The Inbox: Collections-bf.496.mcz

12

The Inbox: Collections-bf.496.mcz

commits-2
A new version of Collections was added to project The Inbox:
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Collections-bf.496.mcz

Name: Collections-bf.496
Author: bf
Time: 6 December 2012, 7:15:56.137 pm
UUID: 1d1e83a0-08fb-427a-ae24-3fcd3029b8f2
Ancestors: Collections-ul.495

Cmd-0 should remove text colors.

=============== Diff against Collections-ul.495 ===============

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: TextColor>>dominatedByCmd0 (in category 'scanning') -----
+ dominatedByCmd0
+ "Cmd-0 should remove text color"
+ ^ true!

Re: The Inbox: Collections-bf.496.mcz

Chris Muller-3
Bert, could you please explain why you want this?  I hate this because
it means now there is no way to un-Italicize, un-bold, or
un-underline, colored text and leave it colored.  These types of text
decoration two are totally independent of each other, now they're
commingled?

Also, what if I'm doing base white-on-black, you want to hard-code us
to black text so we end up with black-on-black and unable to even see
it.

It's already so easy to switch text color to black:   Command+6 + Enter.

Isn't that easy enough without making it impossible for folks writing
documents in Squeak that contain colored text?

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 4:27 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> A new version of Collections was added to project The Inbox:
> http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Collections-bf.496.mcz

> Name: Collections-bf.496
> Author: bf
> Time: 6 December 2012, 7:15:56.137 pm
> UUID: 1d1e83a0-08fb-427a-ae24-3fcd3029b8f2
> Ancestors: Collections-ul.495
>
> Cmd-0 should remove text colors.
>
> =============== Diff against Collections-ul.495 ===============
>
> Item was added:
> + ----- Method: TextColor>>dominatedByCmd0 (in category 'scanning') -----
> + dominatedByCmd0
> +       "Cmd-0 should remove text color"
> +       ^ true!

Re: The Inbox: Collections-bf.496.mcz

Bert Freudenberg
On 2013-05-23, at 18:20, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Bert, could you please explain why you want this?

Cmd-0 is supposed to make something into plain text. Colored text is not plain text.

>  I hate this because
> it means now there is no way to un-Italicize, un-bold, or
> un-underline, colored text and leave it colored.  These types of text
> decoration two are totally independent of each other, now they're
> commingled?
>
> Also, what if I'm doing base white-on-black, you want to hard-code us
> to black text so we end up with black-on-black and unable to even see
> it.

Cmd-0 does not mean black text, it means use the default foreground color, by removing the color from the text.

> It's already so easy to switch text color to black:   Command+6 + Enter.

Sure, but I don't normally want to set the text to black. I want to make it plain.

> Isn't that easy enough without making it impossible for folks writing
> documents in Squeak that contain colored text?

Don't use Cmd-0 if you want to use text containing different colors. It's *supposed* to make the whole selection look uniform.

For a differently-colored background plain text should be displayed in color possibly different from black, I agree. But that color should *not* be encoded in the text itself, it should be a property of its display container, the one providing the background color.

- Bert -

> On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 4:27 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> A new version of Collections was added to project The Inbox:
>> http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Collections-bf.496.mcz

>> Name: Collections-bf.496
>> Author: bf
>> Time: 6 December 2012, 7:15:56.137 pm
>> UUID: 1d1e83a0-08fb-427a-ae24-3fcd3029b8f2
>> Ancestors: Collections-ul.495
>>
>> Cmd-0 should remove text colors.
>>
>> =============== Diff against Collections-ul.495 ===============
>>
>> Item was added:
>> + ----- Method: TextColor>>dominatedByCmd0 (in category 'scanning') -----
>> + dominatedByCmd0
>> +       "Cmd-0 should remove text color"
>> +       ^ true!

Re: The Inbox: Collections-bf.496.mcz

Chris Muller-3
>> Bert, could you please explain why you want this?
>
> Cmd-0 is supposed to make something into plain text. Colored text is not plain text.

Look at the consecutive key-sequence across the top-row of the keyboard.  In order from left-to-right we have:

  Command+7 = Bold, no color change
  Command+8 = Italicize, no color change
  Command+9 = Kern, no color change
  Command+0 = Normalize, PLUS a color change!
  Command+_ = Underline, no color change
  Command+= = Strikeout, no color change.

