The Trunk: Morphic-mt.849.mcz

commits-2
Marcel Taeumel uploaded a new version of Morphic to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Morphic-mt.849.mcz

Name: Morphic-mt.849
Author: mt
Time: 9 April 2015, 1:54:41.384 pm
UUID: 37f99479-4262-b749-a6e3-df4d6fbc5cd0
Ancestors: Morphic-mt.848

Fixed some widgets that failed to grab the keyboard on mouse-up, which is the normal way if #mouseOverForKeyboardFocus is not enabled in the preferences.

=============== Diff against Morphic-mt.848 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: AlternatePluggableListMorphOfMany>>mouseUp: (in category 'event handling') -----
  mouseUp: event

  event hand newKeyboardFocus: self.
+ hasFocus := true.!
- hasFocus := true.
- ^self!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: PluggableListMorphOfMany>>mouseUp: (in category 'event handling') -----
  mouseUp: event

+ dragOnOrOff := nil.  "So improperly started drags will have not effect"
+ event hand newKeyboardFocus: self.
+ hasFocus := true.!
- dragOnOrOff := nil.  "So improperly started drags will have not effect"!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: SimpleHierarchicalListMorph>>mouseUp: (in category 'event handling') -----
  mouseUp: event
  | aMorph |
  aMorph := self itemFromPoint: event position.
  aMorph ifNil: [^self].
  aMorph highlightedForMouseDown ifFalse: [^self].
  aMorph highlightForMouseDown: false.
  model okToChange ifFalse: [^self].
  "No change if model is locked"
  ((autoDeselect isNil or: [autoDeselect]) and: [aMorph == selectedMorph])
  ifTrue: [self setSelectedMorph: nil]
  ifFalse: [self setSelectedMorph: aMorph].
+ event hand newKeyboardFocus: self.
  Cursor normal show!

Re: The Trunk: Morphic-mt.849.mcz

Karl Ramberg
Hi,
There seems to be a regression regarding mouseFocus vs. keyboardFocus.
mouseFocus would scroll any pane on mouseOver disregarding the keyboard focus.

This is at least my preferred style. Then there is no need to click before scrolling a pane, but I don't lose the keyboardFocus  because I accidentally touched the trackpad or moved the mouse.

Now there seem to be click for keyboardFocus or mouseOver for keyboardFocus only.

Karl

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 1:54 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Marcel Taeumel uploaded a new version of Morphic to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Morphic-mt.849.mcz

Name: Morphic-mt.849

Re: The Trunk: Morphic-mt.849.mcz

marcel.taeumel (old)
Hi Karl,

I am not sure whether I understand it correctly. At the moment, you have to following possibilities:

1) Keyboard focus "on click" (i.e. mouseUp or mouseDown depending on the morph)
-> Using the mouse via the scroll bars *does not* change the current focus.

2) Keyboard focus on "mouse over" (i.e. mouseEnter receive and mouseLeave for release)
-> Using the mouse via the scroll bars preceeds a mouseEnter event and thus changes the keyboard focus.

***

However, using the mouse-wheel needs keyboard focus because that's the way the VMs gives use those events.

Best,
Marcel

Re: The Trunk: Morphic-mt.849.mcz

Karl Ramberg
Sorry, I'm going full retard here.
Just ignore my previous mail.

Karl

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 5:29 PM, Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Karl,

I am not sure whether I understand it correctly. At the moment, you have to
following possibilities:

1) Keyboard focus "on click" (i.e. mouseUp or mouseDown depending on the
morph)
-> Using the mouse via the scroll bars *does not* change the current focus.

2) Keyboard focus on "mouse over" (i.e. mouseEnter receive and mouseLeave
for release)
-> Using the mouse via the scroll bars preceeds a mouseEnter event and thus
changes the keyboard focus.

***

However, using the mouse-wheel needs keyboard focus because that's the way
the VMs gives use those events.

Best,
Marcel

Re: The Trunk: Morphic-mt.849.mcz

David T. Lewis
On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 06:18:53PM +0200, karl ramberg wrote:
> Sorry, I'm going full retard here.
> Just ignore my previous mail.

Hi Karl,

It sure is good to have you back :-))