Swiki page in question at http://www.squeaksource.com/@Ut-0Uqn7YfXwOgK9/FNflYLS5

Such links cannot be shared. They expire in 10 minutes or so. Also, they
contain your session information (first random character sequence), so
you'd better not share them when you're logged in.

Levente

> tim
> Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

unsubscribe

Dat Nguyen-2

> I’ve been updating the project page for the WeatherStation project (latest release now available for your weather-obsessing pleasure!) and made the brave decision to edit the attached swiki to include the Python and Arduino code for some of the sensors.
>
> For reasons I don’t get, the <code> tags don’t stop the comment lines starting with $# from getting listified, nor the formatting {0:0.2f} from being smilified. Does anyone know how to work around that?
>
> Swiki page in question at http://www.squeaksource.com/@Ut-0Uqn7YfXwOgK9/FNflYLS5

Such links cannot be shared. They expire in 10 minutes or so. Also, they
contain your session information (first random character sequence), so
you'd better not share them when you're logged in.

Levente

> tim

> Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Re: Squeaksource.com swiki formatting ?

Tobias Pape

> On 02.04.2017, at 04:02, Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Sat, 1 Apr 2017, tim Rowledge wrote:
>
>> I’ve been updating the project page for the WeatherStation project (latest release now available for your weather-obsessing pleasure!) and made the brave decision to edit the attached swiki to include the Python and Arduino code for some of the sensors.
>> For reasons I don’t get, the <code> tags don’t stop the comment lines starting with $# from getting listified, nor the formatting {0:0.2f} from being smilified. Does anyone know how to work around that?
>>
>> Swiki page in question at http://www.squeaksource.com/@Ut-0Uqn7YfXwOgK9/FNflYLS5
>
> Such links cannot be shared. They expire in 10 minutes or so. Also, they
> contain your session information (first random character sequence), so you'd better not share them when you're logged in.

We really should go for SqueakSource3, where this is finally fixed.

> Levente
>

>> tim
>> --
>> tim Rowledge; [hidden email]; http://www.rowledge.org/tim
>> Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Re: Squeaksource.com swiki formatting ?

timrowledge

> On 01-04-2017, at 10:46 PM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> We really should go for SqueakSource3, where this is finally fixed.

OK; sounds interesting. Googling seems to imply nothing has been done with this since late 2011, which hardly seems possible. What is the current status and how would we migrate to using it?

tim
Nostalgia:  The good old days multiplied by a bad memory...

Re: Squeaksource.com swiki formatting ?

Tobias Pape

> On 02.04.2017, at 19:36, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 01-04-2017, at 10:46 PM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> We really should go for SqueakSource3, where this is finally fixed.
>
> OK; sounds interesting. Googling seems to imply nothing has been done with this since late 2011, which hardly seems possible. What is the current status and how would we migrate to using it?
>
> tim

I am currently the sole "maintainer".

See the most current instance at http://ss3.netshed.de/
Other instances:
        - (Nicolai Suslov) http://sdk.krestianstvo.org/ (current)
        - (HPI) http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/squeaksource/ (old version)
        - (GemStone) http://ss3.gemtalksystems.com/ (oldest version)

Code is at http://squeaksource.com/squeaksource3.html
Issues at https://github.com/krono/squeaksource3/issues

Runs on Seaside3. the HPI and GemTalk instances run on GemStone. It can also run on Squeak.
I maintain the HPI instance and only hat one unplanned outage in >4 years.

Some older resources:
- http://forum.world.st/ANN-SS3-the-canary-site-tt4696222.html
- http://forum.world.st/ANN-SqueakSource-3-RC-1-tt4076818.html

Migration is nothing automatic, but I have done this once for the HPI instance. It took a while to get right.
But it is nothing impossible, except for time…

Best regards
        -Tobias

> Nostalgia:  The good old days multiplied by a bad memory...

Re: Squeaksource.com swiki formatting ?

Chris Muller-3
I would recommend putting documentation on the _real_ Swiki, and
simply link to it from the mini-Swiki built into SqueakSource.