I think Command+6 should be the universal, one-stop, "Text Colorization" / "Decolorization" function and leave the rest of it elegantly consistent by operating solely on emphasis attributes.

The new Cmd+0 affects the gesture-usage of the system too.  Before, all combinations of going from any format+color to any another other format+color utilized a consistent sequence of gestures.  Now, we have an exceptional case for removing emphasis from colored text (e.g., going from Bold+Red to Normal+Red).

Question:  How will users keep the same custom-color when all they want to do is remove an underline?

This use-case is now very difficult for the user if not impossible.

>> It's already so easy to switch text color to black:   Command+6 + Enter.
>
> Sure, but I don't normally want to set the text to black. I want to make it plain.

Ok, how about adding "default color" to the Alt+6 menu then?  Or, how about an alternate key-sequence for "Normalize + Decolorize"?  Shift+Command+0 is available!  This would be perfect compromise.

>> Isn't that easy enough without making it impossible for folks writing
>> documents in Squeak that contain colored text?
>
> Don't use Cmd-0 if you want to use text containing different colors. It's *supposed* to make the whole selection look uniform.

But what do I use now if want to maintain different colors but just want to remove emphasis?  To do that before, it was the same consistent gesture-sequence as anything else.  Command+0, Command+6, Enter.  Done.  Now that's broken, especially for custom-colors.

> For a differently-colored background plain text should be displayed in color possibly different from black, I agree. But that color should *not* be encoded in the text itself, it should be a property of its display container, the one providing the background color.

I'm on-board with having a "nil" color as a text that causes it to render in whatever it's container says it should and having a gesture to set it such.  Glad we agree about that.

Would you please compromise with me -- it seems the shift key is used as an "enhanced" version of several hot-key functions throughout the system, and so Shift+Command+0 to inject the decolorization and leaving original Command+0 to remain consistent with [7] thru [=] to only remove emphasis, seems ideal, what do you think?

On 2013-05-23, at 21:35, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Bert, could you please explain why you want this?
>
> Cmd-0 is supposed to make something into plain text. Colored text is not plain text.

Look at the consecutive key-sequence across the top-row of the keyboard.  In order from left-to-right we have:

  Command+7 = Bold, no color change
  Command+8 = Italicize, no color change
  Command+9 = Kern, no color change
  Command+0 = Normalize, PLUS a color change!
  Command+_ = Underline, no color change
  Command+= = Strikeout, no color change.

Now you're being ridiculous:

Command+6 = Color, no underline change
Command+7 = Bold, no underline change
Command+8 = Italicize, no underline change
Command+9 = Kern, no underline change
Command+0 = Normalize, PLUS an underline change!
Command+_ = Underline change
Command+= = Strikeout, no underline change

Outrageous ;)

I think Command+6 should be the universal, one-stop, "Text Colorization" / "Decolorization" function and leave the rest of it elegantly consistent by operating solely on emphasis attributes.

The new Cmd+0 affects the gesture-usage of the system too.  Before, all combinations of going from any format+color to any another other format+color utilized a consistent sequence of gestures.  Now, we have an exceptional case for removing emphasis from colored text (e.g., going from Bold+Red to Normal+Red).

You seem to think of color as something special. I don't. It's just another way to make text fancy, instead of plain. Cmd-0 is intended to make text plain.

Question:  How will users keep the same custom-color when all they want to do is remove an underline?

Just like you do it in all other text editors: toggle underlining on and off: hit "Cmd _" twice.

This use-case is now very difficult for the user if not impossible.

Huh?

>> It's already so easy to switch text color to black:   Command+6 + Enter.
>
> Sure, but I don't normally want to set the text to black. I want to make it plain.

Ok, how about adding "default color" to the Alt+6 menu then?  Or, how about an alternate key-sequence for "Normalize + Decolorize"?  Shift+Command+0 is available!  This would be perfect compromise.

No. A more special operation should have a more complicated shortcut. "Remove all embellishments" is more general than "remove all embellishments but preserve colorization", so if you really need that special mode, that could be your new shortcut.

>> Isn't that easy enough without making it impossible for folks writing
>> documents in Squeak that contain colored text?
>
> Don't use Cmd-0 if you want to use text containing different colors. It's *supposed* to make the whole selection look uniform.

But what do I use now if want to maintain different colors but just want to remove emphasis?  To do that before, it was the same consistent gesture-sequence as anything else.  Command+0, Command+6, Enter.  Done.  Now that's broken, especially for custom-colors.

But then you would need many more command sequences:

a) remove all text attributes except color
b) remove all text attributes except underlines/strikethrough
c) remove all text attributes except bold/italic
... etc ...

This is obviously ridiculous. I just don't see why you think text color is so special that it needs to be treated completely differently than all the other text attributes.

> For a differently-colored background plain text should be displayed in color possibly different from black, I agree. But that color should *not* be encoded in the text itself, it should be a property of its display container, the one providing the background color.

I'm on-board with having a "nil" color as a text that causes it to render in whatever it's container says it should and having a gesture to set it such.  Glad we agree about that.

Would you please compromise with me -- it seems the shift key is used as an "enhanced" version of several hot-key functions throughout the system, and so Shift+Command+0 to inject the decolorization and leaving original Command+0 to remain consistent with [7] thru [=] to only remove emphasis, seems ideal, what do you think?

As I tried to explained above the only consistent way is for CMD-0 to remove all these text attribute. You're welcome to add "remove-all-but-color" as a special operation. I have *never* needed that, but I always was annoyed when I wanted to remove style, e.g. because a class comment was saved as all-red.

Seriously, I don't even understand how you could think this is controversial. Removing all text attributes *obviously* should remove text colors.

- Bert -

Cmd-0 (was: The Inbox: Collections-bf.496.mcz)

Bert Freudenberg
Giving this thread a proper subject (and one further comment below).

On 2013-05-23, at 21:35, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

Would you please compromise with me -- it seems the shift key is used as an "enhanced" version of several hot-key functions throughout the system, and so Shift+Command+0 to inject the decolorization and leaving original Command+0 to remain consistent with [7] thru [=] to only remove emphasis, seems ideal, what do you think?

As I tried to explained above the only consistent way is for CMD-0 to remove all these text attribute. You're welcome to add "remove-all-but-color" as a special operation. I have *never* needed that, but I always was annoyed when I wanted to remove style, e.g. because a class comment was saved as all-red.

Seriously, I don't even understand how you could think this is controversial. Removing all text attributes *obviously* should remove text colors.

Also, Chris, please read the command-key help, which explicitly states that Cmd-0 is intended to reset all Cmd-6 properties. I merely fixed a bug. It is unfortunate that you learned to rely on the buggy behavior. But I'm sure you're a great learner :)

- Bert -

Re: Cmd-0 (was: The Inbox: Collections-bf.496.mcz)

Chris Muller-3

On 2013-05-23, at 21:35, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Bert, could you please explain why you want this?
>
> Cmd-0 is supposed to make something into plain text. Colored text is not plain text.

Look at the consecutive key-sequence across the top-row of the keyboard.  In order from left-to-right we have:

  Command+7 = Bold, no color change
  Command+8 = Italicize, no color change
  Command+9 = Kern, no color change
  Command+0 = Normalize, PLUS a color change!
  Command+_ = Underline, no color change
  Command+= = Strikeout, no color change.

Now you're being ridiculous:

Command+6 = Color, no underline change
Command+7 = Bold, no underline change
Command+8 = Italicize, no underline change
Command+9 = Kern, no underline change
Command+0 = Normalize, PLUS an underline change!
Command+_ = Underline change
Command+= = Strikeout, no underline change

Outrageous ;)

Your list is not analogous to mine.

I do indeed regard color as a more-general form of emphasis than italics.  Any kind of informational object such as a line or chart can have color, but only Text can be italicized, underlined or struckout.  Previously, all of Cmd+7 thru Cmd+= only affected Text-specific emphasis.  Now, one of them also changes color.

I think Command+6 should be the universal, one-stop, "Text Colorization" / "Decolorization" function and leave the rest of it elegantly consistent by operating solely on emphasis attributes.

The new Cmd+0 affects the gesture-usage of the system too.  Before, all combinations of going from any format+color to any another other format+color utilized a consistent sequence of gestures.  Now, we have an exceptional case for removing emphasis from colored text (e.g., going from Bold+Red to Normal+Red).

You seem to think of color as something special. I don't. It's just another way to make text fancy, instead of plain. Cmd-0 is intended to make text plain.
Question:  How will users keep the same custom-color when all they want to do is remove an underline?

Just like you do it in all other text editors: toggle underlining on and off: hit "Cmd _" twice.
For some reason, I thought the toggling was broken -- that Cmd+7 would only add bold, not remove it.    I just tried it again and, it worked.  So, the situation is not as bad as I thought.

Still, the idempotent property of setting emphasis is now broken for colored text.  Not a huge deal, but still a downgrade.

This use-case is now very difficult for the user if not impossible.

Huh?

>> It's already so easy to switch text color to black:   Command+6 + Enter.
>
> Sure, but I don't normally want to set the text to black. I want to make it plain.

Ok, how about adding "default color" to the Alt+6 menu then?  Or, how about an alternate key-sequence for "Normalize + Decolorize"?  Shift+Command+0 is available!  This would be perfect compromise.

No. A more special operation should have a more complicated shortcut. "Remove all embellishments" is more general than "remove all embellishments but preserve colorization", so if you really need that special mode, that could be your new shortcut.

I can see the root of our disagreement lies in our regard whether color is an equal-footing embellishment as the text-specific embellishments (italics/underline/strikeout/bold) on the hot-keys.  At least I understand your POV now, I'm glad it's slightly less ridiculous than I thought.  :)

>> Isn't that easy enough without making it impossible for folks writing
>> documents in Squeak that contain colored text?
>
> Don't use Cmd-0 if you want to use text containing different colors. It's *supposed* to make the whole selection look uniform.

But what do I use now if want to maintain different colors but just want to remove emphasis?  To do that before, it was the same consistent gesture-sequence as anything else.  Command+0, Command+6, Enter.  Done.  Now that's broken, especially for custom-colors.

But then you would need many more command sequences:

a) remove all text attributes except color
b) remove all text attributes except underlines/strikethrough
c) remove all text attributes except bold/italic
... etc ...
I don't get this, but, whatever..

This is obviously ridiculous. I just don't see why you think text color is so special that it needs to be treated completely differently than all the other text attributes.

> For a differently-colored background plain text should be displayed in color possibly different from black, I agree. But that color should *not* be encoded in the text itself, it should be a property of its display container, the one providing the background color.

I'm on-board with having a "nil" color as a text that causes it to render in whatever it's container says it should and having a gesture to set it such.  Glad we agree about that.

Would you please compromise with me -- it seems the shift key is used as an "enhanced" version of several hot-key functions throughout the system, and so Shift+Command+0 to inject the decolorization and leaving original Command+0 to remain consistent with [7] thru [=] to only remove emphasis, seems ideal, what do you think?

As I tried to explained above the only consistent way is for CMD-0 to remove all these text attribute. You're welcome to add "remove-all-but-color" as a special operation. I have *never* needed that, but I always was annoyed when I wanted to remove style, e.g. because a class comment was saved as all-red.
Again, if you want to modify color, then invoke the color-modifying operation (Cmd+6), not an emphasis-modifying operation.  The comment might have had something underlined and so you just blew that away when all you said you wanted to do was remove the red.

Seriously, I don't even understand how you could think this is controversial. Removing all text attributes *obviously* should remove text colors.

Since the toggling works afterall, it's not controversial, but a downgrade because I see Cmd-0 now as inconsistent treatment of the text compared to the other emphases operations.

Also, Chris, please read the command-key help, which explicitly states that Cmd-0 is intended to reset all Cmd-6 properties. I merely fixed a bug. It is unfortunate that you learned to rely on the buggy behavior. But I'm sure you're a great learner :)

I had already read it and determined that's where the "fix" should have been applied rather than in the behavior.  Our decisions as a community are based on current, logical discussions like this one to determine which is wrong, not old documentation.

 - Chris

Re: Cmd-0

Bert Freudenberg
On 2013-05-24, at 17:43, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

I can see the root of our disagreement lies in our regard whether color is an equal-footing embellishment as the text-specific embellishments (italics/underline/strikeout/bold) on the hot-keys.  At least I understand your POV now, I'm glad it's slightly less ridiculous than I thought.  :)

Progress ;)

Seriously, I don't even understand how you could think this is controversial. Removing all text attributes *obviously* should remove text colors.

Since the toggling works afterall, it's not controversial, but a downgrade because I see Cmd-0 now as inconsistent treatment of the text compared to the other emphases operations.

Also, Chris, please read the command-key help, which explicitly states that Cmd-0 is intended to reset all Cmd-6 properties. I merely fixed a bug. It is unfortunate that you learned to rely on the buggy behavior. But I'm sure you're a great learner :)

I had already read it and determined that's where the "fix" should have been applied rather than in the behavior.  Our decisions as a community are based on current, logical discussions like this one to determine which is wrong, not old documentation.

 - Chris

I think we have made our respective positions clear. Let's poll others:

A) Argh: I don't care [note: that's a fine opinion, but please do not reply]
B) Bert: Cmd-0 should remove all text attributes
C) Chris: Cmd-0 should remove all text attributes except coloring

Since A is the default we only need to tally B's and C's :)

- Bert -

Re: Cmd-0

Tom Rushworth-2
Hi All,

On 13-05-24 09:29 , Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 2013-05-24, at 17:43, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

[snip]

> I think we have made our respective positions clear. Let's poll others:
>
> A) Argh: I don't care [note: that's a fine opinion, but please do not reply]
> B) Bert: Cmd-0 should remove all text attributes
> C) Chris: Cmd-0 should remove all text attributes except coloring
>
> Since A is the default we only need to tally B's and C's :)

I've always felt that '0' was a fine mnemonic for 'zero attributes',
regardless of whether colour is special.  Count me as a B.

And just for a nit - lines can have all kinds of attributes besides
colour - thickness (i.e. bold), solid/dotted (i.e. italic), wavy (i.e.
font face), tapered (i.e. slant), etc.  I really don't think colour
should be considered a special attribute just because it can apply to
things besides text.

> - Bert -
Regards,

Tom Rushworth

Re: Cmd-0

timrowledge

On 24-05-2013, at 9:49 AM, Tom Rushworth <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've always felt that '0' was a fine mnemonic for 'zero attributes',
> regardless of whether colour is special.  Count me as a B.
>
> And just for a nit - lines can have all kinds of attributes besides
> colour - thickness (i.e. bold), solid/dotted (i.e. italic), wavy (i.e.
> font face), tapered (i.e. slant), etc.  I really don't think colour
> should be considered a special attribute just because it can apply to
> things besides text.

<AOL>Me too</AOL>

tim
"Bother" said Pooh as he said f**k in the wrong conf.

Re: Cmd-0

Yoshiki Ohshima-3
On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 9:29 AM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 2013-05-24, at 17:43, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I think we have made our respective positions clear. Let's poll others:
>
> A) Argh: I don't care [note: that's a fine opinion, but please do not reply]
> B) Bert: Cmd-0 should remove all text attributes
> C) Chris: Cmd-0 should remove all text attributes except coloring
>
> Since A is the default we only need to tally B's and C's :)

Also from the point of view of developing meta tools and things, a
clear way to make sure the stuff in methods and class comments be
perfectly plain is very desirable.  (That need was the origin of this
patch if I remember correctly.)

 (It could be at another key combination but) B.

-- Yoshiki

Re: Cmd-0

Sam Adams-2

B +1

Sam S. Adams, CTO - Contextual Computing
IBM Distinguished Engineer, IBM Research
Mobile: 919-696-6064, email: [hidden email]
Assistant: Linda R. Morrison. (720) 395-0460 Fax: (845) 491-4318, Tie: 676-0460, [hidden email]
<<Hebrews 11:6, Proverbs 3:5-6, Romans 1:16-17, 1 Corinthians 1:10>>

Inactive hide details for Yoshiki Ohshima ---05/24/2013 12:56:32 PM---On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 9:29 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert@fYoshiki Ohshima ---05/24/2013 12:56:32 PM---On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 9:29 AM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote: > On 2013-05-24, at

From: Yoshiki Ohshima <[hidden email]>
To: The general-purpose Squeak developers list <[hidden email]>
Date: 05/24/2013 12:56 PM
Subject: Re: [squeak-dev] Cmd-0
Sent by: [hidden email]

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 9:29 AM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 2013-05-24, at 17:43, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I think we have made our respective positions clear. Let's poll others:
>
> A) Argh: I don't care [note: that's a fine opinion, but please do not reply]
> B) Bert: Cmd-0 should remove all text attributes
> C) Chris: Cmd-0 should remove all text attributes except coloring
>
> Since A is the default we only need to tally B's and C's :)

Also from the point of view of developing meta tools and things, a
clear way to make sure the stuff in methods and class comments be
perfectly plain is very desirable.  (That need was the origin of this
patch if I remember correctly.)

(It could be at another key combination but) B.

--
-- Yoshiki

Re: Cmd-0

Chris Muller-3

I think we have made our respective positions clear. Let's poll others:

A) Argh: I don't care [note: that's a fine opinion, but please do not reply]
B) Bert: Cmd-0 should remove all text attributes
C) Chris: Cmd-0 should remove all text attributes except coloring

The way you worded the ballot is from your position.  For fairness, I submit a version of the ballot that is worded from my position:

  A)  Argh: I don't care [note: that's a fine opinion, but please do not reply]
  B)  Bert:  Cmd-0 should adjust Text emphasis, plus make a color-change.
  C)  Chris:  Cmd-0 should remove Text emphasis, preserving the selected color.

Re: Cmd-0

Bert Freudenberg
On 2013-05-24, at 19:07, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

I think we have made our respective positions clear. Let's poll others:

A) Argh: I don't care [note: that's a fine opinion, but please do not reply]
B) Bert: Cmd-0 should remove all text attributes
C) Chris: Cmd-0 should remove all text attributes except coloring

The way you worded the ballot is from your position.  For fairness, I submit a version of the ballot that is worded from my position:

  A)  Argh: I don't care [note: that's a fine opinion, but please do not reply]
  B)  Bert:  Cmd-0 should adjust Text emphasis, plus make a color-change.
  C)  Chris:  Cmd-0 should remove Text emphasis, preserving the selected color.

Hehe. How about this for compromise - I only changed mine.

  A)  Argh: I don't care [note: that's a fine opinion, but please do not reply]
  B)  Bert:  Cmd-0 should remove Text emphasis, and remove all selected colors.
  C)  Chris:  Cmd-0 should remove Text emphasis, preserving the selected color.

- Bert -

Re: Cmd-0

Chris Muller-3
Yoshiki, if you say it can be another key combination, then that would be a vote for what I want..

There seems to be some confusion about what we're voting about.

A) Don't care.
B)
   Cmd+0 = remove all emphasis attributes including color.
   Shift+Cmd+0 = remove all Text-specific emphasis.
C)
   Cmd+0 = remove all Text-specific emphasis.
   Shift+Cmd+0 = remove all emphasis attributes including color.

If you previously were voting about semantics and this changes your vote, please vote again.

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yoshiki, if you say it can be another key combination, then that would be a
> vote for what I want..
>
> There seems to be some confusion about what we're voting about.
>
> A) Don't care.
> B)
>    Cmd+0 = remove all emphasis attributes including color.
>    Shift+Cmd+0 = remove all Text-specific emphasis.
> C)
>    Cmd+0 = remove all Text-specific emphasis.
>    Shift+Cmd+0 = remove all emphasis attributes including color.
>
> If you previously were voting about semantics and this changes your vote,
> please vote again.

The trouble is that shift-0 has some other characters in different
keyboards.  I'd think that Cmd-0 should remove all emphasis attribute
including color (clear and simple feature to a clear and simple place)
 and then some other key combination, and then find somewhat more
obscure place to put the other feature.

-- Yoshiki

Re: Cmd-0

Darius Clarke
How about a three state toggle?

It seems Cmd+0 is less likely to be toggled back to "and back to everything it was before ... what ever it was".

A three state toggle can suggest a progression from all attributes, to less attributes, to no attributes.

Just document the tri-state in the help.

- Darius

Re: Cmd-0

Tobias Pape

Re: Cmd-0

Alexander Lazarević

Re: Cmd-0

Stéphane Rollandin
> A) Argh: I don't care [note: that's a fine opinion, but please do not reply]
> B) Bert: Cmd-0 should remove all text attributes
> C) Chris: Cmd-0 should remove all text attributes except coloring

+1 for B

Stef

12